FTA-TV Deadwood

Remove this Banner Ad

If HBO really wants Deadwood back....I hope Milch & McShane play hard ball and tell em that they want a full season to close the series.
A 3 part mini series please.

6 hours to wrap it up.

Any word on the rumour? I think a 3 episode mini series would be better than a movie but will take anything!

HnnngGGhhh

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/07/hbo-deadwood-movie-happening

The rumors are real: The long, long, long-awaited Deadwood movie is really, truly in development at HBO.

No less a source than the network’s programming president Michael Lombardo said “it’s going to happen,” TV Line reported at the Television Critics Association’s press tour party in Pasadena on Thursday. Creator David Milch has apparently pitched a story for the profanity filled and critically acclaimed cult-favorite Western’s reunion.

Last August, HBO confirmed early talks of a Deadwood movie, so this has been in the works for awhile. Actor Garret Dillahunt, who played Francis Wolcott on the show, first leaked the news on Twitter.

979.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy but skeptical that you can close up a series like this in 2 hour movie.
Better than no movie. Great news. Ian McShane better be in it.

Finally, but i dont know if it can live up to they hype. Its been talked about for almost 10 years now. Hope they can give it the ending it deserves. and they can get everyone back. If they dont get the minor characters like Dan and Mr Wu it will be sad. and the actress who played Trixie now has a contract at showtime with Ray Donovan so hope she has time and can do the movie whenever they get around to filming

This. Great show but it's been dead for 10 years. They should have let it be. Can't see a 2 hour movie doing justice in closing out the show.

It doesn't ruin the legacy, either they stuff it up and we still have the amazing series or they make something awesome.

All will be ok as long as they sign EB Farnham, Swearengen, and Wu. Everyone else is expendable as far as I'm concerned.

It doesn't ruin the legacy, either they stuff it up and we still have the amazing series or they make something awesome.
Disagree. If the movie doesn't cut it, then it will tarnish what the show has stood for, and people will be saying, "they shouldn't have done a movie, should have just left it alone".

Time will tell.

Disagree. If the movie doesn't cut it, then it will tarnish what the show has stood for, and people will be saying, "they shouldn't have done a movie, should have just left it alone".

Time will tell.

People always say that, but crappy sequels didn't ruin Star Wars, Terminator, Indiana Jones.

Yeah this. Provided they get all the original crew back together again it will be hard for them to mess it up too much & being HBO, I would bet they nail it to make up for cancelling it first time around. Also would prefer a miniseries or the like though.

Wonder why Francis Wolcott leaked it, last time I checked he was hanging off the end of a rope...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back