Opinion Dead rivalry

Remove this Banner Ad

Dead and buried imo.
It will take a lot to resurrect any rivalry at all i would not miss these games for quids but sooner go out Saturday. Ill report back in to contribute to the sack hinkley thread Sat night as im sure the crows are a better club than this tortured demoralized outfit we call the PAFC

I hate Port more than I hate the Crows these days.

The Data Warehouse™ tells us we’ll be really good in 2 years when Boak, Gray, Ebert, Jonas, Westhoff, Ryder, Rockliff, Dixon, Hartlett and Motlop are all 30+ or retired.

Just gotta have faith, mate.

yep. its dead. we're embarrassing ourselves. we're the freo to their west coast at this point.
What do you mean at this point? You've always been the Freo to our West Coast.
Anyway I'm looking forward to this game, don't care who wins, as long as players on both sides have fun and no injuries.
Cheerio!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The s**t timeslot this week really doesn't help as well. Just looking back, since 2007, there has only been 6 Saturday night games the rest have been twilight/afternoon matches. It's never been a Friday night clash.

Kochie hugging Chapman was the beginning of the dead feeling...oh and us being s**t

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
All respect to Walsh but hugging the top man of the club who poached Phil Walsh from under our noses after one year in order to undermine our club. Way to go Kochie.

All respect to Walsh but hugging the top man of the club who poached Phil Walsh from under our noses after one year in order to undermine our club. Way to go Kochie.
Ffs it wasn't to undermine our club, that's rubbish.. It was to get the best coach available for them..
Every club does exactly the same thing.

Agree with others - since 2004, these clubs have now had a combined 30 years of mediocrity and failure.

Adelaide's capitulation in 2017 is probably right up there among the most pathetic efforts by a heavily favoured club in a grand final that I can remember, and they rapidly became a joke immediately after. Port Adelaide having a top 4 list at numerous times over the past 5 years and failing to even win a final makes us the biggest underachievers in the league not named St Kilda in recent memory, and don't even get me started on 2007.

We can all celebrate being slightly better or slightly worse than the other mediocre club in South Australia, but the reality is that all that matters in premierships, and neither club looks to be in that conversation this year or next (at least without solid trading).

Because for most of the decade the rivalry’s been less about the footy and more about tarps, 119 and painting all Port fans as racist, booing, violent, subhuman scum.

It’s repetitive and boring.

I agree completed, lack of FTA buries the hype too

That's the template of modern footy.. It's so strange.. Best kicks in the backline.. Can think of a few around the league that can goal from anywhere but get stuck of the hbf. Smith Rich Houston Hartlett, just to name a few, theyre deadly in front of goal... Let's waste them down back... Meanwhile let's piss away wins by kicking 10-16 12-15
Yes there was a time the worst gets went back. A true 180

Agree with others - since 2004, these clubs have now had a combined 30 years of mediocrity and failure.

Adelaide's capitulation in 2017 is probably right up there among the most pathetic efforts by a heavily favoured club in a grand final that I can remember, and they rapidly became a joke immediately after. Port Adelaide having a top 4 list at numerous times over the past 5 years and failing to even win a final makes us the biggest underachievers in the league not named St Kilda in recent memory, and don't even get me started on 2007.

We can all celebrate being slightly better or slightly worse than the other mediocre club in South Australia, but the reality is that all that matters in premierships, and neither club looks to be in that conversation this year or next (at least without solid trading).

Their average has been better than ours, but average all these same. Imagine how much worse our sh!t show would be if they were winning stuff?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back