Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ill be pretty suprised if that Flash movie ever actually gets made. Swear ive heard about it in pre production for a decade.

Was originally due in 2019 from memory, it’s been in development hell for ages. But it’s legit happening finally, due end of 2022. I recall hearing filming commences in the next month or so.

Would hope the role still has a large part to play in that movie - always preferred the Rebirth arc where he is wrongly convicted. There’s definitely more to play out there with Thawne etc (don’t believe he’s been cast yet either).

Yeah no word of Thawne even being in the movie. Surely would have said something about casting him by now if it were to happen.
Hope they get someone great as it would really elevate the story. Who would you cast?

Yeah no word of Thawne even being in the movie. Surely would have said something about casting him by now if it were to happen.
Hope they get someone great as it would really elevate the story. Who would you cast?

It‘d be hard to see how there’s no Thawne in Flashpoint, but yes it’s perhaps a bit odd that there’s still no announcement at this stage.

Im not the best when it comes to casting choices, but have always wanted to see Fassbender in a DC villain role. And the bloke who plays Homelander in The Boys, Anthony Starr I believe, I thought to myself (especially in those unstable moments where he’s about to lose his s**t) that he would make a brilliant Thawne.

It‘d be hard to see how there’s no Thawne in Flashpoint, but yes it’s perhaps a bit odd that there’s still no announcement at this stage.

Im not the best when it comes to casting choices, but have always wanted to see Fassbender in a DC villain role. And the bloke who plays Homelander in The Boys, Anthony Starr I believe, I thought to myself (especially in those unstable moments where he’s about to lose his sh*t) that he would make a brilliant Thawne.

Yeah I had fassbender in mind too. Starr not a bad choice either.

Tiny bit of spoilers involved at the end.
This is a bit much...

The comparisons and language are just... vomit inducing. I dont wanna say Snyder Nut Hugger but c'mon.

Also bashing the Endgame saga as being 9 hours for what this does in 4...

If its half as good as endgame then its a massive win. If (by this reviewers logic) its twice as good (or as good in half the time) then ill be truly floored.

This is a bit much...

The comparisons and language are just... vomit inducing. I dont wanna say Snyder Nut Hugger but c'mon.

Also bashing the Endgame saga as being 9 hours for what this does in 4...

If its half as good as endgame then its a massive win. If (by this reviewers logic) its twice as good (or as good in half the time) then ill be truly floored.
I genuinely think it is going to be hard to find a reasonable good opinion online, on social media etc... the fan boys who have been crying out for this are going to absolutely rave about it even if it is the biggest pile of s**t of all time, and the Marvel fan boys who s**t all over everything DC have done (not without reason to be fair) are going to absolutely s**t on it.. even if it is a really good film.

I am not bothering to read anything review wise, will just hopefully find that length of time to watch it uninterrupted and go from there forming my own opinions (and hopefully it is good)

I genuinely think it is going to be hard to find a reasonable good opinion online, on social media etc... the fan boys who have been crying out for this are going to absolutely rave about it even if it is the biggest pile of sh*t of all time, and the Marvel fan boys who sh*t all over everything DC have done (not without reason to be fair) are going to absolutely sh*t on it.. even if it is a really good film.

I am not bothering to read anything review wise, will just hopefully find that length of time to watch it uninterrupted and go from there forming my own opinions (and hopefully it is good)

Yeh competely agree, that was just particularly amusing.

Yeh competely agree, that was just particularly amusing.
It is all pretty amusing really, i follow a guy on Twitter who is going to absolutely gush over it regardless, and I am absolutely certain of one particular poster here who will come here and s**t on it regardless.

I will just sit here and judge everyone haha

Think they should have just gone with making it into a mini-series.
Yeah i am not overly keen at sitting down for 4 hours to watch something, especially that something that is potentially an over the top disjointed mess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill be interested to see what this (fairly moderate) group here says about it.

I wont be able to get to it until the weekend at the earliest and i assume some will probably start it 6pm tomorrow.

Horrible timing with Footy back, why couldnt it drop last weekend.

Yep I am keen to see it but not so keen that I need to rush to it. I have very low expectations so hopefully it beats that.

The 4 part mini series concept from the outset made a lot sense, I wonder why that decision was reversed. From a financial standpoint too, it would have incurred a fee from a new subscriber over a 4 week period for HBO Max.

And wouldn’t have enabled what I’m going to do (and many others I’m tipping) in just signing up for a free trial on Binge and cancelling shortly thereafter. Anyway, will he aiming to start it tomorrow night but will likely need 2-3 instalments to finish it.

Last edited:
I genuinely think it is going to be hard to find a reasonable good opinion online, on social media etc... the fan boys who have been crying out for this are going to absolutely rave about it even if it is the biggest pile of sh*t of all time, and the Marvel fan boys who sh*t all over everything DC have done (not without reason to be fair) are going to absolutely sh*t on it.. even if it is a really good film.

That's why there's still room for the traditional film reviewer. yeah, they can be a bit snobby towards comic book films, but you're not getting the absurd agendas you'll find elsewhere and will actually comment on the narrative and filmmaking.

The 4 part mini series concept from the outset made a lot sense, I wonder why that decision was reversed. From a financial standpoint too, it would have incurred a fee from a new subscriber over a 4 week period for HBO Max.

And wouldn’t have enabled what I’m going to do (and many others I’m tipping) in just signing up for a free trial on Binge and cancelling shortly thereafter. Anyway, will he aiming to start it tomorrow night but will likely need 2-3 instalments to finish it.

It had to with the actor contracts. Dont know the specifics but legally they couldnt release it as a mini series or they would have to re-negotiate.

I prefer it this way it was suppose to be a movie so that how I wanna see it. I will be watching it all tommorow night.

It had to with the actor contracts. Dont know the specifics but legally they couldnt release it as a mini series or they would have to re-negotiate.

I prefer it this way it was suppose to be a movie so that how I wanna see it. I will be watching it all tommorow night.
Ill actually be curious to know how it goes holding you for the full four hours.

Most of us are flat out not conditioned to do that without wandering to a phone screen at some point

Ill actually be curious to know how it goes holding you for the full four hours.

Most of us are flat out not conditioned to do that without wandering to a phone screen at some point

I dont think I watch 2 hour movies without looking at my phone at home. Im basically thinking of it a tv binge session. They generally seem easier to watch for longer periods of time though not sure why.

Either way I'll be taking breaks and stuff wont be stuck there for 4 hours straight.

Last long movie I watched was The Irishman that was boring as *. So if I can sit through that.

How is sitting through 4 episodes of a Netflix series any different to sitting through a 4 hour film. It's not different at all.

Well it is, the netflix series would have pre set breaks and the pacing is different.

Hence im saying "if youre going to watch this the way you watch a movie, eg no breaks and not checking your phone" id be interested to see how it holds up.

Well it is, the netflix series would have pre set breaks and the pacing is different.

Hence im saying "if youre going to watch this the way you watch a movie, eg no breaks and not checking your phone" id be interested to see how it holds up.

Yep this.

Rotten Tomatoes was 75% last night, going up to 78% today. Says quite a bit about how much the Cut has improved the theatrical cut. Quite the remarkable turnaround if he can convert even his biggest critics.

Snyder's record

BvS - 26%

MoS - 56%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back