Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm intrigued by this Justice League... But also not overly confident in it being any better than what already has come out. Man of Steel and BvS weren't exactly great films.. As much as I'd absolutely love a good superman movie.

The only thing I know for sure is no matter what, the full on Snyder cut nerds are so obsessed already that they will claim it's amazing and a masterpiece.. Even if it is s**t
And the DC haters will claim it is absolute garbage.. Even if it is good.

c9yuby58mah61.jpg

I know it’s a quintessential part of the Snyder aesthetic, however the dark toned CGI sky he uses makes it difficult at times to appreciate the details in the picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree and you can’t change my mind

#internet101

You get the popcorn and I'll get the drinks.

My only real hope out of this movie is it does what it can to save the JL as a franchise. Saying that if Affleck and Cavill are both out it's already dead.

Last edited:
“Where honour is distant memory” I believe he said. Voice was very different as was his look, I liked it much better. Wearing the GCPD vest as well, with some badges supposedly on the front as “trophies”.

I honestly cant think of a single directors cut that SUBSTANTIALLY changed a movie for me.

This looks darker and more thoughtful granted (i seem to recall the first trailer for JL with some awful cover of Come Together and Aquaman dude broing into a fight and sighing).

I suspect it will be "better" but still bog average at best.

I honestly cant think of a single directors cut that SUBSTANTIALLY changed a movie for me.

This looks darker and more thoughtful granted (i seem to recall the first trailer for JL with some awful cover of Come Together and Aquaman dude broing into a fight and sighing).

I suspect it will be "better" but still bog average at best.

Im almost certain it will be better and more coherent than the theatrical Justice League. I appreciate that’s not exactly setting the bar very high, I also believe that film wasn’t as bad as the panning it received and it’s reputation since. Something around a 5 or 5.5/10, I know these rankings are subjective though.

Will the Snyder Cut all of a sudden boost that to a 9 out of 10? Again, am almost certain it won’t because of the balance of Snyder’s track record.

His films have great potential, great moments, some excellent callbacks to pivotal moments from the comics which I love (I’m keen as for the regeneration of Superman here). They have great scores (Junkie XL back for this, yes please). However ultimately they fail to deliver and have many flaws throughout.

So my expectations have always been in check. I think this will land somewhere around the 6-6.5/10 mark. Time will tell.

I didn't hate JL like most, wasn't perfect but was an enjoyable experience like the cookie cutter Infinity Saga. DC is usually more of sombre mature affair. Whedon didn't do the characters justice (pardon the pun). This seems more in line with what DC is like.

Leto Joker vastly improved.

Will enjoy this for what it will be and look forward to The Flash movie.

Last edited:
Yeh I wouldn’t go as far as saying I hated the theatrical, it just wasn’t very good.

I'm expecting the movie to still be pretty crap, but at least it will match the tone of the previous movies. Joss Whedon's style (quips left, right and center) was too jarring considering what we got in MOS and BVS.
100% agree with this, at least the film won’t feel like two completely different ideas.

FWIW I also think that a justice league universe is always gonna struggle. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are probably the holy trinity for comic book geeks. Spider man likely gets a look in but the rest of the marvel verse can be shaped into whatever really (let’s not forget iron man was pretty secondary until RDJ made him what he is now).

There’s just so much fan service required as we have such a history with these characters. It’s really a hiding to nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back