Review Deadline Day General Discussion - No trades will be lodged before 3pm

Remove this Banner Ad

has that one even been re-recorded in the last 20 years? talk about holding up well, most jingles sound like cheesy rubbish a year later.
It used to say: “when your old heater’s had the gong”, but it doesn’t anymore. Probably because some marketing firm decided that millenials and younger have no idea about The Gong Show/Red Faces/New Faces.

I miss it.

Just had a laugh listening to trade radio. Apparently Matty Rendell thinks Selwood is at the peak of his powers...Sure he is Matty

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Man that guy is thick. It's been 2 years since Sel was at the 'peak of his powers.' Probably will play only half a season next year, given his knee is finally catching up with him after all these years

I liked that guy who just rang up and said with such confidence that Mitch McGovern is going to win the Coleman next year.

"How can this Dunkley deal get done without Essendon giving too much up" onya Jules
Essendon trade radio well and truly underway.

Already talking down dunkley being worth 2 firsts. First and second is fair value apparently.

Goddard seemed to think Essendon was discussing splitting 8 with the pies for 16 and a future 2nd. Don't see how that makes sense unless the pies send someone else on top. Also doesn't make sense that the pies would trade 16 and their future 1st for 8 either like Jon Ralph said as they would be getting fleeced in that deal

For the last week they've been saying it should just be one first..
Yep, I've heard it all week. Just letting everyone know they've reiterated their point first thing on deadline day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon trade radio well and truly underway.

Already talking down dunkley being worth 2 firsts. First and second is fair value apparently.

Goddard seemed to think Essendon was discussing splitting 8 with the pies for 16 and a future 2nd. Don't see how that makes sense unless the pies send someone else on top. Also doesn't make sense that the pies would trade 16 and their future 1st for 8 either like Jon Ralph said as they would be getting fleeced in that deal
General rule of thumb for a gun contracted mid is 2x 1sts with a 2nd back, which nets out at a 1st & 2nd.
Can see Pies 1st + our future 2nd getting it over the line, then Dogs can trade their future 2nd for Treloar and have a better 2nd in hand next year (we'll be bottom 5 next year).

General rule of thumb for a gun contracted mid is 2x 1sts with a 2nd back, which nets out at a 1st & 2nd.
Can see Pies 1st + our future 2nd getting it over the line, then Dogs can trade their future 2nd for Treloar and have a better 2nd in hand next year (we'll be bottom 5 next year).
Pick 16 and a future 2nd? Are you serious?

Well they've added a second now so I'd call that progress.
What would you consider to be fair?
future 1st i should say sorry.
Personally, I think that's too much but I agree that it will cost that to get him.

Essendon should hold on to their future first and offer someone else's with one first rounder from this year as a final. Dogs likely keep him and that's ok

What would you consider to be fair?

Personally, I think that's too much but I agree that it will cost that to get him.

Essendon should hold on to their future first and offer someone else's with one first rounder from this year as a final. Dogs likely keep him and that's ok
Pies future 1st & our future 2nd for Dunkley is my gut feel.
We secure Pies future 1st with one of our top 10s with some other stuff evening up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back