Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Put the Harley Quinn movie on last night, the wife was excited to be able to see it.

I fell asleep. She watched the whole thing. She said, and I quote, "That may have been the worst movie I have ever seen. As a female, I'm embarrassed to have watched this."

I was pretty stunned, tbh.

Put the Harley Quinn movie on last night, the wife was excited to be able to see it.

I fell asleep. She watched the whole thing. She said, and I quote, "That may have been the worst movie I have ever seen. As a female, I'm embarrassed to have watched this."

I was pretty stunned, tbh.
Watching it now. It's pretty piss poor. They've turned a awesome villain like Victor Zsasz into some weak yes man with bleach blonde hair.

Why must they butcher this universe so much.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Batman reshuffled to an October 2021 release date (from June, with Venom 2 now to be released June 2021).

Wise move. Coincidentally the Halloween season. Can really lean more heavily into The Long Halloween for it’s marketing etc.

Multiple villains, lots of detective work, second year of his career, so much of it is themed from TLH anyway. Looking forward to this, fantastic stuff.

Watched Shazam!. It was good. Probably the best one yet. DCEU definitely realised they're better off aping the MCU style and tone. Will watch Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn at some point.

The tone of Shazam was tailored for its target market - (Harry Potter meets Superman). I liked it, it delivered, however haven't seen it since which is perhaps a reflection of its re-watchability for me. Black Adam has me much more interested than the Shazam sequel.

The tone of Shazam was tailored for its target market - (Harry Potter meets Superman). I liked it, it delivered, however haven't seen it since which is perhaps a reflection of its re-watchability for me. Black Adam has me much more interested than the Shazam sequel.

It did remind me of Harry Potter

It did remind me of Harry Potter

That’s where the concept was pitched to WB, it was aimed at that similar age group. My nephews (aged 9 and 12) absolutely loved it, their favourite comic book movie for some time.

I see why it didn’t do much for others. A blend of Harry Potter/Big/Superman. Thought Levi did very well in his portrayal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there's been a big internet rumbling, that it'll be announced tomorrow when Zack does the Man of Steel commentary live stream.

Apparently the SC was screened to executives in February, so they could work out how much $ was required to finish it.

His watch party on Wednesday (US time) will be very interesting, I’m guessing many will tune in towards the end waiting for some kind of announcement. I doubt it will get a limited theatre release given the pandemic, but could just be the type of content for HBO Max to launch.

Watched Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn. It was adequate. Less enjoyable by the third act. 70s-80s looking setting annoyed me. Overuse of popular music. Title character was okay but having her in the s**t Suicide Squad movie first meant no novelty or discovery. Not in a rush to see her a third time.

Movies without the bullshit city of Gotham seem better.

Superman has powers in that world.

Harley Quinn has nothing. Zero intimidation factor and yet, supposed to be so intimidating gun wielding cops just run away before her. Dross writing.

She has powers from falling in the tub of goo in Suicide Squad.

A battle between Deathstroke and Batman?

Holy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’ll be something. Wow. I wonder though how much footage was shot of Deathstroke, aside from the post credits scene with Luthor.

Also, am reading up to $30m is available to complete the film and it will likely be a mini series type format (the original cut is supposedly ~5 hours).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back