News De Goey Charged With Indecent Assault

Remove this Banner Ad

The age has an update in the published article , small snippet mentions that JDG, another male with a female left a premise in Kew together back in 2015.

Price of fame hey. Can’t see anywhere where the other accused man is named. No interest in him whatsoever. Even though his offences may be the most severe of the 2 for all we know.

“This could be a scorned woman hell bent on revenge.”

Shocking comment.
I was providing a ‘what if’ example so spare me the virtue signalling.
It was not a statement like all the posters on here declaring De Goey is guilty before due process has even occurred. That’s what’s f##king shocking. If you want to get upset about something, get upset about that.
Obviously you are part of the #metoo movement that automatically declares whatever women say is to be believed without question and the man is automatically guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty

But De Goey has background. On top of what we know there may (or may not) have been an incident with him a couple of years back assaulting a person that the club covered up.

I have been told such but I don’t know for sure, so very careful and reluctant on my wording.

You’re kidding aren’t you? What a crock of sh*t.
Here’s an idea. Why don’t we skip court and just lock him up for 5 years right now to save time.
The fact is, De Goey is no more guilty than completely innocent at this stage.
The allegation (and charge) needs to be proved in a court of law and De Goey should be permitted to enjoy the presumption of innocence like all of us are entitled to.
This has been scrutinised once in 2018 without charges being laid. That in itself is encouraging.
This could be a scorned woman hell bent on revenge. If so, shame on anyone for hanging him early.
if not and it’s proved he did wrong, then go at him then. In the meantime, let the justice system run its course without half of the posters on this thread casting guilty dispersions.

Aspersions not dispersions, old sport.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Innocent until proven guilty

But De Goey has background. On top of what we know there may (or may not) have been an incident with him a couple of years back assaulting a person that the club covered up.

I have been told such but I don’t know for sure, so very careful and reluctant on my wording.
So why bring it up?

Well said, old mate Peter doesn't like to let logic and common sense get in the way of his Collingwood hate
Unfortunately, there is pathetic part of society that jumps on these crusades like the #metoo movement where every man is guilty of whatever he is accused of by a woman.
And if you offer a logical point of difference that isn’t in line with the narrative, you are a misogynist.
I believe in due process. Until something is proved, it is an accusation.

Why not?

Posters who know me on here know I don’t spread nonsense salacious rumours. So I’m confident in what I heard is true... and therefore clearly there is a character issue at play with Jordan.
You have “been told such but don’t know for sure” is what you said.

Not sure that’s worthy of being posted on here. It’s a damaging rumour, and completely irrelevant to what is being alleged here.

I have heard many many unsubstantiated rumours about AFL players. They are just that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So once again we have another star player missing games for non-football related activity.

No problem with our culture though.. apparently. Everything going great !
What do you expect from the club? Have the players not been educated on gambling? Drinking? Fights?

Do you think that say Sidebottom and JDG should be sacked?

What is club culture to you and how can it be improved from what it is now?

You have “been told such but don’t know for sure” is what you said.

Not sure that’s worthy of being posted on here. It’s a damaging rumour, and completely irrelevant to what is being alleged here.

I have heard many many unsubstantiated rumours about AFL players. They are just that.

I have a pretty good list of things at Collingwood that “may or may not” have happened too. Where do I even start

Unfortunately, there is pathetic part of society that jumps on these crusades like the #metoo movement where every man is guilty of whatever he is accused of by a woman.
And if you offer a logical point of difference that isn’t in line with the narrative, you are a misogynist.
It is not a crusade, i know of many organisations that have a zero tolerence policy on sexual assault (as well as domestic abuse, child abuse).

Upon arrest for such misconduct, the employee is suspended. Upon conviction, the employee is terminated.

Edit: If you read my previous post, I didnt say De Goey was guilty.

He has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. However that doesnt mean he should play for the club while serious charges are layed against him. Does the team really need this distraction. Maybe it is best for the team if DeGoey stays away and focus on his legal case.

Last edited:
It is not a crusade, i know of many organisations that have a zero tolerence policy on sexual assault (as well as domestic abuse, child abuse).

Upon arrest for such misconduct, the employee is suspended. Upon conviction, the employee is terminated.

Edit: If you read my previous post, I didnt say De Goey was guilty.

He has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. However that doesnt mean he should play for the club while serious charges are layed against him. Does the team really need this distraction. Maybe it is best for the team if DeGoey stays away and focus on his legal case.
Ok I accept your point. However, in light of the fact Victoria Police and the AFL Integrity Unit already investigated this in 2018 and no charges were laid, I think De Goey is entitled to play until the charge is proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Why not?

Posters who know me on here know I don’t spread nonsense salacious rumours. So I’m confident in what I heard is true... and therefore clearly there is a character issue at play with Jordan.
If the club thought that, or that he couldn’t grow out of it then they would have let him go to North.

Hopefully nobody uses the word "proud" in any context this time around.

Did I hear right that the new evidence this has been based off is a letter Jordy wrote to the person involved? o_O

And the reason he can't play Hawthorn is that he breached COVID protocols by attending a police station.

I made the mistake of saying "What next?" after Sidey and we keep "delivering" stuff you couldn't make up.

Last edited:
Geoffrey Rush agrees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back