Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So... do we know when it’s acrually out and where we can see it?

March isn't it?

Don't think Foxtel has advertised it so likely a download here.

^That is cringe haha

" He has reshot the ending with a hero cameo that will blow hard-core fans’ minds "

I wonder who that could be? I did hear a rumour on Fatman Beyond this week.

Charlie Hunnam would appear as Green Arrow. Not sure its that as Green Lantern would make more sense which I guess could just be a mix up and Smith is stoned all the time anyway

" He has reshot the ending with a hero cameo that will blow hard-core fans’ minds "

I wonder who that could be? I did hear a rumour on Fatman Beyond this week.

Charlie Hunnam would appear as Green Arrow. Not sure its that as Green Lantern would make more sense which I guess could just be a mix up and Smith is stoned all the time anyway

Green Lantern makes sense, heck they'd probably be able to get Reynolds to cameo even if it's just to save the character for later.

Martian Manhunter is the other rumoured addition.

Green Lantern makes sense, heck they'd probably be able to get Reynolds to cameo even if it's just to save the character for later.

Martian Manhunter is the other rumoured addition.

Snyder already revealed MM as an addition in this, being General Swanwick. So I’m doubting that’s the reveal being referred to here, hopefully it’s a Lantern. Long been teased about, like many things in the DCEU.

Snyder already revealed MM as an addition in this, being General Swanwick. So I’m doubting that’s the reveal being referred to here, hopefully it’s a Lantern. Long been teased about, like many things in the DCEU.

Are we getting him in his true form?

The only really other big one is Black Adam. But timeline wise it makes no sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we getting him in his true form?

The only really other big one is Black Adam. But timeline wise it makes no sense.

Certainly hope it will be his true form. I’ll also accept pog form.

The Shazam/Black Adam universe seems a bit too campy (tone wise) for Snyder to reference here. I really do think it’s a Lantern like you mentioned.

Certainly hope it will be his true form. I’ll also accept pog form.

The Shazam/Black Adam universe seems a bit too campy (tone wise) for Snyder to reference here. I really do think it’s a Lantern like you mentioned.

I'm sure it'll leak within a few hours.

At this stage its a closing chapter. But if its a huge success for HBO max and well received then you think they might change their mind.

If they want to continue making JL movies or they still have plans to have a proper Darkseid movie surely they go from this movie. Guess we'll see.

I think irrespective of the end product, the hardcore Snyder fans (who championed for the film to begin with) will absolutely love it regardless. Same can be said of the anti Snyder/DCEU fans, they’ll likely still think it’s rubbish and the universe should be scrapped.

It’s the large middle contingent of filmgoers that will likely decide the future from here. If it delivers, and there’s an interest in seeing the next instalment, and the same actors etc are keen to continue, then it’s very possible some kind of follow up film can co-exist with the other slated films in the universe.

I think irrespective of the end product, the hardcore Snyder fans (who championed for the film to begin with) will absolutely love it regardless. Same can be said of the anti Snyder/DCEU fans, they’ll likely still think it’s rubbish and the universe should be scrapped.

It’s the large middle contingent of filmgoers that will likely decide the future from here. If it delivers, and there’s an interest in seeing the next instalment, and the same actors etc are keen to continue, then it’s very possible some kind of follow up film can co-exist with the other slated films in the universe.

No way WB/HBO has invested 80m plus on this movie without the thought that it will kick things back off. They wouldn't care that much just for Snyder to get his version out.

No way WB/HBO has invested 80m plus on this movie without the thought that it will kick things back off. They wouldn't care that much just for Snyder to get his version out.

I think it was mainly just to get hbo max subscribers as it was really struggling out of the gate. If not for the launch of that this never would have happened. Also at the time they had no idea that pandemic would make them release all the wb movies on hbo max this year.

I'd be surprised if this is even on the radar of the average movie-goer. You'd have to have an existing interest in the comic book universes to be aware of alternative cuts and studio politics. For the average movie-goer who turns out at cinemas to catch the next blockbuster, investing four hours in something they saw the original of several years ago may be a step too far.

I think it was mainly just to get hbo max subscribers as it was really struggling out of the gate. If not for the launch of that this never would have happened. Also at the time they had no idea that pandemic would make them release all the wb movies on hbo max this year.

Suppose so. Hell of an investment.

Ive heard crazy numbers these streamers pay for content. Netflix paying seinfeld like 750 mil for the show and i guess his stand up for just 5 years.

More comparitively amazon paid 100 mil for coming to america 2.

MGM wanted 750m just for the new Bond. Offers were about half that.

While they might not be kicking things off, I think they're likely testing the waters to see if people are more receptive to it this time around.

Still a lot of cash to only bring in new subscribers, especially for a movie as opposed to a TV series where a lot of people are going to take advantage of free trials. Plenty of people are going to be doing that with Binge with no intention of paying for an ongoing subscription.

Narrative wise, without spoiling anything they're including stuff which really should be at the end of a multi movie arc like End Game and Infinity War. Bit arse about which is a shame.

Hopefully it serves the Flash movie well, so that can then hit the reset button story wise and get some clarity and move forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back