Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really looking forward to this

Though the missus has told me I'm not allowed to go see it at the movies with her as I'll be drooling over WW the entire film

She makes a fair point

I'm really looking forward to this

Though the missus has told me I'm not allowed to go see it at the movies with her as I'll be drooling over WW the entire film

She makes a fair point
I will be making my next gf wear that costume ;)

Just have to find one just as hot :(

Cinema was quite full, a big turnout to see it.

Interesting the angle they went down with Bruce and Barbara. I knew they'd have to pad out the story in order to make it somewhat feature length.

But mostly faithful to the novel, I do agree with the early comments that I wish the ending was more ambiguous. That was the icing on the cake for the novel.

The ghost train montage always freaks me out.

The Bruce and Barbra stuff is all Bruce Timm, he did it in BTAS back in the 90's. i think at one stage he forced her to break up with Dick or he wouldnt train her. and he might of got her pregnant at another point, when she was with Dick.

The Bruce and Barbra stuff is all Bruce Timm, he did it in BTAS back in the 90's. i think at one stage he forced her to break up with Dick or he wouldnt train her. and he might of got her pregnant at another point, when she was with Dick.
Makes zero sense and makes Bruce all creepy and abusing his position of power and trust.

I ******* hate it

Apart from a few obvious clunky bits out of place, thought TKJ was pretty good......Although I haven't got around to reading the book yet.
The graphic novel is insane.

A little let down by the film. The animation wasn't great, the half hour preface with Barb was a little boring, and it just kind of lacked the...impact, I suppose, that the novel had upon me. It was harrowing to read. Enjoyable to watch but not as enthralling.

And yes, I hated the Bruce-Barb part.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-killing-joke-batgirl-sex-913904

Haven't watched the panel footage yet, but will be interesting to see this exchange where Azzarello called a journo a "pussy".

The movie was overall a pass mark I guess but fell quite flat when compared to some other animated adaptations DC has done recently. A large part of why I didn't like it as much as the novel is due to the Bruce/Barbara angle.

I mean, he's father like figure to her. Just so out of place.

Are we discussing TKJ here?

Thought it was pretty disappointing. The whole sequence at the start was so obviously crowbarred in. The jump in styles was obvious. And the relationship stuff just further kicked Barbara, it didn't strengthen her character at all.

Hamill was solid if not spectacular, Conroy was eh. Think it might be time for him to hang up the cowl.

Are we discussing TKJ here?

Thought it was pretty disappointing. The whole sequence at the start was so obviously crowbarred in. The jump in styles was obvious. And the relationship stuff just further kicked Barbara, it didn't strengthen her character at all.

Hamill was solid if not spectacular, Conroy was eh. Think it might be time for him to hang up the cowl.
Yeah Conroy voice acting was ******* terrible in this which is a first for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I just viewed it. Wasn't as enthralling as I had hoped it to be.

Perhaps my over enthusiasm for it made it seem less exciting. Dunno, can't put a finger on it

B&B was weird, seemed out of place to me.

Comic Con overnight

looks sooooo s**t :( Zac Snyder is a hack

I like it. Tone is spot on for a JL type movie, the Bats/WW dialogue seemed natural, Flash is going to be fun. Only Cyborg failed to get a decent look in but looks about right (with 15 months post to come).

As far as early trailers goes, couldn't do much better.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh god

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhaha

View attachment 270772

Supergirl thread is https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/supergirl.1098419/

Did anyone even expect them to try. they cant have it look better then Supergirl or even the Superman movies. and its a poor photo shop since it hasnt even started filming season 2 yet which was why there was nothing at Comic Con lastweek.

I will never understand the marvel fanboy hate for DC. Then again I don't really understand Xbox v Playstation and the multitude of other stupid "brand wars" beat up by both groups in order to intice more spending on both.

Because Dc is heaps better and Marvel is the apple of the comic world? :p

Oh yes, Apple v Microsoft, that's another one.

It's a PR strategy so you buy more of both? A very effective one.

There are actually a heap of similarities between apple v microsoft and marvel v dc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back