Dean Cox- at what point is 300 possible?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox is great. Cousins though I think will be the best ever Eagle for quite some time.

Does he have a shot at 300. A slim chance you would think. Big men are harder to keep together but he does have a great injury record. Still playing great footy too. Also seems to still be really hungry for success.

Cant count Embers out either.

I used to think it was odd that we haven't had a 300 gamer. Adelaide's had what, four of them?

But then I remember that David Neitz was Melbourne's first ever 300 gamer and it all of a sudden doesn't seem too bad, especially when you factor in all the travel our players have done.
Actually, that makes me feel a bit better about it.

Wow, it's hard to believe the oldest footy club in the country has had only 1 300 gamer.

I don't think it matters how many AA jumpers Cox gets, he will never surpass Cousins IMO.
Agree. There's just no way that the sum of Coxy's career could ever surpass the sum of the feats of Cuzzy's career.

I'd love for Cox to make 300 games, but it's not likely IMO. The sort of wear that the continual leaping and landing with all of that bodyweight does to the knee joints makes the longevity of ruckmen difficult.

TBH i'm just stoked that he's still playing, and playing consistently.

He could end up being the greatest ruckman ever - just shows that there's too much taken for granted when it comes to Coxy.

Shows how much drafting is as a coin flip. People can pour money down throats of scouts to find the best prospect, Coxy was picked up as a rookie listed player and turned into one of the best ruckman in the AFL's history (best ruckman atm, whoever says Sandilands is better are idiots or biased).

Could Coxy ever surpass Cousins? I don't think so.
But he will establish himself as probably top 5 players in WCE history.
I too would love for Coxy to get 300, but it won't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back