FTA-TV Deadwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Rewatching this for the first time in a while. I'm astounded it's not usually mentioned alongside The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones as one of the absolute very best.

I thought it was?

Definitely top tier for me but prob doesn't get mentioned alongside those other shows as it never drew a massive audience.

Or had a proper ending.

Rewatching this for the first time in a while. I'm astounded it's not usually mentioned alongside The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones as one of the absolute very best.

Nothing beats it pound for pound but the short series run hurts it. In fairness I have seen it ranked among those shows before and rightly so.

I rate it as THE best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it goes well hopefully there will be the impetus for other cancelled shows, Bored to Death, Carnivale etc

So hoping for a return of Bored to Death. If that and Deadwood return I will be in heaven.

All will be ok as long as they sign EB Farnham, Swearengen, and Wu. Everyone else is expendable as far as I'm concerned.

Cy is actually my favourite character so hopefully he returns.

All will be ok as long as they sign EB Farnham, Swearengen, and Wu. Everyone else is expendable as far as I'm concerned.

No way. Calamity Jane is a must. Not sure there's been as strong, but flawed and vulnerable female character in a tv show as Deadwood's CJ.

200_s.gif

I've always been a bit curious about the timing with regards to Deadwood (and Rome as well, tbh.)

Always assumed there must have been a bit of a delay before all that Sopranos DVD coin started pouring in to HBO, and Oz and The Wire were just cheaper to stick with in the long run.

I've always been a bit curious about the timing with regards to Deadwood (and Rome as well, tbh.)

Always assumed there must have been a bit of a delay before all that Sopranos DVD coin started pouring in to HBO, and Oz and The Wire were just cheaper to stick with in the long run.

Filming costs were a huge issue for HBO at the time. Rome in particular cost a fortune to make.

GOT is the most expensive show of all time, but Boardwalk Empire was up there too.

Rome is fabulous as well and like Deadwood was cut short due to huge production costs. Two of my favourite shows.

Rome is fabulous as well and like Deadwood was cut short due to huge production costs. Two of my favourite shows.
Easily my two favourite shows too...was livid when both were cut short

HBO can spend $$$ on cgi dragons that add nothing and just kill off Direwolves to save $$$

Sadly it seems HBO hasn't learnt anything despite having more money now

Easily my two favourite shows too...was livid when both were cut short

HBO can spend $$$ on cgi dragons that add nothing and just kill off Direwolves to save $$$

Sadly it seems HBO hasn't learnt anything despite having more money now

Who is your favourite character in Rome?

Gone through the 3 seasons again on Foxtel.

However much is left of DW, I'm hoping they pick up where they left off. I doesn't bother me that the cast will be 10 years old looking but I'll watch anything HBO/Milch decide to do.

(Apologies if your reading this post hoping it was an update)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back