Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I know nothing about this guy but am excited!

so he's a non white shazam?

Have you seen Shazam? He is hinted a few times in that movie, will use tags just incase.

Teth-Adam was an ancient Egyptian chosen to be one of the “champions”. At that time he was given the power of the Egyptian Gods, but went full rogue when granted that power. Killed Pharaohs and tried to seize control of Egypt, that kind of thing.

He wore a black suit and took the name Black Adam. He’s hinted at again towards the end of the Shazam movie, as the 7th throne was empty.

Anyway, in the comics the wizard Shazam then banished him to another galaxy. It takes him thousands of years to get back to Earth and naturally he seeks revenge on the current “champion”, being Billy Batson.

Have you seen Shazam? He is hinted a few times in that movie, will use tags just incase.

Teth-Adam was an ancient Egyptian chosen to be one of the “champions”. At that time he was given the power of the Egyptian Gods, but went full rogue when granted that power. Killed Pharaohs and tried to seize control of Egypt, that kind of thing.

He wore a black suit and took the name Black Adam. He’s hinted at again towards the end of the Shazam movie, as the 7th throne was empty.

Anyway, in the comics the wizard Shazam then banished him to another galaxy. It takes him thousands of years to get back to Earth and naturally he seeks revenge on the current “champion”, being Billy Batson.
i have, but dont remember that. thanks!

Really liking the concept art for the new flash suit. If they can get something close to that for the real thing it will be great.

Seems they are going to go with the traditional yellow lightning for the movie too.

The-Flash-Movie-New-Suit-Art.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-08-22-at-2.48.27-PM.png

Really liking the concept art for the new flash suit. If they can get something close to that for the real thing it will be great.

Seems they are going to go with the traditional yellow lightning for the movie too.

The-Flash-Movie-New-Suit-Art.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-08-22-at-2.48.27-PM.png
Looks good. I like that they are keeping batman in the flash stand alone. This is something they over looked on man of steel in a justice league universe. In a mass alien invasion surely wonder woman would have come out of hiding and made herself known. Same as in Aqua man during the big wash up of ships etc. Just hope this movie takes DC movies up a notch.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure exactly where to post this, glorious piece of work by WB aimed towards non comic fans. This was great.

They have been putting out great stuff on that channel. The making of the dark knight trilogy was great.

Plus kubrick doco etc

It was kind of inevitable I guess, but still. Damn.

Black Adam doesn’t even have a release date currently. Just too much uncertainty over production and potential income earned in a COVID environment.

Rumours going around the Wonder Woman is now going to HBO Max but you will have to pay extra to watch it. They have to know they will make a loss on that though since Mulan apparently didnt do that well.

As for Batman why didnt they just move it to the december spot that Matrix 4 was pushed forward too?

Rumours going around the Wonder Woman is now going to HBO Max but you will have to pay extra to watch it. They have to know they will make a loss on that though since Mulan apparently didnt do that well.

As for Batman why didnt they just move it to the december spot that Matrix 4 was pushed forward too?

Interestingly Wonder Woman is still listed for December this year. Just can’t see it happening though, especially with Tenet’s performance. WB left with little option really but to reshuffle the state and delay these films again.

I liked The Batman’s proposed October opening next year, fits in The Long Halloween theme. But ever since that recent delay in production again (Pattinson of all people contracting COVID), it was bound to happen.

Is Mulan a good example? Quite a few factors IMO. Pricing was way out of whack, along with a new service with limited original/new content. Throw in some of the political stuff behind the scenes with the actors, coupled with limited promotion, no surprise it didn't do as well as planned.

If WW84 was getting a digital release they would want to promote it ASAP. With that being said, 100% will be delayed, the delay of the other films proves it.

They're just waiting until the last minute to pull the pin. Bond 25 they waited until this week (only around a month out) to announce the delay. Would expect a delay announcement in a few weeks.

On a separate note, DC animated films are a hidden gem of the comicbook/superhero area of entrainment. I'm not sure of the timeline of developing animated content, but seems a really good opportunity with COVID to make some new animated films/anthology series to complement the current movies, even with existing DCEU cast perhaps.

Interestingly Wonder Woman is still listed for December this year. Just can’t see it happening though, especially with Tenet’s performance. WB left with little option really but to reshuffle the state and delay these films again.

I liked The Batman’s proposed October opening next year, fits in The Long Halloween theme. But ever since that recent delay in production again (Pattinson of all people contracting COVID), it was bound to happen.
I feel like the true blame for Tenet’s ‘underperformance’ is the lack of follow-up films. Tenet alone wasn’t going to bring people back to the cinemas regularly, it was the first step, at which point, the cinemas needed at least a semi-regular flow of bankable movies to draw people back and restore confidence. Given Mulan’s performance, Disney are probably wishing they had just released it in cinemas. Performance might have been about the same but it would have given cinemas a boost. If large chains shut down in the next six months, that’s going to hurt the viability of blockbusters into the future.

