DC comic universe to be rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Read Earth Two: The Gathering last night - found it a bit confusing, with the different heroes/costumes (i.e Green Lantern, Flash, Solomon Grundy were not portrayed as I had seen them previously). I'm guessing Earth Two is like an alternate world - similar to Injustice where there is a parallel world somewhere else?

Read Earth Two: The Gathering last night - found it a bit confusing, with the different heroes/costumes (i.e Green Lantern, Flash, Solomon Grundy were not portrayed as I had seen them previously). I'm guessing Earth Two is like an alternate world - similar to Injustice where there is a parallel world somewhere else?

the Earth we think of when we think about the DC characters like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, GL and so on is Earth Prime. Most of the time the Alternate Earths are different like earth 2, or the Flashpoint Earth 2 when they are the same characters we know but not the names we think of, or Earth 3 where they have the same characters but different alias's and everyone is the opposite of Earth Prime like the Justice League is the Crime Syndicate, all evil using powers to control the world Barman is Owlman, Superman is Ultra-man, Wonder Woman is SuperWoman, Flash is Johnny Quick, Green Lantern is Power Ring.

Earth 2 is a good series but at times you need to forget all about Earth prime because of the differences, most of the time different earths have different costumes. and origins. The start of Earth 2 makes the Justice League: Origins arc better because it shows what can happen to characters like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman if they get over run by Parademons and Darkseid.

the Earth we think of when we think about the DC characters like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, GL and so on is Earth Prime. Most of the time the Alternate Earths are different like earth 2, or the Flashpoint Earth 2 when they are the same characters we know but not the names we think of, or Earth 3 where they have the same characters but different alias's and everyone is the opposite of Earth Prime like the Justice League is the Crime Syndicate, all evil using powers to control the world Barman is Owlman, Superman is Ultra-man, Wonder Woman is SuperWoman, Flash is Johnny Quick, Green Lantern is Power Ring.

Earth 2 is a good series but at times you need to forget all about Earth prime because of the differences, most of the time different earths have different costumes. and origins. The start of Earth 2 makes the Justice League: Origins arc better because it shows what can happen to characters like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman if they get over run by Parademons and Darkseid.

Yeah I was definitely a bit surprised/shocked at what transpired early in Earth 2 (in regards to the main heroes I know - I've also read the Justice League Origins graphic novel so this was an interesting twist!).

Besides Injustice, I wonder if there are any other crossover events between Heroes from different worlds? Would be pretty interesting to see happen if it hasn't already.

Besides Injustice, I wonder if there are any other crossover events between Heroes from different worlds? Would be pretty interesting to see happen if it hasn't already.

The one that stands out the most would be Crisis on Infinite Earths. Crime Syndicate are in Forever Evil.

The one that stands out the most would be Crisis on Infinite Earths. Crime Syndicate are in Forever Evil.

Might need to give them a look - have a bit of a backlog to get through though! Hoping to read Red Son or Vol 2 of Green Arrow this weekend :)

for anyone wanting to start some of the New52 comics. Comixology has a sale on 10 Vol1's which collect Issues 1-6/7.

They are on sale till the end of the weekend.
Justice League: Vol 1 [Origins] Was $12.99 now $5.99
Justice League Dark: Vol 1 [In the Dark] Was $11.99 now $5.99
Action Comics: Vol 1 [Superman and the Men of Steel] Was $12.99 now $5.99
Batman: Vol 1 [Court of Owls] Was $12.99 now $5.99
Wonder Woman: Vol 1 [Blood] Was $11.99 now $5.99
The Flash: Vol 1 [Move Forward] Was $12.99 now $5.99
AquaMan: Vol 1 [The Trench] Was $11.99 now $5.99
Green Arrow: Vol 1 [The Midas Touch] Was $11.99 now $5.99
Shazam: Vol 1 Was $16.99 now $5.99
Green Lantern: Vol 1 [Sinestor] Was $11.99 now $5.99

Would recommend getting Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern.
Justice League i re-read and wasnt as disappointing as the first time because i had high expectations and might also be worth getting.

