Roast Deadsh*t Derm's pathetic free kick watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's your problem - by singling out Lindsay Thomas for a tactic that you KNOW is widespread, and that statistically, Lindsay Thomas is a LONG way from the worst, you and your Swans co-horts have given up your moral high ground on the racism issue. Clearly, you single out Lindsay Thomas rather than a white boy like Joel Selwood. Shame on you that you would choose to do it in the indigenous round.

Nope.... Wrong.

When we played Brisbane..... I cried foul at some of their players antics....... When we play Geelong...... I will do the same........

Some of you guys think that because Lindsay has been singled out that some how he is innocent..... He is not he is guilty.... Just like Selwood.... Etc etc all are.

Nope.... Wrong.

When we played Brisbane..... I cried foul at some of their players antics....... When we play Geelong...... I will do the same........

Some of you guys think that because Lindsay has been singled out that some how he is innocent..... He is not he is guilty.... Just like Selwood.... Etc etc all are.

So you cried foul when your player did it in the first quarter? Nope, didn't think so.

Nope.... Wrong.

Are you actually trying to tell me that you know what I think?

I doubt this very much.

The fact that he can and does do it is not the issue at hand here. The issue is that again Lindsay has been strung up in the media negatively for doing what others do.

You ever see Dermott go off in such a way about Puopolo?

Nope.... Wrong.

Your mistake is that you are blaming players who are playing within the rules. As long as it is legal under the rules, you can't blame players (including your own like Hewett) for doing it. It can hardly be an "antic" when it is legal. He is obviously "innocent" because it is legal.

Like us, like what Brereton should do, rather than address your at the players you should vent your spleen at the AFL to change the rule.

Nope.... Wrong.

Sounds racist to me.

Deleted post

Hawthorn fans would be leading the charge, and while some of us might take glee that it wasn't Lindsay being the posterboy for once (and that someone DID vocally call out another player), a lot of us would still be arguing that the debate should be framed around the tactic not the players BECAUSE we've seen so many issues already framed wrongly in the past.

You really don't seem to grasp our argument. The vitriol shouldn't be aimed at LT OR any other player, it should be aimed at the AFL for allowing the tactic to become so widespread that we're seeing new players to the game rack up a half dozen free kicks for using the tactic in their FIRST game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleted post

You ******* deadshit!!! That's the whole point!!! Even though there are dozens of players that do it more frequently than Lindsay, he has been made the poster boy of it. Been labeled a cheat, a dog and a disgrace! I'm really not sure how anyone doesn't get this!

You ******* deadshit!!! That's the whole point!!! Even though there are dozens of players that do it more frequently than Lindsay, he has been made the poster boy of it. Been labeled a cheat, a dog and a disgrace! I'm really not sure how anyone doesn't get this!

and Un-Australian as well,

Grant Thomas tweeted on Sunday: "Umpires task doesn't need to be made difficult because players are trying to 'con' them. On any level it's really cheating. Un-Australian.

but then Grant is just a shade less racist then dimwit dermot.

Nope.... Wrong.

Nope, our dear friend slapnuts is still not getting the point...

yTUws7uEu63sJscsXYB9J6vfJXywxOINOaZfL3xCii-N5exwWdAJWZTWU2EQVwVXFbs5NYbkOazPftuBQuO4IK4g779C2bRR8rVab5-MDeJWVYpFja9FQno5sf-NLYj6ij4OW7TNY2o=w375-h245-nc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and Un-Australian as well,

Grant Thomas tweeted on Sunday: "Umpires task doesn't need to be made difficult because players are trying to 'con' them. On any level it's really cheating. Un-Australian.

but then Grant is just a shade less racist then dimwit dermot.
I know Grant, really well... Was really disappointed with his tweeting over the weekend. Have stuck up for him in the past, and actually quite enjoy his company. He could not be more wrong on this topic, and I'll be bringing it up with him.

Nope.... Wrong.

No,. we are just saying he is not on his Pat Malone.

I know Grant, really well... Was really disappointed with his tweeting over the weekend. Have stuck up for him in the past, and actually quite enjoy his company. He could not be more wrong on this topic, and I'll be bringing it up with him.

Don't go to hard, he'll sook and you'll get blocked.

Once I saw Dermott Brereton driving his car really fast in Upper Ferntree Gully. He was road raging a learner driver.

Was he in normal clothing or dressed in drag ??

The North 90's Mafia I suspect, dislike Dermie from his year at the Filth in 1995.

There was a game early in that season where Dermie had Mick in a headlock, and Mick's head went purple than o Arthur Cloke 's nose...then later in the year, nekminit, this happens. I lifted this from the Filth's website that memorialises Dermie's year in black and white...

After missing three games with the hamstring injury, he would play five straight games – from Round 10 versus Fitzroy until Round 14 against North Melbourne – before his final visit to the AFL tribunal.

He had clashed with North Melbourne’s Ross Smith, with the Herald Sun’s Mike Sheahan saying that Brereton had been “indiscrete…what possessed him to clench his fist and swing his arm back in the direction of an opponent.”

Brereton pleaded with the tribunal members: “Every game I play is golden to me. If you, being football men, could find a bit of compassion and understanding about where I’m coming from, and if at all consider the possibility of a suspended sentence, I would be eternally grateful.”

It didn’t work. He received a two-week penalty, taking his record to nine times found guilty for a total of 39 weeks outed.

I lold.

...and despite much searching of the interwebz, I cant find the Dermie/Mickie scuffle, but I do remember it was a Friday night, and the picture made the back page of the Saturday HUN.

Think it was when he was playing for Collingwood. It happened right in front of me.

The North 90's Mafia I suspect, dislike Dermie from his year at the Filth in 1995.

There was a game early in that season where Dermie had Mick in a headlock, and Mick's head went purple than o Arthur Cloke 's nose...then later in the year, nekminit, this happens. I lifted this from the Filth's website that memorialises Dermie's year in black and white...

After missing three games with the hamstring injury, he would play five straight games – from Round 10 versus Fitzroy until Round 14 against North Melbourne – before his final visit to the AFL tribunal.

He had clashed with North Melbourne’s Ross Smith, with the Herald Sun’s Mike Sheahan saying that Brereton had been “indiscrete…what possessed him to clench his fist and swing his arm back in the direction of an opponent.”

Brereton pleaded with the tribunal members: “Every game I play is golden to me. If you, being football men, could find a bit of compassion and understanding about where I’m coming from, and if at all consider the possibility of a suspended sentence, I would be eternally grateful.”

It didn’t work. He received a two-week penalty, taking his record to nine times found guilty for a total of 39 weeks outed.

I lold.
And Ross Smith copped a fine for giving "unsatisfactory evidence" i.e. he observed the players' code and kept his mouth shut.

...and despite much searching of the interwebz, I cant find the Dermie/Mickie scuffle, but I do remember it was a Friday night, and the picture made the back page of the Saturday HUN.

Good game. Huge crowd. We were down at 1/2 time l think. Current Sydney coach, Wayne, Corey put them to the sword 2nd half. Great night.

Funny memory from that night. Went with demure young lady and sat level 3 in front of Pies supporting box. Giving us heaps of " GO PIES " until we stormed home, hit the front, kicked the sealer and she turned round, gave 'em the 2 fingered salute with a hearty " F*#K THE PIES " ! through the open box window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back