That all said, WB took the hit for all the other studios and none followed, no way should they have to take the hit again with WW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Mulan a good example? Quite a few factors IMO. Pricing was way out of whack, along with a new service with limited original/new content. Throw in some of the political stuff behind the scenes with the actors, coupled with limited promotion, no surprise it didn't do as well as planned.

If WW84 was getting a digital release they would want to promote it ASAP. With that being said, 100% will be delayed, the delay of the other films proves it.

They're just waiting until the last minute to pull the pin. Bond 25 they waited until this week (only around a month out) to announce the delay. Would expect a delay announcement in a few weeks.

On a separate note, DC animated films are a hidden gem of the comicbook/superhero area of entrainment. I'm not sure of the timeline of developing animated content, but seems a really good opportunity with COVID to make some new animated films/anthology series to complement the current movies, even with existing DCEU cast perhaps.

Mulan is pretty much the only example we have which is why I bought it up. The studio will probably look to that as a guide. There was Trolls 2 which I think did well but thats kids movie and not linked to streaming service where you kinda pay twice. Not sure what price they will put but HBO max is also a new service with limited content from what I hear and also still not available in alot of countries last I heard. It was just a rumour I saw and only thought he may have some truth since the didnt move their release date. They might do a combined release who knows.

Mulan is pretty much the only example we have which is why I bought it up. The studio will probably look to that as a guide. There was Trolls 2 which I think did well but thats kids movie and not linked to streaming service where you kinda pay twice. Not sure what price they will put but HBO max is also a new service with limited content from what I hear and also still not available in alot of countries last I heard. It was just a rumour I saw and only thought he may have some truth since the didnt move their release date. They might do a combined release who knows.

Oh of course, wasn't having a go. Just think WW84 would do far better than Mulan with a digital release.

As much as it sucks for us (moviegoers in general) would prefer waiting until next year rather than having a big gap with production catching up. Especially living in Victoria would rather see Tenet at the movies rather than digital if it was available.

All uncharted area for the entertainment industry as a whole though at the end of the day.

Oh of course, wasn't having a go. Just think WW84 would do far better than Mulan with a digital release.

As much as it sucks for us (moviegoers in general) would prefer waiting until next year rather than having a big gap with production catching up. Especially living in Victoria would rather see Tenet at the movies rather than digital if it was available.

All uncharted area for the entertainment industry as a whole though at the end of the day.

No stress was just elaborating.

Agree with Tenet would love to see it on the big screen but am getting a bit starved for new content. Dont think I would be able to hold out if it did get releleased digitally soon.

Thankfully the ps5 in only a month away now.

No stress was just elaborating.

Agree with Tenet would love to see it on the big screen but am getting a bit starved for new content. Dont think I would be able to hold out if it did get releleased digitally soon.

Thankfully the ps5 in only a month away now.

I'm a a bit the same RE: holding out for cinema releases.

Have to wait till next year for my PS5 though despite being up all morning that day *sobs*

Yes it’s been said many times how good their animated movies are. The Suicide Squad: Assault on Arkham for example, significantly better than the live action Suicide Squad.

And on the Tenet discussion, I’d see it tomorrow if cinemas were open in VIC. It does seem so far away though when cinemas will reopen here. Likely one of the last things to reopen during this roadmap, and who knows even when that will be. Months away at a minimum.

I feel like the true blame for Tenet’s ‘underperformance’ is the lack of follow-up films. Tenet alone wasn’t going to bring people back to the cinemas regularly, it was the first step, at which point, the cinemas needed at least a semi-regular flow of bankable movies to draw people back and restore confidence. Given Mulan’s performance, Disney are probably wishing they had just released it in cinemas. Performance might have been about the same but it would have given cinemas a boost. If large chains shut down in the next six months, that’s going to hurt the viability of blockbusters into the future.

That all said, WB took the hit for all the other studios and none followed, no way should they have to take the hit again with WW.

I’ve read that WB took a higher percentage of cinema ticket sale than is typical, as their way of being compensated for Tenet being the “litmus test” for how big movies would perform in a COVID world.

This squeezed the profit margin even more for cinema operators. Who are heavily reliant on people coming in and purchasing food/drinks etc. Without the traffic coming in, and as you said the follow up movies, it just wasn’t going to work unfortunately.

