News Dean Brogan part time ruck coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr5014

Rookie
Aug 12, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is it wrong to be worried about this appointment purely from the perspective of having a bunch of mates together on the coaching panel?

I don't want comfortable, I want on edge. Great players ≠ great coaches (necessarily).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tibbs

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is it wrong to be worried about this appointment purely from the perspective of having a bunch of mates together on the coaching panel?

I don't want comfortable, I want on edge. Great players ≠ great coaches (necessarily).
Really? A bit of hyperbole! They were team mates once, but have lived/played/coached in separate states for over 12 years!

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Does anyone know if he'll have to sit in a chair when talking to the mids (I'm assuming a ruck coach will have involvement with midfielders re positioning etc) as he's quite tall, will they be able to hear his instructions clearly if he is standing up?

raptalia

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

Steve Dore

International Trade Facilitator
Aug 30, 2004
a three hour tour.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Canadiens, Ports
... i wonder if the new ruck rules have had a hand is this?
Given me moved Lade and Greaves on before the new ruck rules were even announced I would say no.

If the abolition of the Primus rule was the reason for bringing in a new ruck coach maybe we should have brought in Primus. o_O

Top Bottom