Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Cyborg does give WB/DC some interesting possibilities - being a younger member of the team along with Flash probably will give them some good moments together. Plus Cyborg has a pretty big role in Flashpoint so maybe will also get a prominent role in the film. Given the universe's use of mother boxes too, it kind of makes sense (to go with Cyborg and not MM) as Superman already has the 'alien' tag associated with him.

The other thing to probably mention on Cyborg is WB/DC probably wanted to have an African American character for the purpose of diversity in the team's roster. I think I remember some people (rightly or wrongly) originally being critical of the first Avengers film not having enough diversity in terms of the team.

The other thing to probably mention on Cyborg is WB/DC probably wanted to have an African American character for the purpose of diversity in the team's roster. I think I remember some people (rightly or wrongly) originally being critical of the first Avengers film not having enough diversity in terms of the team.
MM is totally a black character.

I think to your everyday punter who knows little about these characters from the comic books it would be easier to introduce cyborg into the storyline over MM

In probably the most left field movie news Ive heard in a while (or maybe ever)

Rumour has it Scorcese is going to produce a Joker origin movie directed by Todd Phillips but NOT starring Leto. Wtf???
Utterly bizarre idea and smacks of DC/WB's infamous lack of direction. They just can't seem to stick to any one thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would definitely take a Joker/Harleen film over a Sirens film at this point. Hopefully it finally delves into Todd's death, something which the DCEU has failed to show despite alluding to it ever since the BvS SDCC trailer.

Its just weird. One thing they desperately need to even approach Marvel levels is a bit of continuity, seems like they're chopping and changing more than ever.

They are panicking. I think they really need to re-start, the Batman movies should be more like Nolan's, dark and gritty, not too many fantasy elements. Realistic baddies.

Shame because Affleck has done a good job but has been dished up s**t to work with.

They are panicking. I think they really need to re-start, the Batman movies should be more like Nolan's, dark and gritty, not too many fantasy elements. Realistic baddies.
It just doesn't make sense. TDK is highly regarded as a bloody great film, DKR whilst not as good is highly rated as well and Begins is severely underrated. Why the * not continue doing what everybody loved?

It just doesn't make sense. TDK is highly regarded as a bloody great film, DKR whilst not as good is highly rated as well and Begins is severely underrated. Why the **** not continue doing what everybody loved?

Sounds like they are going too with Matt Reeves trilogy going by the latest news, but that most likely means Afleck wont be in them.

I think the DCEU is dead and its probably for the best. Going for solo movies with these great characters and starting again is prob the smartest thing they have done.

It just doesn't make sense. TDK is highly regarded as a bloody great film, DKR whilst not as good is highly rated as well and Begins is severely underrated. Why the **** not continue doing what everybody loved?

It won't happen but I'd be chucking 100m each at Nolan and Bale and asking for another trilogy.

Or, get Jon Hamm in and do a Arkham Asylum style movie.

It won't happen but I'd be chucking 100m each at Nolan and Bale and asking for another trilogy.

Or, get Jon Hamm in and do a Arkham Asylum style movie.

They already tried that with Bale with a 50m cheque he said only if Nolan is on board but he wasnt

Not sure he has another trilogy in him anyway. Saw a recent interview with him where he said he wished he had done more with the character in Dark Knight but once he saw what Ledger was doing he didnt think he could compete in a way.

I think he still has small interest in the character he loved being Batman and letting that go was harder then he thought it would be.

They already tried that with Bale with a 50m cheque he said only if Nolan is on board but he wasnt

Not sure he has another trilogy in him anyway. Saw a recent interview with him where he said he wished he had done more with the character in Dark Knight but once he saw what Ledger was doing he didnt think he could compete in a way.

I think he still has small interest in the character he loved being Batman and letting that go was harder then he thought it would be.

Yeah agree unlikely, and we've probably all moved on.

Jon Hamm option it is then.

What did he need to do with the character? I thought it was perfect except for maybe the voice changes.

Think it's more in respect to how far Ledger pushed the Joker to something he himself couldn't/didn't reach.

What did he need to do with the character? I thought it was perfect except for maybe the voice changes.

I agree he was great. He said he wanted to potray him as more menacing and focus on the psychotic aspect of the character. It would have been interesting to see that but the joker sort filled that role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back