Conspiracy Theory Dead Internet Theory

Remove this Banner Ad

oh and can only pay for deals through the app, so add your c/c details 😔
Understandable if you're using e-shopping sites like Amazon, Ebay, Paypal, etc, or ordering food online and choosing to pay by c/c. Certain sites like say Dominos I will input such info. Or something like having a Sportsbet acct. But when EVERYTHING and every app requires c/c and all your real info, that's ****ed. Why do people even bother with apps anyway? You can just use your phone browser and navigate to sites (even tho they're starting to redirect you to installing and opening the app when it recognizes you're on a phone). Been a lot of apps like Uber and car rental places etc where people have had their info hacked, their cards used and the app company unwilling to do anything about it.

Same with Apple Pay or the like. I don’t want it…stop asking me to set it up!
Why I'm gonna look into GrapheneOS soon as I am able to. Tho that's gonna mean unable to use phone banking apps and similar things. A lot of apps now require Google verification (or Apple). These super-privacy OS's forbid all kinds of personal info from being accessed by apps....wi-fi, location, etc. So it'll render a lot of apps unusable and you have to use open-source alternative apps. Tho Graphene apparently is now utilizing a dummy Google process so you can have certain Google apps and can control what kind of info any app can have access to. But always phone banking and sports betting apps will still not work. Can live without it I guess. Re-acclimate oneself.

Couple of articles on the demise of Social media. All part of the dead internet. Are Social media sites entering a new incarnation or dying a slow death?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back