Rumour Dea to Western Bulldogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
both Morris and Dea are hard at it and courageous but its not the 70"s neither can kick, neither offer any rebound and both have poor decision making....
neither should be playing AFL IMO
Dea's ball use is 100x better than Morris. And Dea can actually find the ball. Dea should be in the team over Morris, but it'll never happen, Morris for some reason is the golden child at the moment,

If you watch Morris' interview from the B+F (on the website now) you'll get a better sense of his expectations for when he's injury-free.

Gun defender.

By far our most underrated player at this point in time.

shut-it-down-il5dna.jpg

I have asked myself that when watching him turn the ball over and over this season. Really I have no idea. Probably need someone who has played a contact sport or have run full tilt with a busted shoulder to tell us while doing so is there a great deal of pain/discomfort and if there is, would that effect decision making/skills.

Now I am happy to admit to being a soft utensil :p But when i broke my hand, i did not realise at the time and ran 3k PT test when i was in the army, the pain was awful.

It does. It throws off your kicking style and limits your mobility. Injuring any part which is used in the kicking motion effects the kicking motion. It would also effect other actions too, like spoiling, marking, running, handballing, tackling etc. which all use the shoulder to help generate movement. I can't imagine handballing being a precise or pleasant exercise with a busted shoulder.

Just get us more assistant coaches. RFC Offical can you let us members know why we have yet still not replaced Wayne and leppa with EXPERIENCED coaches? Or do we feel we are 100% cherry ripe in the coaching strategy front ?
More assistant coaches? We already have the most coaches in the league. Campbell wasn't a coach at the end of his time here, so he didn't need replacing.

We added 1 coach in total (Bailey/McQualter, 1 to replace Leppitsch) and added Rutten to replace Daly this year.

Just get us more assistant coaches. RFC Offical can you let us members know why we have yet still not replaced Wayne and leppa with EXPERIENCED coaches? Or do we feel we are 100% cherry ripe in the coaching strategy front ?
They have bought in a lot of new development coaches

Dea and McDonough - surely that puts to bed any rumours of them leaving this trade period?

More assistant coaches? We already have the most coaches in the league. Campbell wasn't a coach at the end of his time here, so he didn't need replacing.

We added 1 coach in total (Bailey/McQualter, 1 to replace Leppitsch) and added Rutten to replace Daly this year.

Sorry i must have not been clear. I said Experienced Assistant coaches not development coaches. McQualter is in development and so is Bailey but leppa was an assistant coach. Truck though a great appointment is no way close to a replacement in experience for Daly. Now i am not having a go but am concerned that we seem to be loading up on development coaches ( which is great ) but we have not replaced assistant coaches when they leave for assistant coaching roles.

Or maybe we use development coaches as assistants ?

The two worst injuries that are often overlooked in terms off kicking are shoulder and knee.
Groins and so forth are obvious but having a knee that has say tendinitis or a stuffed shoulder really does effect kicking quite significantly.

Sorry i must have not been clear. I said Experienced Assistant coaches not development coaches. McQualter is in development and so is Bailey but leppa was an assistant coach. Truck though a great appointment is no way close to a replacement in experience for Daly. Now i am not having a go but am concerned that we seem to be loading up on development coaches ( which is great ) but we have not replaced assistant coaches when they leave for assistant coaching roles.

I can't tell you why we went down that path as I don't know. Bailey/McQualter only attended AFL games last year that didnt clash with VFL, they were assistants at VFL level and helped out on the bench at times for AFL games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't tell you why we went down that path as I don't know. Bailey/McQualter only attended AFL games last year that didnt clash with VFL, they were assistants at VFL level and helped out on the bench at times for AFL games.
Are all of our coaching positions full for 2015? Or will there be more appoitments?

Are all of our coaching positions full for 2015? Or will there be more appoitments?
Are you thinking what I'm thinking????
We have some pretty good coaches on here....

The two worst injuries that are often overlooked in terms off kicking are shoulder and knee.
Groins and so forth are obvious but having a knee that has say tendinitis or a stuffed shoulder really does effect kicking quite significantly.

This. I know we don't actually kick with our shoulders in a literal fashion but that doesn't mean we don't use our shoulders when kicking. No offence tigger fans I can't believe there are actually some fans on this forum wondering if a busted shoulder will hurt your kicking. Of course it bloody well will! We use pretty much our entire body from the neck down (and even the neck often moves in kicking) in kicking, we swing most of the body to get accuracy, momentum and speed behind the ball in kicking.

I think you're overstating the need for assistant coaches to be experienced. Personally think it is much more important that they have fresh ideas and good knowledge about the game which it doesn't matter how much experience you have if you don't have that you won't be a good coach. However in saying that both Lade and not Chocco Williams should have already been moved on for they aren't that good and we need new ideas in their positions in order to advance parts of our game plan. Voss would have been nice although if you're an assistant coach aiming to become the main coach then port adelaide is the place you want to be right now as you're bound to be overrated like their list is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back