Dealing with this..

Remove this Banner Ad

If we make another GF can we tell the AFL to GAGF re the ridiculous parade and pre game rubbish and we can actually follow our routine and play a normal game of footy.

Better yet, if we earn the right by finishing highest, why cant the opposition come to Adelaide on the thursday to bunker up for 2 days so we fit in a stupid drive down King William Road...why not?

Oh but the GF has to be at the MCG...what a BS competition this is.

EVERYTHING is based on being Premiers, yet some teams have a far greater chance than others before a ball is even bounced.

Personally, I have avoided all footy stories, all footy media and just either been on here or distracted myself. Been a painful day really. I keep telling myself that we had to lose a Grand Final at some stage. It just really burns though in the manner it happened, the effort by some players who chose to not stand up when the game counted, the invention of free kicks gifted to Richmond and the massive media bias all week in favour of Richmond like they were demi gods. I am pretty well convinced we were always destined to fail in this game because we weren't head and shoulders above the rest that we could counter all the above and still have enough class to get the job done.

Personally, I have avoided all footy stories, all footy media and just either been on here or distracted myself. Been a painful day really. I keep telling myself that we had to lose a Grand Final at some stage. It just really burns though in the manner it happened, the effort by some players who chose to not stand up when the game counted, the invention of free kicks gifted to Richmond and the massive media bias all week in favour of Richmond like they were demi gods. I am pretty well convinced we were always destined to fail in this game because we weren't head and shoulders above the rest that we could counter all the above and still have enough class to get the job done.
With the media saturation of the game these days, the terrible bias in umpiring ranks, the BS requirement of playing at the MCG for the VFL corporates...the only way we are winning a flag is to play a Non-Vic team in the big one. Makes me realise Sydney 2012 were one of the best teams to win a flag in AFL history.

STAY AND POST ONLY ON THIS BOARD. You will be ripped and torn apart on any other board.

Also dont read their comments either it will hurt. No need to subject yourself to that bs.

The mods at least here will protect us from bashings that we will get thick and fast in the coming weeks. Today is nothing compared to whats in store.

I speak for everyone (almost) when I plead with deaneus and Drugs Are Bad Mackay? to please please be lethal about trolling.

Ahh .. I had to front the Bay ... not wanting to be like the frontrunners from frontrunnersville ...

Go with the "haven't seen you since extra time " and at least 119 still stands

Basically they got nothing -and as yet they haven't landed a shot !

Quoted a few of their "Crows gonna smash them " quotes - that's always handy having them bookmarked !
Thank God though I went the "not over til it's over " and "I don't count chickens " road beforehand !

Yep, avoiding any media, but for some reason decided to watch the highlights today (and turned it off halfway through).
Only footy talk i have looked at is on here no newspaper no TV but the car radio trolled me by talking about the GF then played never tear us apart quickly turned it over

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's all good if you distract yourself with other positive things, don't let the result overpower your daily life. Whenever I do think about the result though, the same disappointment and pessimism for the club's future remains.

Solution? Scale back personal investment in the league. It's not good for the health.

It's all good if you distract yourself with other positive things, don't let the result overpower your daily life. Whenever I do think about the result though, the same disappointment and pessimism for the club's future remains.

Solution? Scale back personal investment in the league. It's not good for the health.
Lot easier said than done for all that though :(

Was abused outside the ground by Richmond supporters telling me to * off back to Adelaide without provocation. We will get our vengeance one day and oh * me its going to be sweet.

My work Manager saved me, made me work from 11-6 today, sweet time and a half in the bank, watching the sopranos helps a lot.

A little perspective... one of the ladies in the Adelaide CSG got a message that one of her fur babies was quite ill this morning. They managed to get on an earlier flight (despite the Virgin stuff up/delays today) and just got back in time to say their goodbyes. While footy is important to all of us... there are worse things than losing a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was abused outside the ground by Richmond supporters telling me to **** off back to Adelaide without provocation. We will get our vengeance one day and oh **** me its going to be sweet.
We had some Richmond fans push into the front rows (where we were sitting) at the end of the game yesterday and proceeded to video us in our misery. I mean... far out. Such a shitty thing to do.