I’ve read that WB took a higher percentage of cinema ticket sale than is typical, as their way of being compensated for Tenet being the “litmus test” for how big movies would perform in a COVID world.

This squeezed the profit margin even more for cinema operators. Who are heavily reliant on people coming in and purchasing food/drinks etc. Without the traffic coming in, and as you said the follow up movies, it just wasn’t going to work unfortunately.
It’s just a pretty crappy situation all round, unfortunately. WB’s decision was bold but hasn’t panned out like they’d hoped, in part because other studios didn’t like its results and didn’t follow through. Disney‘s decision on Mulan made a bit of sense in light of that, but it also didn’t pay off and it may have benefitted going to the big screen (I don’t understand why they insisted on going straight to Disney+ in all countries with access, Mulan could have done very well in countries like Australia and Japan). More than any other time, hindsight is 20/20.

I haven’t been to the cinema a stack of times since they reopened about three months ago, but I’ve seen Tenet, Bill & Ted, Back to the Future II and Return of the Jedi. I want cinema to survive but it’s looking increasingly likely there won’t be another major release this year. So even in states that are doing well, it’s going to be tough times for cinemas.

That said, my niece works in a major shopping centre and was told by an employee that Hoyts was doing pretty good business in the school holidays. And it’s probably because they are offering a range of kids movies. Variety is key.

I haven’t been to the cinema a stack of times since they reopened about three months ago, but I’ve seen Tenet, Bill & Ted, Back to the Future II and Return of the Jedi. I want cinema to survive but it’s looking increasingly likely there won’t be another major release this year. So even in states that are doing well, it’s going to be tough times for cinemas.

It does hit home just how different things are here down in VIC reading this, with your cinemas reopening 3 months ago. I'm hanging to see Tenet, and ducking and weaving anything on the internet about it to avoid spoilers. Its likely still months away from that happening here in Melbourne. That along with watching footy finals with plenty of spectators, stark reminders of the difference we face.

ROTJ back on the big screen would've been something too, I caught the special editions way back when they were re-released in cinemas (1996 or 97 IIRC).

Anyway, back on topic the US cinema market is under further duress with Los Angeles & New York not having cinemas reopened (which combine for a large % of the total US box office). There's an air of inevitability around Wonder Woman 2 unfortunately. Personally I would pay to see it on a streaming platform, but would prefer to see it at a cinema even if that is 4-6 months away.

It does hit home just how different things are here down in VIC reading this, with your cinemas reopening 3 months ago. I'm hanging to see Tenet, and ducking and weaving anything on the internet about it to avoid spoilers. Its likely still months away from that happening here in Melbourne. That along with watching footy finals with plenty of spectators, stark reminders of the difference we face.

ROTJ back on the big screen would've been something too, I caught the special editions way back when they were re-released in cinemas (1996 or 97 IIRC).

Anyway, back on topic the US cinema market is under further duress with Los Angeles & New York not having cinemas reopened (which combine for a large % of the total US box office). There's an air of inevitability around Wonder Woman 2 unfortunately. Personally I would pay to see it on a streaming platform, but would prefer to see it at a cinema even if that is 4-6 months away.

The was interview with Patty Jenkins overnight where she was adamant that it will be released in theatres. Maybe she is just seeing the writing on the wall at its a public plea. She also said Cinemas are on the verge of becoming extinct all together. I personally dont think that will happen but the companies that currently run them definitely are.

The was interview with Patty Jenkins overnight where she was adamant that it will be released in theatres. Maybe she is just seeing the writing on the wall at its a public plea. She also said Cinemas are on the verge of becoming extinct all together. I personally dont think that will happen but the companies that currently run them definitely are.

Yes I read that, she does make some very valid points.

Seems they're holding with (at least for now) a Christmas release however that decision is likely heavily predicated on whether LA/NYC cinemas are up and running by then.

Interesting list at the end of that article, Coming To America's sequel still set for December 18. That's the kind of movie that you'd think would perform really well with a video on demand release if it came to that. Its not a big blockbuster that you lose a lot from without the cinema experience, has a cult following from the 80s/90s generations, original cast returning including James Earl Jones. It'd do well I'd say, however again I would prefer to see it in the cinemas even it means waiting longer.

Bloody hell that's some exciting news.

Really excited to see Zack's version of Joker. Will we get anything tied in with Jason Todd?

Surely it would mean this. Affleck too is also currently filming additional scenes.

Was an absolute failure of the earlier Snyder movies to overlook this. The trailer tease of “ha ha, jokes on you Batman” was absolutely magnificent.

To then not even have it mentioned beyond that really was ridiculous. A very poor decision that seemingly he’s trying to atone for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back