Roast Dealing with TOLL who have delivered my order to someone else

Hi guys,

A couple days ago I purchased a Racing Wheel for my xbox one from Dick Smith for $159 and it was being delivered by Toll.

Today I got a message on my phone from Toll saying that they'd deliver the package today, so I stayed home all day and waited but nobody came.

At 3:06pm today I got another message from Toll saying it'd been delivered successfully, however I have had nobody come to the door to deliver a package, nor is there any re-delivery note outside my door or in the letter box. I assure you nobody has come from Toll today.

So obviously stunned I had said to myself "What the heck? It's saying it's been delivered on my tracking # but I haven't got the item! Uh oh!"

I waited about an hour and called Toll Customer support and explained my issue, the lady I spoke to didn't sound convinced that I hadn't received the item, she asked me to describe the item, I told her what it was and where it was coming from, and the address and name it was being delivered to.

So without disclosing my name, I'll just say my name is DJ

She said to me "So are you not the "DJ" that signed for the item?"
I told her no, nobody has come today! And she told me that a person had signed as "DJ" for the item (my name)

I kept re-assuring her it wasn't me and I haven't received my item, now she's shipped me off to some 'investigations' team who will give me a call back tomorrow apparently.

Here's a screenshot of what I see online from Toll under my tracking Number

6c6b0a4ca0.png

---- It says it's successfully delivered but I DO NOT HAVE THE ITEM!!!!

I've never had to deal with stuff like this before, any tips? How should I go about handling this?

I'm sure that the signature could be checked couldn't it? Is your address one which could be confused for something else nearby perhaps? I would certainly be hounding their customer service/investigations crew

I'm sure that the signature could be checked couldn't it? Is your address one which could be confused for something else nearby perhaps? I would certainly be hounding their customer service/investigations crew

That's my plan, if some dickhead did sign for it in my name, then it's sure as hell not going to match my signature which I can show them on my credit cards and ID.

I don't think my address can be easily confused.

Call dick smith and let them know what happened. they have a legal obligation to provide you with said item and they're responsible for choosing toll to deliver it.

I'll try that as my second option, I thought toll was 100% responsible for what happens when the item is their hands?

No luck today, they keep saying they'll call me back but they never call me back.
Same with Dick Smith... "We're sure you've signed for it. If you didn't it's very rare that this has happened."

Now i'm mad :mad:
Heads will roll on Monday.

No luck today, they keep saying they'll call me back but they never call me back.
Same with Dick Smith... "We're sure you've signed for it. If you didn't it's very rare that this has happened."

Let them have it mate:thumbsu:

Let them have it mate:thumbsu:

Sick of being shafted off by these customer service idiots that keep reading off a script. I want my item and I want it Monday.

Any decent threats I could use? Eg. "I'll sue you" - "I'll call the obudsman"
C'mon guys get creative!!

If you don't get any satisfaction from either of them contact Consumer Affairs.

Sick of being shafted off by these customer service idiots that keep reading off a script. I want my item and I want it Monday.

Any decent threats I could use? Eg. "I'll sue you" - "I'll call the obudsman"
C'mon guys get creative!!

Agree - They also treat everyone like there Idiots:mad:

If you don't get any satisfaction from either of them contact Consumer Affairs.

Thanks, I'm going to write an E-mail to Dick Smith right now just so I have it in writing that I've contacted them.
I'll briefly mention that I'm willing and able to contact Consumer Affairs & put in a dispute with PayPal if I don't receive my item.

Thanks, I'm going to write an E-mail to Dick Smith right now just so I have it in writing that I've contacted them.
I'll briefly mention that I'm willing and able to contact Consumer Affairs & put in a dispute with PayPal if I don't receive my item.
Actually contact PayPal anyway.

Good on you. Don’t let Dick Smith and Toll try and Bully you out of it

Good on you. Don’t let Dick Smith and Toll try and Bully you out of it

Hell no, these companies don't scare me. That's all they are, bullies. Some idiot driver probably bagged the item for himself and the stupid customer reps have no idea what to do in this situation as they're only reading off a script / too ignorant to realize that I've technically been scammed.

No holds barred against them, they forget that i'm only 19 and have nothing better to do with my time than to hassle them to s**t.

