juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
He gets back next Monday? So he won't play the prelim obviously, would be fairly jetlagged returning from EU, the return flight takes a few days to get over, he will train maybe once or twice before the GF and then play. Not the ideal prep, but he's their matchwinner.

I know he can play but far out, that's taking a risk.

woosha24

Premium Platinum
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
He gets back next Monday? So he won't play the prelim obviously, would be fairly jetlagged returning from EU, the return flight takes a few days to get over, he will train maybe once or twice before the GF and then play. Not the ideal prep, but he's their matchwinner.

He's just gotta stand in the goalsquare.

realdka

Draftee
Sep 11, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
You'd think the decision on whether he plays depends on how the prelim setup goes as well. If Elliott and Stevo seem damaging enough alone and De Goey shapes up as a big enough risk, he won't play. If the Pies win despite offensive impotence and De Goey looks like he's fit enough to play out of the goal square, suddenly he becomes a much more attractive proposition.

realdka

Draftee
Sep 11, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Becomes a question of whether 30% (?) of De Goey is worth more than 90% of a Varcoe/Daicos. Yes for me.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
How hilarious is it that news organisations waste time and money by sending a reporter to the airport to ask the player questions after they've landed. What do they honestly think they're going to get out of it?
The best part after asking him a question she got..."I'm looking forward to Octoberfest"

Top Bottom