2. Hayden
3. The Donald
4. Smith
5. G Chappell
6. Border
7. Gilchrist

Without a lot of thought:
W Ponsford
V Trumper (or Morris, but then Trumper has to bat 5 or 6)
D Bradman
G Chappell
N Harvey
R Ponting
(#5 and 6 wide open really : McCabe, Border among other contenders)

And, yes, I'm aware of Trumper's average. Scores were much lower back then generally, averaging 40 was arguably something near to 55 equivalence now.

W Ponsford
D Bradman
G Chappell
N Harvey
R Ponting

And, yes, I'm aware of Trumper's average. Scores were much lower back then generally, averaging 40 was arguably something near to 55 equivalence now.

The only reason I didn't include Trumper was because of his average, which I knew people on here would accuse me of trolling for putting in a guy with a test average of 39.

W Ponsford
D Bradman
G Chappell
N Harvey
R Ponting

In his tribute to Keith Miller in the 2005 Wisden, Benaud wrote, "Keith Miller's statistics...are maybe those of a very good cricketer, but not a great one. Those who look at them, examine them and then give something of a wave of hand, miss the point in the same way people now dismiss Victor Trumper. Trumper's batting average is ordinary compared to those who spent vastly more time at the crease, but much less time enthralling, entertaining, bemusing, and imprinting themselves on the minds of cricket followers."

You are obviously trolling me.......
Flattered.

Show me where you came up with that nickname, reckon you've never even heard of Stacky......
Never seen your avatar...so trolling...really. Never heard of Stacky...really. If you are not referring to Keith Stackpole WTF are you referring to.

Never seen your avatar...so trolling...really. Never heard of Stacky...really. If you are not referring to Keith Stackpole WTF are you referring to.
Quote,
"Keith Stackshit I presume...one of his nicknames in the World of Cricket".

Thats your quote, replying to me, can't be much clearer than that......

Would be happy if he never wore the baggy green again.

Absolute scumbag.

If it plays out like I think it might, you maybe close to right.

This is for I’m assuming being the main instigator of this plus everything which has gone before.

He may not be officially banned for his whole career he just mysteriously may not get picked after he serves his ban

The only reason why I haven't asked for him to be banned for a Test match is because nobody knows exactly what his role in this mess actually is.

Even if he was just an accomplice and not one of the planners, this alongside the QdK incident (when he almost got himself suspended) would have to see him lose the vice-captaincy IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason why I haven't asked for him to be banned for a Test match is because nobody knows exactly what his role in this mess actually is.

Even if he was just an accomplice and not one of the planners, this alongside the QdK incident (when he almost got himself suspended) would have to see him lose the vice-captaincy IMO.

Connect the dots with the bandages, what he apparently told the English and how he’s been behaving over there, I’d be more willing to bet on Bucks leading the pies to a flag than Davey not being involved.

Connect the dots with the bandages, what he apparently told the English and how he’s been behaving over there, I’d be more willing to bet on Bucks leading the pies to a flag than Davey not being involved.

Oh I don't doubt he's involved. The only question is his exact role in the whole affair.

Really? I thought Davey was too dumb to come up with anything like this
Warner is not a book smart guy but he's a bit of street smart brawler type of guy. And a little bit like Shane Warne, cricket is all that he has really known.

So it wouldn't surprise me if he came up with a few ideas that stretched the limits of fair play.
They will go hard on both, I expect Warner to be banned as long as Smith, if not longer.
I think so too as Warner has plenty of priors. Still does depends on who is deemed as the main architect(s) of this scheme.

Was it tacit approval from Smith? wink wink, nudge nudge, I know what you're doing but just don't tell me.
Did Warner (and most likely Lehman) say were going to do this and Smith let them go ahead with an air or resignation cause he hasn't got the leadership to stand up to them?
Or was Smith actively a part of the plan?

That will determine CA course of action on Smith.

Warner is not a book smart guy but he's a bit of street smart brawler type of guy. And a little bit like Shane Warne, cricket is all that he has really known.

So it wouldn't surprise me if he came up with a few ideas that stretched the limits of fair play.

I think so too as Warner has plenty of priors. Still does depends on who is deemed as the main architect(s) of this scheme.

Was it tacit approval from Smith? wink wink, nudge nudge, I know what you're doing but just don't tell me.
Did Warner (and most likely Lehman) say were going to do this and Smith let them go ahead with an air or resignation cause he hasn't got the leadership to stand up to them?
Or was Smith actively a part of the plan?

That will determine CA course of action on Smith.

I think he first 2 are more likely. Regardless Warner should of been at the press conference too then.

Reckon Warner and Boof have used Smith for their own means, easier to manipulate than Clarkey was.

I think they saw clarkey as someone who wouldn’t let them have their fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back