Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that was a pleasant surprise. l never thought I'd be interested in Aquaman.

But I'm on board!

They've clearly dumped the Supermoan vs Bloatman aesthetic. The colour palatte looks like they've dispensed with all the blues, greys and blacks and gone full Marvel on this one. Bright and fun.

Also like the tone. Bit of humour. Bit of colour.

Could be Wan saves the DCU, hey?

Well that was a pleasant surprise. l never thought I'd be interested in Aquaman.

But I'm on board!

They've clearly dumped the Supermoan vs Bloatman aesthetic. The colour palatte looks like they've dispensed with all the blues, greys and blacks and gone full Marvel on this one. Bright and fun.

The dark and gritty tends to wear on you. Time to give it some light

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I'm on board!

Wan and Jenkins I’d say, am very glad she is steering the ship again with Wonder Woman 2.

Snyder’s colour palette and continued use of dark/raining clouds became quite repetitive. Even contrast something as simple as Diana’s costume in BvS to WW, there’s such a noticeable difference.

Well to be fair BvS colour palette complements the story of Doomsday and a 'dark' time for Batman & Gotham city. Of course it would be more colourful for an origin story such as Aquaman & Wonder Woman.

That wasn’t what I was trying to say, didn’t explain it right the first time. It went beyond the setting itself, particularly for Superman.

What I meant to cite as repetitive was the continued bleak look on his face, the ongoing scowl/despair that he carried. Again, it’s okay for a while but it just became repetitive.

The WW costume was essentially the same for those two films, but Jenkins definitely lightened it which was more in tune with her comic book costume. I found that refreshing.

Yeah. I only mention the colour palatte because I literally have not much else to judge this movie on yet :p

Superman's IBS-face was soul destroying though. I agree with glenferry23 on that for sure.

Although, I'm in that minority of fans who actually really liked MoS. His world weariness seemed to work in that pic.

Snyder has stated that he has steered from the comic book costumes slightly, to give the own directors of the solo film the opportunity to showcase and utilise the suits.

Wan and Jenkins I’d say, am very glad she is steering the ship again with Wonder Woman 2.

Snyder’s colour palette and continued use of dark/raining clouds became quite repetitive. Even contrast something as simple as Diana’s costume in BvS to WW, there’s such a noticeable difference.

I heard that if you film scenes in the rain/dark it makes cgi easier

Yeah. I only mention the colour palatte because I literally have not much else to judge this movie on yet :p

Superman's IBS-face was soul destroying though. I agree with glenferry23 on that for sure.

Although, I'm in that minority of fans who actually really liked MoS. His world weariness seemed to work in that pic.

Rewatched Man of Steel about a month ago. The first 2 thirds still holds up very well, despite some ridiculous moments within (Clark's suit just waiting on an 18,000 year old scout ship for example). The over top Jesus references still did my head in. But Zod's arrival, that entire sequence of his transmission across the planet, that was fantastic.

The final third sadly descended into some crazy and cavalier destruction that was so unlike Superman, it may as well have been a different character. Zimmer's score is still epic though, I listen to it very regularly.

I heard that if you film scenes in the rain/dark it makes cgi easier

Its all green screen though, Snyder quite often prefers CGI sky rather than the real thing. Even daytime outdoor scenes on the Kent farm, he prefers as CGI.

Holy s**t that trailer was jaw dropping. Absolutely relentless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back