De Goey going to Germany

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Wouldn’t risk him. They showed on Friday night it doesn’t break them to lose a single player like him. Rather have 22 players you’re confident will be their in the last quarter.

I wonder if Wayne Carey and Tim Watson still believe DeGoey is more important to Collingwood than Grundy :drunk:

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I wonder if Wayne Carey and Tim Watson still believe DeGoey is more important to Collingwood than Grundy :drunk:

Nowhere near it. Their forward line has a lot of different options and threats. Elliott is playing well and Stephenson is back. They can cover him as they showed on Friday.

Going into a GF off one quarter of footy in 8 weeks and a suspect recurring hammy? Massive risk.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Nowhere near it. Their forward line has a lot of different options and threats. Elliott is playing well and Stephenson is back. They can cover him as they showed on Friday.

Going into a GF off one quarter of footy in 8 weeks and a suspect recurring hammy? Massive risk.

Yeh, history is the best educator and when it comes to this particular sport, the risk very rarely pays off.

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Itz da simplz proceeja ya, juzt ah jarb here und ah jarb der und bing-oh, Da-Go-Ee wilz be buck too playingz da footy ball in no time.

Feb 6, 2013
ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
yeh I agree. He's a gamechanger, especially in a GF.

I think Richmond will win the flag regardless, and De Goey is a great player, but this is overly dramatic.

It's not like he is Leigh Matthews or Michael Voss and structurally his loss impacts us less than if he played for pretty much any other side.

Greggy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Richmond
The biggest issue for him is going to be his explosive speed off the mark, if he’s not 100% the intensity of a GF will be too high risk, and would the Pies risk losing a man in the first minute of a GF?

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Good luck to him-hope it works- finals are more to fun to watch with players like him in them. Dr in Germany fixed Max Rooke’s hammy.

Back