Here's the email I sent in writing to Dick Smith.

Surely they can't ignore this.

Hi there, to whom it may concern:

I purchased a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel XB1 (Product Code YG10558) from Dick Smith online on the 30th of June 2015. The item was shipped out to me on the 1st of July 2015, via Toll.

On Thursday the 2nd of July 2015 at 11:07am I received a text message from "Toll CD" saying that my item (the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel XB1) was on it's way to be delivered on that day. I was home all day and approximately at 3:27pm I received another message from "Toll CD" stating that my item has been delivered successfully.

Unfortunately this was not the case, as no Toll driver had arrived at my place of residence (TEMPEST'S ADDRESS) on that day, nor had they attempt to deliver any item to me.

I decided to check my Toll tracking number for the item (Tracking NOT FOR BIGFOOTY'S EYES) when I received this text message, as I found it a bit weird they said they had delivered to me when I received nothing. The tracking number says that the item had been delivered to me at 3:06pm on that day, Thursday the 2nd of July 2015. However, once again, I do NOT have the item in my possession.

One hour later, at approximately 4:30pm - I called Toll's customer service on 13 15 31 and explained to the lady what happened. She was adamant that a person named "TEMPEST'S NAME" signed for it and the item had been delivered. I did my best to explain to her that I did not sign for the item, and unfortunately I don't have the item. She was apologetic and she assigned me with the reference number (TOLL REFERENCE NUMBER) and then asked for my contact number, I gave her my mobile number and then she said that someone from Toll Investigations team will call me on the next day, Friday the 3rd of July, before 2pm.

2pm on Friday passed, and nobody from Toll had attempted to contact me. I decided to ring Toll back again at approximately 2:17pm (13 15 31) and explained to another lady what had happened. She told me that my Phone number had been placed in the system wrong and that the phone number placed in the system was (WRONG PHONE NUMBER) - I had explained to her that my phone number is (RIGHT PHONE NUMBER) which I had clearly read out to the lady I spoke to on Thursday when she asked me for my phone number. She then re-assured me that my request was now prioritized and that someone from Toll would call me back within the next 2 hours.

I had waited the 2 hours, and even more, yet nobody called me.
Increasingly frustrated, I decided to call Dick Smith about my issue. I gave the online sales team a call on 1300 366 644 and spoke to a lady who I explained my issue thoroughly to.
She explicitly said that the issue I am having was "Very rare" and she'd have to contact Toll to verify my information and that she'd give me a call back within 48 hours.

At this point I am very nervous because I believe I will not receive a call back as I have currently been shafted twice by Toll.
I am putting this in writing to Dick Smith in hoping that you could help me with my request. I want my item and I don't want to be bullied by Toll anymore.

I paid $143.64 AUD for this item which I believe is a fair bit of money to not have my item sent to me. Unfortunately because of the position I have been put in and all the constant shafting, I've placed a dispute against the transaction on PayPal (Unique Transaction ID REMOVED FOR BIGFOOTY'S EYES). I'm more than happy to close this dispute if Dick Smith can help me without bullying me like Toll has, however if this cannot be the case, I have been instructed to call Consumer Affairs Australia which I will do if I do not receive a straight answer by the end of Monday as I believe I should indeed get the item I have ordered.

I am prepared to verify my identity, and even if Toll says that someone signed for it under my name, there's no way it's going to match up with my registered signature on my credit card and debit card, which PayPal have verified on file. I will not stand for this scam that Toll is trying to pull on me so I am really hoping that as the Retailer, Dick Smith can provide me with a viable solution as I am clearly frustrated about this issue.

Thanks so much for attending to my request and I truly appreciate it as I've been pretty mentally stressed following this ordeal.

-
TEMPEST'S DETAILS.

I removed some of my details for privacy, but the base message is still the same.

Whilst continuing to followup with Toll, you need to ensure that you apply pressure on Dick Smith as they are the retailer that you have entered into a sale agreement with and Dick Smith has the obligation under consumer law to ensure that you receive the goods that you have purchased. This issue is between the retailer and the courier company it has subcontracted its delivery service to - not you as the customer. Dick Smith should be following this up on your behalf.

