Rumour Dea to Western Bulldogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather trade Batchelor. Dea is a better player with a lower trade value.

Batchelor is a proven entity, he has no trade value - anyone who takes him will insist on DFA

Dea at least has potential for a club to take a punt on

Batchelor is a proven entity, he has no trade value - anyone who takes him will insist on DFA

Dea at least has potential for a club to take a punt on
Dea is not even worth a punt. Hope the Dogs get him as he's nothing but another list clogger. If we get something for him then count ourselves lucky.

Dea is not even worth a punt. Hope the Dogs get him as he's nothing but another list clogger. If we get something for him then count ourselves lucky.
I reckon he could easily be a regular AFL player.
He lacks mongrel at the moment.

Considering he's about to be delisted we would take anything..
He's not AFL standard. He's done ok a few games but not consistent and not at the level to attract strong interest. There are better options for us

I've heard of 1 trick ponies but Dea has to be a 0 trick pony....
Dud delist

He's a decent tough player and I thought his decision making at VFLlevel improved significantly this year.
He'd be a late pick trade though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God it makes me sick how some people can say that batch is worth nothing but Dea is?
Why does Dea have all this potential all of a sudden? Cause he plays in the twos week in week out, but because we see Batch play nearly every week in the ones he has no potential?
Dea has no game awareness what so ever. Could honestly go on for hours talking about Dea. This whole Dea replacing newman s**t is such crap

Solid medium defender with great leadership qualities and athleticism. His biggest struggle has been converting his elite VFL standard into AFL quality (confidence issue?) He goes as hard as anyone and is generally tidy with ball use. He just needs to find more of it and be more attacking with his play. I think the trade could look something like a straight swap for your 45 which you probably wont use or we might throw in pick 52 as well.
I personally wouldnt do that deal MR
our 3rd for doggies 25/26 would be more what i would be wanting if not keep for another year and see what Dea can do

I personally wouldnt do that deal MR
our 3rd for doggies 25/26 would be more what i would be wanting if not keep for another year and see what Dea can do
reckon dea has a bit of the pendelburys about him, problem is he's shorter he's slower and only 20% as good or as fit or as smart as pendles, still makes him a handy 22-26 player on mostlists with slight improvement to come, but as someone pointed out, he aint ever going to set the world on fire.

reckon dea has a bit of the pendelburys about him, problem is he's shorter he's slower and only 20% as good or as fit or as smart as pendles, still makes him a handy 22-26 player on mostlists with slight improvement to come, but as someone pointed out, he aint ever going to set the world on fire.

Surely this is a joke?

If we get some super late pick i'll throw bricks.

To boost his trade value i'd just like to say that Dea is a defensive player first and offensive second, is a magnificent athlete and has a solid build with a basketball background so certainly has potential. Is probably a good VFL player but just can't convert his VFL form to AFL form. At any club he'll be able to play his role across half back. Is courageous and has known leadership qualities. As a defender is very good, as an offensive weapon not so much, but with the right development could become a player. With his qualities could even become a midfielder if a coach takes the plunge.
Worth nothing above a 3rd round pick though.

Considering he's about to be delisted we would take anything..
He's not AFL standard. He's done ok a few games but not consistent and not at the level to attract strong interest. There are better options for us

He's about to be delisted? Got a link confirming that?

Ah, you can have him. He hasn't shown any world-beating skills, he's a bit slow - if the Bulldogs coach (whoops:D) likes him - and some coaches like some players for some reason, well, we can replace him pretty easily.

He's not in our long-term plans - just hasn't worked out. A few Tiger fans like him, but overall......................................

I think he is a good honest battler . Cheney is similar at Hawthorn and played a significant role when they had others out . Better than a first year rookie for depth yet has little scope . Thanks to a bit developing of players in various roles we have a few options and he is the type when can now weed out in preference to players with scope of improvement .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back