Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Except Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa were quite popular in the roles? If anything, the casting was never the problem, except perhaps Affleck as Batman.
Affleck is the best Wayne/Batman and I’ll fight anyone that doesn’t think so he had none of the flaws the other portrayals has had

Affleck is the best Wayne/Batman and I’ll fight anyone that doesn’t think so he had none of the flaws the other portrayals has had
I think Affleck being cast was contraversial then he was quite good (in bad movies).

Gadot was absolutely contraversial, I remember the backlash pretty vividly tbh but again, she crushed it in the first WW.

Momoa had a little backlash cause he’s not white and blonde (as the first Arthur Curry was).

Funnily enough I seem to recall everyone BUT Ezra Miller copping some s**t for their casting and as it stands now he’s the only one most fans would probably want to change.

Almost every Batman casting choice is met with various levels of backlash. Even in pre social media eras such as Michael Keaton. I enjoyed Affleck’s performance, the brawler Batman really suited that universe. He was never the problem.

Except Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa were quite popular in the roles? If anything, the casting was never the problem, except perhaps Affleck as Batman.

Casting was never a problem but the Snyderverse movies got off to an awful start (I liked them but they divided everyone) that got worse with Justice League and there’s been a stench ever since. And to top it all off now their Flash actor has gone completely off the rails, there’s no point trying to salvage this mess they need to start fresh. Gal Gadot and Jason Mamoa were probably the only reasons why they hadn’t done it earlier but after Wonder Woman 2 I could see why they’d be nervous about another one.

Affleck was a decent Wayne and trash Batman. Let’s fight.

He could never really lose himself in the role, it was always Ben Affleck playing as Batman. All of Bale, Pattinson and Keaton are better. And West.

Affleck was a decent Wayne and trash Batman. Let’s fight.

He could never really lose himself in the role, it was always Ben Affleck playing as Batman. All of Bale, Pattinson and Keaton are better. And West.
Bale was cancer throat non threating Batman

Keaton was only good because of Nostalgia (found his Bruce Wayne to be extremely creepy)

Pattison was decent but hard to judge as his Bruce is not fully formed

West is classic Batman

The best decent Wayne/Batman besides Affleck for me was Kilmer imo criminally underrated

Reading the last few pages of the thread...

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Its being speculated that DC now want a joint universe across all mediums and that all the old projects will be cancelled.

This raises so many questions.

If they arent continuing anything whats happens to Peacemaker season 2?

If they want a joint universe what happens to The Batman and Joker sequels?

Is Cavill back or not?

Im fine with them starting from scratch but you have 3 completed movies so to speak scheduled for release in the next year.

Im sure Gunn and Safran are factoring all this into their plans but its not ideal to have this partial information being reported at this stage from a business perspective and Gunn having to do damage control before the plans are finalised.

Its being speculated that DC now want a joint universe across all mediums and that all the old projects will be cancelled.

Is Cavill back or not?

Im fine with them starting from scratch but you have 3 completed movies so to speak scheduled for release in the next year.

Im sure Gunn and Safran are factoring all this into their plans but its not ideal to have this partial information being reported at this stage from a business perspective and Gunn having to do damage control before the plans are finalised.

Yep not a great look that some information has been leaked to THR, who are usually very reputable.

The Rock/Hiram Garcia seemed to have been very influential behind the scenes in bringing Cavill back into the fold, probably in their own way vying for power in the DC world given the vacuum caused by all of the previous changes. Remains to be seen what, if anything, happens with future Black Adam projects. Just under $400m box office I imagine would be well under expectations.

And then on Cavill, its such a volatile relationship haha. He's on Instagram stating happily that he's back and various other press interviews, only a month or so later this drops and puts a cloud on all of that. Anyway, its too early to tell for sure.

From what I've consistently read, none of this would impact Reeves' Batman corner of the universe. Sequels and the spinoffs are still greenlit similar to Phoenix's Joker. Let's see.

DC would be mad to end two of their more successful films (The Batman and Joker) just because they aren't in the shared universe. Creating a separate Batman was always fraught with danger, they will want one in any shared universe, which means two actors playing the same role. But it's done, best to just deal with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Cavill back or not?

It's been great that Gunn has been active on twitter lately and nipping stuff in the bud, but he shouldn't have bothered saying anything here. Didn't really add anything other than more confusion.

I think Cavill has been one of the best Supermen, so I hope Gunn isn't shooting himself in the foot with this decision. It's pretty low that the studio made Cavill announce his return in October only to have Gunn tell him he's out and was never in consideration. Do we really need another reboot of the Superman story? Why does DC stuff these things up so badly?

So Cavill said fresh new universe, will Gunn cancel Peacemaker? Unless they get it out before the Aquaman 2 is released you cant really say they are starting fresh.

Interesting he says he has been writing the new superman movie for a while, and met with Ben Afleck but only to discuss him directing a future film.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back