Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the studio has tried pushing him out because of the complaints made from women he’s worked with in other films. So they don’t want that baggage.

Also Avengers 2 completely sucked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t blame him after all hate from the feminist crew he copped

I’m just reading up now the extent of the accusations against him last year. In that case, it’s a necessary PR move from DC Films to step away from him.

Especially with a movie such as this, a female superhero. Not sure if the project will even continue (I can’t see it happening anytime soon) but if it does, surely it will be a female director. Perhaps even Patty Jenkins again.

I’m just reading up now the extent of the accusations against him last year. In that case, it’s a necessary PR move from DC Films to step away from him.

Especially with a movie such as this, a female superhero. Not sure if the project will even continue (I can’t see it happening anytime soon) but if it does, surely it will be a female director. Perhaps even Patty Jenkins again.

What are they exactly? I only heard he cheated on his wife. He has not been accused of abuse has he?

What are they exactly? I only heard he cheated on his wife. He has not been accused of abuse has he?

No nothing physically abusive from what I’ve seen. More so I meant the accusations of his affairs and using ventures like Buffy as a front claiming to be a feminist etc.

Came across this piece from his ex wife.

https://www.thewrap.com/joss-whedon-feminist-hypocrite-infidelity-affairs-ex-wife-kai-cole-says/

Can see why a studio would want to avoid a bit of a PR cesspool with this stuff. It was perhaps tolerable for a film like Justice League but probably too much for them for a Batgirl movie.

Bit of a weird one as you would think Whedon would have pitched an idea for a movie. To say he doesn't have a story is strange - but I guess the accusation against him might be the real reason.

I wonder if maybe Batgirl was his ticket into the DCEU and now Snyder's seemingly done, he is going to be the main man for the ensemble films?

Just to change tact, am I the only one really looking forward to Suicide Squad 2? I think they will learn from the mistakes of the first one and kill it.

Leto has to reprise his role as The Joker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to change tact, am I the only one really looking forward to Suicide Squad 2? I think they will learn from the mistakes of the first one and kill it.

It was good to read the sequel won’t have magic villain element, and it’ll be a bit more grounded. There’s definitely enough talent in the project for it to improve. Am keen also even though I hated the first

I said all along that hey should had just followed the Arkham breakout animation film (they took a few things out of it)

Instead we got this convulted SS film which was all over the place and made little sense

Then we have the rumoured Gotham sirens spin off which I’m unsure if it’s going ahead.

I agree Ss 2 needs to be more grounded and leave the world saving stuff to JLA.

Bit of a weird one as you would think Whedon would have pitched an idea for a movie. To say he doesn't have a story is strange - but I guess the accusation against him might be the real reason.

I wonder if maybe Batgirl was his ticket into the DCEU and now Snyder's seemingly done, he is going to be the main man for the ensemble films?

I think he meant is that he doesnt have a good story.

That’s all I’ve heard too was he backlash from he feminist about him cheating on his wife and what a hypocrite he is.

Yeah but they also went after him for his sexist treatment of Black Widow lol.
I will wait for some actresses that worked for him to provide some anecdotal evidence of him being a sleaze before I throw him under the bus.

Him cheating on his mrs is a personal matter and as for him saying he was attracted to the hot young actresses that worked for him...well....

I googled it and all of them refused to comment about it.

Yeah but they also went after him for his sexist treatment of Black Widow lol.
I will wait for some actresses that worked for him to provide some anecdotal evidence of him being a sleaze before I throw him under the bus.

Him cheating on his mrs is a personal matter and as for him saying he was attracted to the hot young actresses that worked for him...well....

I googled it and all of them refused to comment about it.
Like I said it’s just the feminist backlash that forcing him out, it’s crazy atm as I don’t see an affair being a feminist issue.

Like I said it’s just the feminist backlash that forcing him out, it’s crazy atm as I don’t see an affair being a feminist issue.

If anything Id say his politics is possibly a bigger issue. These big studios would not want someone ranting on about Trump, Guns Laws etc all the time.

I think there was a rumour of a squad v squad movie with maybe Deathstroke heading up the other group.

That would be pretty cool to see - especially if they make it a bit more gritty and have less magic (save that for a JL Dark if they do one).

But tend to agree that Joker should have been the villain in the first movie - think even Ayer admitted that afterwards too.

It was good to read the sequel won’t have magic villain element, and it’ll be a bit more grounded. There’s definitely enough talent in the project for it to improve. Am keen also even though I hated the first

I actually still really liked the first, maybe it’s because my first viewing of it was the extended cut, which had a lot of good character building stuff in it. Can see why you hated the first though.

I think there was a rumour of a squad v squad movie with maybe Deathstroke heading up the other group.

That would be pretty cool to see - especially if they make it a bit more gritty and have less magic (save that for a JL Dark if they do one).

But tend to agree that Joker should have been the villain in the first movie - think even Ayer admitted that afterwards too.

Joker should have been the main villain. Not taking away from the performance of Delevingne as Enchantress, I thought she did it really well. The main issue was that she should never have been the main villain, if she was a side issue that they had to deal with intermittently, that may have worked better, who knows.

The cast seem to have an awesome chemistry, so I’m expecting good things for the second movie.

I watched JL finally the other day. I really don't get how they can manage to make such poor movies and have such bad acting/CGI.

The Aquaman movie will bomb hard. I actually can't really see where they will get a successful movie from.

The CGI for Steppenwolf in particular was very average, it’s pretty much unacceptable for films now to have that kind of quality in their finished product.

Especially when you see what other films/franchises are able to do with their visual effects. The Planet Of The Apes films for example has some of the best motion capture I’ve seen. It’s essentially flawless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back