De Goey going to Germany

catscollector

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Wouldn’t risk him. They showed on Friday night it doesn’t break them to lose a single player like him. Rather have 22 players you’re confident will be their in the last quarter.
I wonder if Wayne Carey and Tim Watson still believe DeGoey is more important to Collingwood than Grundy :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunk Moreland

Hall of Famer
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I wonder if Wayne Carey and Tim Watson still believe DeGoey is more important to Collingwood than Grundy :drunk:
Nowhere near it. Their forward line has a lot of different options and threats. Elliott is playing well and Stephenson is back. They can cover him as they showed on Friday.

Going into a GF off one quarter of footy in 8 weeks and a suspect recurring hammy? Massive risk.

catscollector

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Nowhere near it. Their forward line has a lot of different options and threats. Elliott is playing well and Stephenson is back. They can cover him as they showed on Friday.

Going into a GF off one quarter of footy in 8 weeks and a suspect recurring hammy? Massive risk.
Yeh, history is the best educator and when it comes to this particular sport, the risk very rarely pays off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Linda Lovelace

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
yeh I agree. He's a gamechanger, especially in a GF.
I think Richmond will win the flag regardless, and De Goey is a great player, but this is overly dramatic.

It's not like he is Leigh Matthews or Michael Voss and structurally his loss impacts us less than if he played for pretty much any other side.

Rotayjay

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd be curious to know what a world-leading expert can actually do to make a soft tissue injury heal quicker. Hopefully the flight itself doesn't exacerbate the issues.

De Goey is that good I'd spend a few grand desperately trying to get him up for a final as well.

Greggy

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Richmond
The biggest issue for him is going to be his explosive speed off the mark, if he’s not 100% the intensity of a GF will be too high risk, and would the Pies risk losing a man in the first minute of a GF?

romeohwho

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Good luck to him-hope it works- finals are more to fun to watch with players like him in them. Dr in Germany fixed Max Rooke’s hammy.

Top Bottom