The Swansong - Departed Musicians

Remove this Banner Ad

Allen Toussaint is dead. Robbo is sad. A New Orleans musician, performer, producer and songwriter. I have a couple of his albums which I listen to when I want to get lost in the joy of music. His collaboration with Elvis Costello 'River in Reverse' is a favourite of mine. The Who and the Rolling Stones both recorded 'Fortune Teller'. The revamped version of 'Live at Leeds' included The Who's version. One day Allen I'll visit the town which inspired your music. Maybe I'll catch up with Dr John. RIP brother and I hope the funeral procession gets people tapping to the beat of the sweet dirges of the city of New Orleans.
Great songwriter and musician.

I've finally found one of my Apple products with Bowie music.

I'm listening to Scary Monsters. For me this recording was like a comeback album after several patchy efforts. It's certainly one of his best recordings.

Added comment.
I listened to Low, Lodger, Heroes and Young Americans as well. Some great songs. I loved listening to my two heroes on 'Across the Universe' sing the chorus with so much energy. 1975. I was young and I still had dreams.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've finally found one of my Apple products with Bowie music.

I'm listening to Scary Monsters. For me this recording was like a comeback album after several patchy efforts. It's certainly one of his best recordings.

Added comment.
I listened to Low, Lodger, Heroes and Young Americans as well. Some great songs. I loved listening to my two heroes on 'Across the Universe' sing the chorus with so much energy. 1975. I was young and I still had dreams.
Bloody love Heroes. HBF wouldn't let me have it as our farewell song at our wedding :mad: so we went with a Queen song instead.
I have only listened to Bowie since I heard the news. I'm not sick of ANY of the songs despite being on constant rotation.

Bloody love Heroes. HBF wouldn't let me have it as our farewell song at our wedding :mad: so we went with a Queen song instead.
I have only listened to Bowie since I heard the news. I'm not sick of ANY of the songs despite being on constant rotation.

Only listened do him as well...

So sad still...

The start thrilled me, David yelling his guts out, Robert Fripp at Warp Factor 8, and the Japanese stuff......

.......there's no bass.

I hope it wasn't 'another one bites the dust'.;)

I've been distracted for a number of years working my way through 1001 albums to listen to before you die. Bowie is mentioned plenty of times so I've been knocked out by listening to all these other great albums. Stig O'Hara has convinced me I need to listen to Bowie's newer discography.

I've been distracted for a number of years working my way through 1001 albums to listen to before you die. Bowie is mentioned plenty of times so I've been knocked out by listening to all these other great albums. Stig O'Hara has convinced me I need to listen to Bowie's newer discography.

It's very hard.................he's MY Bowie, and i get very protective.......and that's who he is to me. Headphones on the Bean-Bag stuff.

Kind of shut off, waiting for the inevitable Dancing in the Streets, Heroes stuff.

Which is maybe selfish, which I've been......................this guy is incomparable, I'm not crying, there's such a body of work, music/acting/influence......................want people to throw things out there................

The man can't be sorted in a 3 minute obituary on the Commercial Television stations.

It's very hard.................he's MY Bowie, and i get very protective.......and that's who he is to me. Headphones on the Bean-Bag stuff.

Kind of shut off, waiting for the inevitable Dancing in the Streets, Heroes stuff.

Which is maybe selfish, which I've been......................this guy is incomparable, I'm not crying, there's such a body of work, music/acting/influence......................want people to throw things out there................

The man can't be sorted in a 3 minute obituary on the Commercial Television stations.
iview has a number of Bowie docs and snippets on its site for viewing.

Bowie's cameo in Extras is proof that he could have had a healthy career as a comic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back