I have not read Shazam or Action comics because with Action comics i gave up around issue 3. Green Arrow was disappointing, Aquaman was alright but gets better with later arcs.

I wish Green Lantern: New Guardians was on special because that is the best of the 4 lantern comics from the start of the new52. but all are worth reading because of the lead in to First Lantern which was in all 4 Lantern books.

EDIT: i have read Shazam it just collects Justice League #7-11, #0, #14-16 and #18-21. some stories are good some not so much. Justice League 7-11 take place right after the Origins Arc and its more of a continuation of the story so will need to read 1-6 first.

Read Batman Vol 1: Court of Owls and Vol 2: City of Owls over the weekend and really enjoyed them both. Will hopefully get Vol 3 (Death in the family?) soon.

Read Vol 1 of Justice League and enjoyed that as well - have Vol 2 at home to read.

Agree with Green Arrow (I didn't think Vol 1 was that bad but found Vol 2 a bit of a struggle). Have Vol 3 as well but haven't touched it yet.

Do you know if Aquaman is any good? I previously didn't know much about him but after reading his bits in the Justice League Origins Vol 1 as well as in Injustice, he seems like a pretty interesting character.

Aquaman is a bit like superman with the comics if the storyline is not interesting the comics will suck, in recent times i think he has worked better as a background character in things like Justice League and Flashpoint. but he has had some good arcs in the new 52 like throne of Atlantis.

Also if you want to read some Aquaman and dont care for physical copies this week till the 7th Comixolog is having a sale on Geoff Johns comics that have Aquaman in them all 99c each.

Flashpoint 1-5 [sadly not the Flashpoint tie ins also]
New52 Aquaman 1-25 [All through till Nov 2013]
New52 Justice League 15-17 [The Throne of Atlantis tie-in]
Brightest Day
and a bunch of stuff form GJ when he first started at DC

i might grab some of the early stuff and the newer aquaman but i have a back log again, i havent been reading any over the past month and and since i got my PS4 ive fallen behiend most of them im upto like Nov 2013. hope the catch up soon again but might wait till forever evil finishes and blast through them all in a weekend then catch up on the others.

New 52 Flash has reignited my love of comics. Beautiful work from the team on this run, giving an iconic character a lot of respect.

Currently reading through Batman: The Long Halloween - really liking it so far. Apparently played a big part in providing some ideas/inspiration for the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy.

Also read volume 2 of the Justice League comics and enjoyed that over Easter :thumbsu:

Currently reading through Batman: The Long Halloween - really liking it so far. Apparently played a big part in providing some ideas/inspiration for the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy.

Also read volume 2 of the Justice League comics and enjoyed that over Easter :thumbsu:

I think Nolan and Goyer also used The Dark Knight returns and Batman Year one as the 3 major stories to base Batman on. i watched Batman Begins last week and forgot how much it took from Year one.

Anyone else been reading the Batman Eternal new series?

I think Nolan and Goyer also used The Dark Knight returns and Batman Year one as the 3 major stories to base Batman on. i watched Batman Begins last week and forgot how much it took from Year one.

Anyone else been reading the Batman Eternal new series?

I finished Death of the Family (vol 3) of the Batman N52. Might check out Batman Eternal (in truth, only just learnt about it now). Is it any good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished reading the All Star Superman series and really enjoyed it. As someone that has struggled to get into the character in the past, I think this series really offers a refreshing story that has a bit of everything.

Does any know if these writers (Morrison and Quietly) did any other Superman comics, or are doing more in the future?

Just finished reading the All Star Superman series and really enjoyed it. As someone that has struggled to get into the character in the past, I think this series really offers a refreshing story that has a bit of everything.

Does any know if these writers (Morrison and Quietly) did any other Superman comics, or are doing more in the future?

Not Superman, but Morrison was writer for Batman for ~5 years (2007 til 2012) which I consider the best Batman stories in 10 years. ANywhere from Batman 650ish to Batman Incorporated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back