What helps is imagining us here next year and our players are a lot more calm, harder and tougher, having learnt a harsh lesson yesterday. Imagine us vs Richmond again except this time we push back, pressure them just as hard and force the game to be played on our terms.

What has made this harder is that I was there, never did I think I would get a GF ticket, let alone with the Crows playing.

After two days in Melbourne, no sleep, a hangover and feet that felt like I was walking on glass. I slept all day. I live in Victoria and now have to face all the Tigers fans at work after predicting the Crows by 40+, atleast I got the margin right...

Was a fantastic experience to be at the mcg for grand final day. Our supporters were amazing. So proud of them. I watched the replay today. All I got through was the killers, the anthem and the first 10 minutes. Now everytime I hear a killers song it will remind me of this loss. A bit like how port ruined a good inxs song for me.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Although not in denial, I have not thought about it too much. I went to a mates 40th and had a great time. It throws things into perspective a fair bit.

I have recorded the game and I think over the summer I will go back to it and try to analyse it in a non-emotive way.

I want to know where we really need to improve so we can have another crack at it next year.

Just keep swimming....

Upward and onward petals.

If Sloane wants to leave because of this as someone said he might, then sayonara.

I can't see us winning anything any time soon. A serious aversion to the big occasion crept into our culture and was epitomized by guys like VB, Thommo, Dmac and Dougie. Two of those are now coaches. Two are our most senior players and will probably then be offered coaching roles to instill the virtues of insipid panic merchant choking into the next generation.

It is what it is.

Privately I'd be gloating if Port lost as well...but I wouldn't go on social media like a gloating ******* despite my team being pathetic.
The majority of your fan base were all over us after 2007 and still are.. what goes around comes around. We were both pathetic and deserved everything that comes with it.

Let's not be too melodramatic

One set of supporters goes through this every year!

Our turn unfortunately.

What will be interesting is how our players cope/rebound. A large number of them have just walked off with a GF performance they would be embarrassed about.

There's a risk that has long term effects on belief, confidence and enthusiasm. Even a narrow loss (let alone a win) could galvanise the group but that's the sort of performance that could fracture us. For instance, much easier for Sloane to walk away from a group he has doubts about and that doubts itself.

Big question is: will they learn from it, or will it become part of their identity?

i'm still unsure wether I should feel disgusted with the effort shown, or be proud we made it that far

i'm still numb. when the siren went, I've never heard a roar like that before. I want to be part of that roar but for us :(

i'm still unsure wether I should feel disgusted with the effort shown, or be proud we made it that far

i'm still numb. when the siren went, I've never heard a roar like that before. I want to be part of that roar but for us :(
s I haven't left Melbourne yet, until later tonight :(
I can't help but replay those key moments in the first half and what could have been, doesn't mater where you are in Melb you can't not see parts of the replay..
Knight kicks that goal? s**t advantage, Lynch no 50 and miss, Betts missed free on half time..
All of them on their own potential to increase or change momentum.. yes we were outplayed the last half but footy is all about momentum and had we gathered a bit more at stages in some of those plays.... :( :(

s I haven't left Melbourne yet, until later tonight :(
I can't help but replay those key moments in the first half and what could have been, doesn't mater where you are in Melb you can't not see parts of the replay..
Knight kicks that goal? s**t advantage, Lynch no 50 and miss, Betts missed free on half time..
All of them on their own potential to increase or change momentum.. yes we were outplayed the last half but footy is all about momentum and had we gathered a bit more at stages in some of those plays.... :( :(
tom lynch kicks that goal early in the second, what happens from there.. that was such a crucial miss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back