Game Day Dead Rubber: Port V Us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't let both Langdon and Hill leave. If Langdon is set on going, hold Hill to his contract. All this s**t about being a ruthless club and we're about to lose one of our best players because his girlfriend prefers the coffee in Melbourne.
Don't cheapen where people find meaning in their lives with such a cheap comment. Being around family is first and foremost for some people. These blokes are literally kicking a piece of leather around on a patch of grass. Life comes first.

On T10(E3C6) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Huge Dix has been good from his limited touches. Would like to see what he can do next year after a big pre season.

Other than that not a lot to like. Fyfe looks disappointed and disillusioned by our footy club. Hope he gets a good break over the off season as he needs it.
Fyfe was a Lyon fan.

I guess this is the difference between performances from players who are on board with changing coach (i.e. Norf) and players that aren't even consulted about the change. Especially Fyfe, being Captain of the club and not having his say.

Don't cheapen where people find meaning in their lives with such a cheap comment. Being around family is first and foremost for some people. These blokes are literally kicking a piece of leather around on a patch of grass. Life comes first.

On T10(E3C6) using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree. The vitriol towards Hills missus is disgusting.

Just because you can read a headline doesn’t make it true. There is a difference between “coaching” skills like teaching kicking mechanics and practicing kicks. I think it would be a reasonable expectation for an afl coach that players being drafted don’t need assistance with kicking mechanics.

Eagles and hawthorn wouldn’t draft players like north, Shultz, Switta, Banfield, who can’t kick. The problem is with recruiting and list management. You shouldn’t be recruiting players who can’t kick, unless they are cat b rookies.

Can you name any players from the eagles that started as really bad kicks and are now really good?

Seriously? Not a headline. It's a statement he's made on a number of occasions.

Either way, you carrying on like won't change anything. We had an underperforming coach and he's been sacked.

You're just not going to get him unsacked....thankfully

I think McCarthy not being a full forward and not knowing how to play that role has some sort of factor in that.
Yep. We want him to get his mojo back, we've gotta keep him on the half forward line for the year (hopefully we'll have our other forwards back to help)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe was a Lyon fan.

I guess this is the difference between performances from players who are on board with changing coach (i.e. Norf) and players that aren't even consulted about the change. Especially Fyfe, being Captain of the club and not having his say.
Fyfe looking like he’s about to have a big last quarter. How does that mesh with what you’re saying?

Why don't freo players ever have the awareness to get to the opposition player that is going to be the out for the player under pressure. Always seem to have 3 or 4 players chasing the guy with the ball.

I think McCarthy not being a full forward and not knowing how to play that role has some sort of factor in that.

Right, yet we many were screaming for him to come in when we were short of tall ffwd types. We don't have a lot of choice, so fair enough, but he's a dead set limited player. He's one trick pony, very good at it, but that's it. He's a medium fwd with a shallow game, simple as that.

Needs a big pre-season, work hard, get his mo-jo back and round out his game while he's at it.

I pray our new coach stops these long bombs forward. A tall hasn't taken a mark inside 50 all game yet we keep blasting it in.

There may be a lot of supporters disappointed next season when the realization sets in that our lack of skills wasnt 100% coach related......
You’re right mate but maybe the ones whose skills don’t improve may stop getting games. Mind you that may take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back