Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It goes back to Johns creative control and push of Cyborg in the comics at the expense of Martian Manhunter. So yeah it is Johns' fault.

Fair enough. It's a very minor issue for me though. There's so many other problems with the DCEU thus far that I'm just more focused on having a quality, coherent film.

With all of numerous film projects currently in development, I'm sure J'onn will appear soon.

I know it sounds stupid in a movie about costumed superheroes, but Martian Manhunter crosses the line of believability for me. I can suspend my disbelief that there is life on other planets and that they are much stronger here than at home. I can suspend my disbelief that someone wants to dress up as a bat and fight crime. But there's no life on Mars; I'm not crossing that bridge. I hope we never see him.

I know it sounds stupid in a movie about costumed superheroes, but Martian Manhunter crosses the line of believability for me. I can suspend my disbelief that there is life on other planets and that they are much stronger here than at home. I can suspend my disbelief that someone wants to dress up as a bat and fight crime. But there's no life on Mars; I'm not crossing that bridge. I hope we never see him.
There's no life on Mars because it was wiped out. J'onn has been on earth for decades.

Dude it sounds like you just dont like the character. Which is fair enough but I cant see how the suspension of disbelief can be used as arguement against him when you can accept supes, wonder woman etc.

Last edited:
It's bad that I'm setting the bar low, but looked fine to me, just hoping for a more coherent movie than BvS and more entertaining than SS.

I think with the uphill battle that DC will continually find themselves in, not sure how you sell Martian Manhunter without completely repackaging to the point it's not worth bothering.

Looks ok. Have significantly reduced my expectations after being disappointed consecutively, especially the trash SS dished up.

Does seem a bit fresher though, Barry looks decent and I've liked his and Aquaman's suits from the outset. Nice to see that the whole movie hasn't been given away from what's been shown so far.

Anyone else think cyborg looks to much like a transformer?

Come Together is amongst my favorite Beatles songs, so hearing its tune mid way through that trailer was pretty nice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8257c58668b20e66b197bdf8a0b8d091.jpg

Best part of the trailer, really.

The overall CGI look of this looks terrible. :/

Yes it just appears too bleak, the lighting is so dark that it's difficult to make out what's happening.

Granted we are only looking at various shots from one or two action set pieces, but that very dark sky, bleak clouds, toned down colors etc is very difficult. That's Snyder though.

The Come Together theme was fantastic though, I've been listening to that track on repeat since haha.

Aquaman is going to steel the show. surfing on the Batmobile and taking out Parademons was great, and a few little quips

Hopefully the comic con trailer has better CG and doesnt give anything away.

Gordan looks good and a quick little look at Mera. Still dont like how Cyborg looks

How are they doing the lore for Cyborg? Is he from the future? Does he just happen to have hi-tech things? Is he supposed to be a sort of Ironman version player?

it will be New-52. He is fused with the mother box.

it be something like he walks in on his father being attacked by a parademon and the mother box fuses with him.

it will be New-52. He is fused with the mother box.

it be something like he walks in on his father being attacked by a parademon and the mother box fuses with him.

Ah...Ill have to google wtf the Mother Box is. Alien tech or something?

Yes it just appears too bleak, the lighting is so dark that it's difficult to make out what's happening.

Granted we are only looking at various shots from one or two action set pieces, but that very dark sky, bleak clouds, toned down colors etc is very difficult. That's Snyder though.

The Come Together theme was fantastic though, I've been listening to that track on repeat since haha.

Makes me wonder how Snyder was able to produce a scene like this. Granted source material helped him alot but it still came out great. Have watched this scene many times and was only bought to my attention a few weeks back that the snow starts hanging in the air once Dr M goes outside, that was a great touch I thought.

Ah...Ill have to google wtf the Mother Box is. Alien tech or something?

tech from Apokolips and New Genisis, Apokolips is the world Darkseid rules. and New Genisis is the polar opposite.

And also be used to make Boom Tubes which are transportation to anywhere on some worlds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back