Competitions "Dead Set Legend" of the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to Dr today due to my ongoing health concerns, when left a guy a bit older than me was struggling to get his Dad out of car and into wheelchair.

I came over to help, and said no but I insisted - the older man (90ish) was so thankful and shook hands, with the guy my age who actually gave me a small cuddle.

Totally made my day and I'm going to try and do more of it.

I'm no legend so I'm not saying that at all in that regard. If anyone is a legend it was the older man being so courteous and grateful.

But it's easy to get consumed in yourself and this to me was a very bright moment.

PETALING JAYA — Non-profit organisation House of Hope in Penang serves the underprivileged by providing food, funds and community support.

And education for the poor is something that the non-profit organisation strives to offer to poor children and those from broken families through donations by the public.

On Tuesday (Sept 8), House of Hope received a surprise visit from one of its beneficiaries who was given RM1,400 (S$460) about seven years ago to pay for his daughter’s education.

House of Hope’s founder Khoo Cheng See told Malay Mail that the man dropped by that day to return the exact amount which was RM1,400 given years ago.

“Initially I didn’t remember him, but when he mentioned his wife’s name, it rang a bell as the wife was also a beneficiary from our organisation and I remembered her.

“He then told us about the kind deed that we offered to him seven years ago where we donated RM1,400 for his daughter’s education and wanted to repay us back for what we have done.

“The money donated to him was in such a timely manner as he was able to pay for his daughter’s education at that time.”

Ms Khoo added that the man also told her that his daughter who had benefited from that sum of money is now a medical doctor in Kedah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back