News De Goey Charged With Indecent Assault

Remove this Banner Ad

I will ask posters to be respectful and sensible.

Please consider that victims of abuse might be reading your thoughts and judgements. In a similar vein it is wrong to automatically assume guilt. We know very little about this incident.

Your words have power, use them wisely.

I will ask posters to be respectful and sensible.

Please consider that victims of abuse might be reading your thoughts and judgements. In a similar vein it is wrong to automatically assume guilt. We know very little about this incident.

Your words have power, use them wisely.

So better to Close this Thread until we know more then?

my response was to seedsfan. Who’s first comment was “SHES a gold digger”. That’s the mentality that stops people from telling their side of the story.

I understand, but when you said "shes not a gold digger" you were doing the exact same thing he was doing - Making an assumption on the case without any evidence.

So better to Close this Thread until we know more then?

Well close off the post

We should be able to exchange our thoughts about this without casting guilt or intent to deceive. If those parameters limit the convo so much then so be it, the thread will die a quiet death of its own.

Had a few different emotions over this. My current thinking is:

1. He would have known it was coming which probably contributes to his current form.
  2. That whatever it was happened in 2015 is the only thing saving him. No doubt he was a pretty poor citizen at that time. Can't say with any confidence that he has changed, but hopefully maturity has kicked in a bit.
  3. We do seem to have more than our fair share of scandals, but I don't think this one points to a general culture problem. Five years ago we probably did have a fairly significant problem.
  4. I'd like to join others who have expressed distaste for those who would cast the alleged victim as a gold digger or attention seeker. If she wanted either she would have gone to the media and not the police. Assumptions like this are part of a culture that tells Wayne Carey it is okay to grab a boob. It has to stop.
  5. I couldn't let this go by without making another call for Eddie to step aside. I'd love us to be a club that, as big as it is, quietly goes about its business. Hard not to think that the profile sought by him for the club makes those within the club have an inflated sense of importance.
  6. This is more cold than my usual thinking would take me but if he has matured and is just distracted by this then he probably stays with us for indeed. I think he is an incredible player and if he gets through this okay we will have done well.
  7. Our first thoughts should be with the alleged victim. None of us know what happened, but for her to keep going with it even after 5 years must mean it has had a substantial impact on her. I hope she is okay.
You forgot to mention the presumption of innocence till proven guilty. It would be nice if people ceased commenting either way on the case.

You forgot to mention the presumption of innocence till proven guilty. It would be nice if people ceased commenting either way on the case.

Then Close the Thread until the Case is Ended then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also can people stop calling it sexual assault, the charge is indecent assault, two different things...

“Commencement information

The offence of sexual assault in Crimes Act 1958 s40 commenced operation on 1 July 2015. As a new offence, it only applies to conduct committed on or after 1 July.
Prior to 1 July 2015, similar conduct was covered by the offence of indecent assault (see Crimes Act 1958 s39)”

Underwent a name change

Hope they put a clause in his new contract 'any jail time or non play contract voided'

Don't need another Beams situation and have to pay him out
I think you’ll find that the alleged crime if found guilty will not result in a jail term.

Also can people stop calling it sexual assault, the charge is indecent assault, two different things...

Not really:

"Indecent assault is an offence of aggravated assault in some common law-based jurisdictions. It is characterised as a sex crime and has significant overlap with offences referred to as sexual assault."

The Age article is interesting.

Under law, he is innocent till proved otherwise, so making comments without that facts, knowledge of the incident is completely wrong.
We have to let due process take its coarse

You’re kidding aren’t you? What a crock of sh*t.
Here’s an idea. Why don’t we skip court and just lock him up for 5 years right now to save time.
The fact is, De Goey is no more guilty than completely innocent at this stage.
The allegation (and charge) needs to be proved in a court of law and De Goey should be permitted to enjoy the presumption of innocence like all of us are entitled to.
This has been scrutinised once in 2018 without charges being laid. That in itself is encouraging.
This could be a scorned woman hell bent on revenge. If so, shame on anyone for hanging him early.
if not and it’s proved he did wrong, then go at him then. In the meantime, let the justice system run its course without half of the posters on this thread casting guilty dispersions.
“This could be a scorned woman hell bent on revenge.”

Shocking comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back