The Swansong - Departed Musicians

Remove this Banner Ad

So many fantastic muso's left us this year... and there are still so many trash muso's that just keep going!
That's the trouble, the crap that is still around gets even more air time.

Cw8kKDbUoAAYaOY.jpg

Wow, only 3 weeks ago I walked the streets of Hydra hoping that I could find his house there, then read not long after that he was ready to die.

I loved this guys music with a passion reserved for few, if any, others. He surely left one of the greatest catalogues in the history of contempory music.

If there is a heaven he is surely singing "Suzanne" as I type with a tear in my eye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year has been a bad year for dead musos.

To add to the list I accidentally stumbled across the death of Greg Lake on December 7. Just 9 months after his band mate Keith Emerson died. When it came to Prog Rock King Crimson and Emerson, Lake and Palmer are way out in front. The link between the two is Greg Lake. Many hours of my youth were spent denying the existence of the outside world mesmerised by the wonderful music and occasional lyrics of these lads. Great artwork and design just added to the experience. My favourite album is the self titled first album by ELP. One of my favourite albums of all time it gave us Take a Pebble, Knife Edge, Tank and Lucky Man. I read today that Lake wrote Lucky Man when he was 12 years old. The synth finish to Lucky Man has to be played at maximum volume. RIP Greg and Keith.

What are you serious, Rick from Status Quo, gone as well.

My sister and I went and saw Sharon Jones last year and she was brilliant and I thought she had won her battle with cancer. When I heard the news whilst driving I was so upset that I had turn around and go home. Thankfully I listen to a great radio station you play Sharon's music a lot.

Man I don't have a lot of muso who I like to dance too, but George Michael was one of them. Not the news I want to hear on Boxing Day. RIP.

What are you serious, Rick from Status Quo, gone as well.

My sister and I went and saw Sharon Jones last year and she was brilliant and I thought she had won her battle with cancer. When I heard the news whilst driving I was so upset that I had turn around and go home. Thankfully I listen to a great radio station you play Sharon's music a lot.

Man I don't have a lot of muso who I like to dance too, but George Michael was one of them. Not the news I want to hear on Boxing Day. RIP.

I saw Sharon as well a few years ago, she was fantastic

Peter Sarstedt, a one hit wonder from the sixties, has passed away at 75. His song 'Where do you go to my lovely' was a classic when first released and has stood the test of time. It's one of those great story telling songs that flourished once the two minute pop song barrier was broken by those lads from Liverpool. His second minor hit 'Frozen Orange Juice' was a little strange. Perhaps indicative of choof, choof.

Not sure where else to put this. There are back to back Bowie specials on ABC2 tonight starting at 8.30pm for all you fans out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back