News Days Since Last Bulldogs Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Days since premiership calculator

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A newspaper article published today (how timely) shows that the most watched television programme/broadcast in Victoria this year was the AFL Grand Final post game presentations, with a quoted figure of 359,000 viewers (actually 359,002).
Imagine how many more would have tuned in had they known what Luke Beveridge was to do with his medal.

( I need to make better use of my time)
1987 draft - Pick 59: Simon Tregenza
1992 draft - Pick 59: Scott Allen!

The draft was a weird tool in the early days - hardly a decent player to be found, including a bunch of Footscray picks who either never came or I don't ever remember watching in the seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60. The highest number ever worn by a Bulldogs player in the seniors, donned by none other than Tony Liberatore in his first season at the club in 1986. In the absence of a picture of Libba Sr in '86, here's one of him and Tom enjoying a quiet one.

1_GFSyWB16AT5762.jpg

Surprising we couldn't find the electric spark needed to defeat Hawthorn considering the Ions we had in the team. (That joke will attract 61 groans)

Surprising we couldn't find the electric spark needed to defeat Hawthorn considering the Ions we had in the team. (That joke will attract 61 groans)
I am BWare of posting jokes on here but that's a beauty

62. Premiership player Zaine Cordy was taken with pick 62 in the 2014 National Draft.

Here he is catching Callum Mills holding the ball and proceeding to kick the Bulldogs' first goal in the 2016 Grand Final:

4445.jpg

1475298338982.jpg

I didn't know only Whitten played in both '54 and '61! Sad and very costly that too many of the '54 team moved on :(

In 7 years time, as many as 12-15 of this year's premiership team could still be Bulldogs. Let's hope so :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Libba have the biggest head in the world or do photographers always position him in the front perspective and exaggerate it? The photo of him and his dad made him look like Hagrid vs Harry Potter. His head looks badly "photoshopped in" in a lot of photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

65 - Artie Malberg was the 65th player to don the tri color back in 1927, playing one game as a 19 yr old! ( told you I'd start going obscure for these numbers!!)

Mallll - berg. Malllll - berg

66. With pick 66, our final selection in the 1999 national draft, we picked up a bargain in Ryan Hargrave to round out what is without much doubt our best ever year at the national draft. Four 200 gamers in Bob Murphy, Daniel Giansiracusa, Lindsay Gilbee and Hargrave plus 181 gamer Mitch Hahn was such a good haul for Scott Clayton that he maintains a reputation as a good recruiter to this day despite having his fair share of whiffs since.

43cf9ebcd43c244f643aa88044f94b4b

The Class of '99 minus Patrick Wiggins.

There's been over 4500 expressions of interest, the majority of which will miss out cos........do the math. I registered my school a week after the GF... my "friend" I visited to hold the cup said we had no chance. They really should take this page down as it's giving false hope. I've noticed it's visited a few shopping centres from posts I've seen on Facebook but generally the locations are schools and local businesses not open to public access. I don't think they're advertising it's locations for security reasons. I was sworn to secrecy before and 2 days after my lucky opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know for mine we weren't allowed to post any pics on social media for an hour afterwards, so that people couldn't "ambush" the cup.

67. 1967 was an interesting year for the club as we completed the rare double of winning both the wooden spoon and the night premiership. In those days the night series was played between the eight teams who missed the finals and took place midweek during the VFL finals proper at South Melbourne's home ground Lake Oval. We defeated South Melbourne in the final by 45 points to take home the Golden Fleece Cup.

1967-Scanlens-12-Ted-WHITTEN-Footscray.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back