Racing DCQ's and SCQ's(s=smart)

Remove this Banner Ad

felt obligated to make another DCQ after the first one was washed out.

This is proper stupidity

Bool
r5) 1, 6
r6) 6, 7, 12
r7) 1, 2, 4
r8) 3, 10, 11

Strategy 1 - the standout quaddie - when you have a borderline moral - why not juice up the dividend via a quaddie - also means you can throw in a few longies in the other legs to jag a decent dividend

Albany
2-5-6
3-7-8
1-7-9

Another strategy I implement on the bigger carnival days is to pick out my quaddie selections - but then rather put it all on for a tiny %, I actually take 4 standout quaddies to cheapen it up. So lets say you are taking 4 in each leg (ABCD) and the A runner is your top pick in each leg. The four tickets are

A
ABCD
ABCD
ABCD

BCD
A
ABCD
ABCD

BCD
BCD
A
ABCD

BCD
BCD
BCD
A

So one of your A's has to win but FFS if you can't pick at least one winner in 4 you don't deserve the quaddie. This cheapens up the cost of the above quaddie from $256 to $175

Strategy 1 - the standout quaddie - when you have a borderline moral - why not juice up the dividend via a quaddie - also means you can throw in a few longies in the other legs to jag a decent dividend

Albany
2-5-6
3-7-8
1-7-9
I'm loathe to take Pike one out in the first leg,but it seems the obvious play.
5 8 10
1 3 7
1 2 5 7 9 10 13

My 2YO strategy
Bring up the legs of the Quad on my phone and the first two horses my 2 year old touches is locked in. Surprisingly no less successful than me doing research and carefully selecting 4 or 5 runners each leg

The Bool
Only one leg salutes. Young fella better lift his game if he ever wants chicken nuggets again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never EVER go one out has always been something I've done and has landed me some healthy profits in the past.

I had a mate who claimed this in the BC and Winx era - he was legit setting % on fire by taking others

You should at least take a smaller quad with the hot pot 1 out to be better EV long term.

I had a mate who claimed this in the BC and Winx era - he was legit setting % on fire by taking others

You should at least take a smaller quad with the hot pot 1 out to be better EV long term.

Perhaps yes that could be something I do. I've always had the mindset though that they're still animals not machines, and that it's wise to have that fallback. The chance of losing a rider, bombing the start, getting absolutely reamed in the run or even buck jumping whilst not huge is still there. I'm sure a few people had Chautauqua as a stand alone in 2018.

Perhaps yes that could be something I do. I've always had the mindset though that they're still animals not machines, and that it's wise to have that fallback. The chance of losing a rider, bombing the start, getting absolutely reamed in the run or even buck jumping whilst not huge is still there. I'm sure a few people had Chautauqua as a stand alone in 2018.

Nothing wrong with 1 out your best bet and keeping the quads skinny.

People try make too much of landing a quaddie rather than landing one that pays good. Way too much % and $$ going through a horse you throw in "just in case"

yes but the point is you should not be equal staking for those outcomes which is what happens if you take multiple runners

Nothing wrong with 1 out your best bet and keeping the quads skinny.

People try make too much of landing a quaddie rather than landing one that pays good. Way too much % and $$ going through a horse you throw in "just in case"

How much is a quaddie really paying anyway if you're putting in a supposed moral which is likely to be <$2. You'd have to have some significant investment to see a decent return.

I personally never would take a Field leg in a quad, or even close to it really.

I dont really understand it when i see people, especially around carnival time, taking these quaddies with so many combos.

e.g 5x4x6x6
720 combos.

Probably also a feature of be not betting big on racing but when I take a quaddie i try to limit myself to approx 100 combos. Often i'll take 2 x 2 x 3 x 4 or 1x3x4x4 etc.

I personally never would take a Field leg in a quad, or even close to it really.

I dont really understand it when i see people, especially around carnival time, taking these quaddies with so many combos.

e.g 5x4x6x6
720 combos.

Yup - this is where you should use the 4 ticket strategy I mentioned above - it reduces the total combos to 420 and if you can't pick at least one winner on top in the 4 races you are basically just throwing darts

How much is a quaddie really paying anyway if you're putting in a supposed moral which is likely to be <$2. You'd have to have some significant investment to see a decent return.

That's offset by the fact you get a much higher % of the lower dividend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back