Did you pay by credit card? Under the credit law, a consumer cannot be charged via a credit card for goods or services not received so if the transaction was via a credit card, contact your bank, initiate the dispute process and request that the transaction be reversed and recredited to your account until the issue is resolved.

Here's the email I sent in writing to Dick Smith.

Surely they can't ignore this.

I removed some of my details for privacy, but the base message is still the same.
Very comprehensive, well done. Keep the pressure on Dick Smith as it is with them that you have the problem with and they should be pressuring TOLL.

Whilst continuing to followup with Toll, you need to ensure that you apply pressure on Dick Smith as they are the retailer that you have entered into a sale agreement with and Dick Smith has the obligation under consumer law to ensure that you receive the goods that you have purchased. This issue is between the retailer and the courier company it has subcontracted its delivery service to - not you as the customer. Dick Smith should be following this up on your behalf.

Did you pay by credit card? Under the credit law, a consumer cannot be charged via a credit card for goods or services not received so if the transaction was via a credit card, contact your bank, initiate the dispute process and request that the transaction be reversed and recredited to your account until the issue is resolved.

It was via PayPal which is linked to my debit card, which is why I have filed a dispute with PayPal as well.

Thanks for the help guys, it makes me feel a lot better knowing that I'm within my rights to put as much pressure on them as I can and hopefully I come out of this on top.

It was via PayPal which is linked to my debit card, which is why I have filed a dispute with PayPal as well.

Thanks for the help guys, it makes me feel a lot better knowing that I'm within my rights to put as much pressure on them as I can and hopefully I come out of this on top.

Just don't lose your cool Tempest, that will make things go south very quickly. The key here is to be polite but firm and reiterate your rights as the consumer - this can't be stressed enough. You will be dealing with people who will be trying to resolve the situation and satisfy your complaint - it's not their fault the delivery mixup occurred so remember, calm, firm and polite and note down date/time/name of people you have been talking to and the points discussed for your records.

Just don't lose your cool Tempest, that will make things go south very quickly. The key here is to be polite but firm and reiterate your rights as the consumer - this can't be stressed enough. You will be dealing with people who will be trying to resolve the situation and satisfy your complaint - it's not their fault the delivery mixup occurred so remember, calm, firm and polite and note down date/time/name of people you have been talking to and the points discussed for your records.

Yep, if I ever lose my cool it'll be off the phone, not at them. I understand the person i'm talking to at the time is not the person that ****ed up my order, I used to work in customer service so I know how it feels to be blamed for another employee's mistake.
However I'm sick of it when they just read off the script like drones, how is anything supposed to progress when all I hear is: "Oh i'm so sorry this happened to you sir but we're sure you signed for it, our computer systems say so!!"

Yep, if I ever lose my cool it'll be off the phone, not at them. I understand the person i'm talking to at the time is not the person that stuffed up my order, I used to work in customer service so I know how it feels to be blamed for another employee's mistake.
However I'm sick of it when they just read off the script like drones, how is anything supposed to progress when all I hear is: "Oh i'm so sorry this happened to you sir but we're sure you signed for it, our computer systems say so!!"

If this occurs, ask to speak to their supervisor or manager - take it up a level of management to get past the scripted response.

Now even Dick Smith are adamant someone signed for it.

Good Day,
Please be advised that the courier confirms that the information that they have on their Proof of Delivery which has your name and your address is correct. They also informed us that the driver came back last Friday and confirmed that the item was received by the authorized person. If you have verification, please respond to this email. Thank you.

WTF is going on? I DON'T HAVE THE ITEM, IF I HAD THE ITEM I WOULDNT BE TAKING s**t THIS FAR.

Sigh, I don't even want my item at this point, just give me my money back....

Sultan

All Australian
Sep 16, 2014
Essendon via Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GWS
I'd be on the phone to Dick Smith about this. They are Toll's customer. Toll doesn't owe you anything.

Be persistent and ask to escalate if you are not satisfied. Keep a log of all your conversations, including names.

Ask for a copy of the con-note and the signed POD.

I'd be on the phone to Dick Smith about this. They are Toll's customer. Toll doesn't owe you anything.

Be persistent and ask to escalate if you are not satisfied. Keep a log of all your conversations, including names.

Ask for a copy of the con-note and the signed POD.

Just did that via email to dick smith, cheers !

Back