Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The CGI for Steppenwolf in particular was very average, it’s pretty much unacceptable for films now to have that kind of quality in their finished product.

Especially when you see what other films/franchises are able to do with their visual effects. The Planet Of The Apes films for example has some of the best motion capture I’ve seen. It’s essentially flawless.

Some of the action sequences of Batman looked real off as well.

They should had kissed and made up with ironstudio

The new Batman costume was putruid and he couldn’t move his head anymore, the BVS Batman costume was the best I’ve ever seen on screen and had the head functionality too.

Which ones? I think of a couple of snippets in the final battle that just didn’t look that great. There’s one where he swings in, rolls forward and kills a few parademons.

It just looked entirely CGI, and didn’t look that great. Yes all of these films use heavy CGI and quite likely entire action sequences are completed on a computer. But with some of these DCEU battles, it just blatantly stands out. Probably a consequence of the colour palette and nighttime settings, but still.

If that makes sense.

They should had kissed and made up with ironstudio

The new Batman costume was putruid and he couldn’t move his head anymore, the BVS Batman costume was the best I’ve ever seen on screen and had the head functionality too.

His BvS suit was just glorious. My inner nerd still giggles with glee when I see it, and I recall losing my s**t when I first saw that photo Snyder shared early on in production. Amazing to see a Miller style suit used for that film.

His BvS suit was just glorious. My inner nerd still giggles with glee when I see it, and I recall losing my s**t when I first saw that photo Snyder shared early on in production. Amazing to see a Miller style suit used for that film.

Yeah it looked great but its the kind of thing that should be a cherry on top. Looked like comic book Batman and that were the similiarities ended.

Anyone else seen the rumour that Snyder was actually sacked way before he stepped down for personal reasons and that Batgirl was never going to happen, but was a covert way of bringing Whedon into the fold so that he could finish Justice League?

Apparently Whedon asked for more time like another 6 months and they said no.

If that all true then the WB execs got what they deseved. I get 6 months is bad timing coz they dont want to go head to head with infinity war but then give him a year so that he can truly re- do it and Cavill can shave his mo haha.

They started production of Justice League before seeing what BvS reactions would be, after the negative reviews they chose to stick with Snyder even though a couple of execs wanted him gone only to sack him a year later lol.

Take your time muppets.

Which ones? I think of a couple of snippets in the final battle that just didn’t look that great. There’s one where he swings in, rolls forward and kills a few parademons.

It just looked entirely CGI, and didn’t look that great. Yes all of these films use heavy CGI and quite likely entire action sequences are completed on a computer. But with some of these DCEU battles, it just blatantly stands out. Probably a consequence of the colour palette and nighttime settings, but still.

If that makes sense.

Only other one I can think of is the opening battle with that bad guy he was up against, basically being the start of the film and noticeably bad I instantly knew I was in for a wild ride of poor cgi.

Yeah it looked great but its the kind of thing that should be a cherry on top. Looked like comic book Batman and that were the similiarities ended.

Agreed. The trailers are better than the movie itself.

Only other one I can think of is the opening battle with that bad guy he was up against, basically being the start of the film and noticeably bad I instantly knew I was in for a wild ride of poor cgi.

The main redeeming quality of that opening scene at least was how good Gotham looked. Lifted from the panels of a comic book, it was great.

I watched a cam version so I didn't get a clear look at the CGI. Only really noticeable bad CGI was was Superman's lip. Thought the movie was entertaining too. I had a lot of questions, but did enjoy it for what it was.

Is this the one you mean?
batman_ben-759x500.jpg

We've come a long way from that image, recall when I first saw it and was amazed and excited for what was to come. Man, they really butchered it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched JL finally the other day. I really don't get how they can manage to make such poor movies and have such bad acting/CGI.

The Aquaman movie will bomb hard. I actually can't really see where they will get a successful movie from.

Aquaman was a disappointing character. Was expecting Underwater Thor but got a 'cool guy' walking around in jeans. Maybe another symptom of trying to rush up to where the MCU is.

Aquaman was a disappointing character. Was expecting Underwater Thor but got a 'cool guy' walking around in jeans. Maybe another symptom of trying to rush up to where the MCU is.

I thought it looked quite shoddy in the underwater scenes which makes me think an Aquaman movie will look horrible.

I thought it looked quite shoddy in the underwater scenes which makes me think an Aquaman movie will look horrible.
Has already been confirmed from the director that those underwater scenes will not be the same as how they will shoot it in the film.

Plus they are going for a horror element in Aquaman which will be interesting if they pull it off.

Has already been confirmed from the director that those underwater scenes will not be the same as how they will shoot it in the film.

Plus they are going for a horror element in Aquaman which will be interesting if they pull it off.

James Wan is a solid director. Im backing him in to produce something good.

I recently read WBs Horror Division execs have moved over to take over the comics division after the success of IT etc.

James Wan is a solid director. Im backing him in to produce something good.

I recently read WBs Horror Division execs have moved over to take over the comics division after the success of IT etc.
Yeah a horro Aquaman has pique my interest , plus Wan knows his s**t.

Still won’t turn around the DCU sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back