21 Jared Polec
28 Willem Drew
30 Joe Atley
34 Will Snelling (3rd year rookie)
38 Peter Ladhams (2nd year rookie)
39 Justin Westhoff**
40 Jarrod Lienert (2nd year rookie)
44 Cameron Hewett (3rd year rookie)
45 Emmanuel Irra (2nd year category B rookie)
48 Lindsay Thomas (1st year rookie)

Of that I would see at least these gorne to prepare for the 2018 super draft:

Neade
Toumpas
Snelling
Hewett
Irra
Thomas
Ladhams

3 Jake Neade
12 Trent McKenzie
16 Oliver Wines
18 Jimmy Toumpas
19 Jack Trengove
21 Jared Polec
28 Willem Drew
30 Joe Atley
39 Justin Westhoff**

Neade
Toumpas
Snelling
Hewett
Irra
Thomas
Ladhams

not to many to worry about really.
Wines the only one. maybe Atley if he thinks he can get game time else where?
McKenzie, Polec, Westhoff cant imagine would go anywhere. and as said id give ladhams another year

Hayes? I'm stuffed if I even knew the name. One of the 'normal' draftees we took this year so lost in the fanfare. Meh, I accept the club knows what it's doing here.
Marshall is a great grab. Funny only about 2 days ago he was saying he thought he'd be re-signing sooner or later. I mean his manager must have been standing behind him with an uncapped pen and tapping his foot impatiently for the interview to finish.
DBJ is another excellent re-signing.

Sit back and relax with the best of Darcy Byrne-Jones, after the young-gun re-signed with the club last night!
1f60d.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DBJ has takes his game to another level. No one has noticed yet due to the relatively small sample size of games this year.

Kid is an absolute gun!
All the Ports fans have as he was immense in the last two games, let’s hope the oppo don’t pick up on it.

Brave man. I started to reply to the best players thread and backed out when I had 9 in the best 5.
Problem is working who did the work to get us the win and who complemented the work to get us the win. It's hard to separate. Especially when there were only 2 guys who were below the rest (Gray and Rockcliff) not to say their games were horrible or anything.

Fwiw I had Bonner DBJ and Westhoff Watts Ebert.

Boak, Motlop, Wingard, Howard, Marshall and Barry were my "complementers". It's the only way I could separate them all in what were terrific contributions across the the whole team....well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it anyway.

Crikey I'm out of step with most around here nowadays.
Last year everyone had a fat over Dixon. This year it's my turn to be uberimpressed with the impact he's having in allowing others to have an impact on the game and he's not even a complement. Weird.

Take Dixon out and there goes our "new" strategy/gameplan.

For mine he is our MVP atm.

Crikey I'm out of step with most around here nowadays.
Last year everyone had a fat over Dixon. This year it's my turn to be uberimpressed with the impact he's having in allowing others to have an impact on the game and he's not even a complement. Weird.

Take Dixon out and there goes our "new" strategy/gameplan.

For mine he is our MVP atm.

Charlie is playing his role.

That means you're not always going to get the plaudits every week, but I'm sure he'll console himself with a flag at the end of the year.

Charlie is playing his role.

That means you're not always going to get the plaudits every week, but I'm sure he'll console himself with a flag at the end of the year.
He's more than playing his role.
His impact/influence on the team has become Primus like. That is Primus in his prime.

He's more than playing his role.
His impact/influence on the team has become Primus like. That is Primus in his prime.

Part of his role is being part of the leadership group...that’s what he’s taken the responsibility of IMO

Part of his role is being part of the leadership group...that’s what he’s taken the responsibility of IMO
Nah. Some things just are and cannot be explained with heat maps, analysing strategy etc.

Anyone can become part of a leadership group or even a captain. Not everyone has that natural ability to get others around them to grow an extra leg. Primus had that ability in spades and now Dixon is following suit.

3 Jake Neade
12 Trent McKenzie
16 Oliver Wines
18 Jimmy Toumpas
19 Jack Trengove
21 Jared Polec
28 Willem Drew
30 Joe Atley
39 Justin Westhoff**

Neade
Toumpas
Snelling
Hewett
Irra
Thomas
Ladhams

Neade Toumpas Trengove Snelling Hewett irra and Thomas would be looked at closely to be cut.

Expecting wines to sign on. Atley and drew next important signings to obtain. I would point to Ebert and boak, they aren’t going to play forever so there is spots there for them.

Ladhams not going anywhere

Yeah Ladhams stays. Loads of talent

I think he is underrated by our supporters. Always going to be a long term project but he moves really well for a guy his size, and competes really well for a guy with no size.

DBJ has takes his game to another level. No one has noticed yet due to the relatively small sample size of games this year.

Kid is an absolute gun!

Yep I’m one of those that had him with Brownlow votes game one. He was incredible.

Hayes? I'm stuffed if I even knew the name. One of the 'normal' draftees we took this year so lost in the fanfare. Meh, I accept the club knows what it's doing here.
Marshall is a great grab. Funny only about 2 days ago he was saying he thought he'd be re-signing sooner or later. I mean his manager must have been standing behind him with an uncapped pen and tapping his foot impatiently for the interview to finish.
DBJ is another excellent re-signing.

Learn the name Hayes

The fact we have picked up 2 really really good ruck prospects with nothing picks helps our recruiting to no end. We really don’t have to go searching the draft reaching for a ruck post Ryder now. I mean sure if a great slider apppears why not but ladhams Hayes is as good a young ruck duo to have coming up as anyone has.

Ruckmen drafted in the main draft since 2007 and when offered a new contract and extension time

2007 Lobbe re-signs September 2009 for 2 years until end of 2011
2008 Redden re-signs August 2010 for 2 years until end of 2012
2014 Frampton re-signs March 2016 for 1 year until end of 2017
2017 Hayes re-signs March 2018 for 2 years until end of 2021

Pseudo rucks and KPFs
2013 Harvey - never got a new contract
2014 Howard - re-signs February 2016 for 1 year until end of 2017

Hayes is way earlier than any other big man and got 2 years before he had even played a SANFL game. We have him penciled inked in as the long term replacement for Ryder.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back