Toast Dean Cox inducted into Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Game vs North in Tazzy 2012, went into god mode. 21D, 15M, 24HO, 3G, 215SC :fire:

Game vs Bulldogs at Etihad 2011, took two clutch marks at either end of the ground and kicked the winning goal. 27D, 13M, 37HO, 1G, 213SC :fire:

Naitanui by comparison has never taken more than 6 marks in a game. Shows how much of a work horse big Dean was getting around the ground.

From memory that doggies game was the same week he pinged Kennedy in the eye with a tennis ball. He owed us a big game and delivered in spades.

From memory that doggies game was the same week he pinged Kennedy in the eye with a tennis ball. He owed us a big game and delivered in spades.

From memory, that same bulldogs game we jumped out and got ahead by a very large margin, 50 points or something.

Only to stop dead completely just after half time, have the margin whittled away, give up the lead, and then pinch the game back for the ultimate troll.

Game vs North in Tazzy 2012, went into god mode. 21D, 15M, 24HO, 3G, 215SC :fire:

Game vs Bulldogs at Etihad 2011, took two clutch marks at either end of the ground and kicked the winning goal. 27D, 13M, 37HO, 1G, 213SC :fire:

Naitanui by comparison has never taken more than 6 marks in a game. Shows how much of a work horse big Dean was getting around the ground.
I sometimes wonder, with the complete benefit of hindsight, would I take a different player than Nic Nat in the 2008 draft? On reflection, it was actually a pretty average draft and the only players I think we could have done better out of are midfielders (given our defensive stocks ended up alright over this period). Sidebottom, Hanneberry and possibly Beams (assuming we could prevent him from becoming a D-head) would be the only other options I'd consider:

I sometimes wonder, with the complete benefit of hindsight, would I take a different player than Nic Nat in the 2008 draft? On reflection, it was actually a pretty average draft and the only players I think we could have done better out of are midfielders (given our defensive stocks ended up alright over this period). Sidebottom, Hanneberry and possibly Beams (assuming we could prevent him from becoming a D-head) would be the only other options I'd consider:

Can you start a poll?

Jack's Watts will win 😍

Foxsports redrafted the 08 draft a day ago.

They changed the order to

Sidey
Hannebery
Sloane
Naitanui (comment saying he'd be higher without injuries)
Breust
Shuey
Davis
Hurley
Walters
Beams
They put Naitanui lower because of injuries but then put Hannebery at 2?

I'd take most of that list ahead of him tbh.

They put Naitanui lower because of injuries but then put Hannebery at 2?

I'd take most of that list ahead of him tbh.
Think Hanners because of his purple patch of 3 AAs and the premiership.

But I agree with you, I'm happy with getting a gun ruck instead. Shuey not too bad either.

Sure, but Naitanui is so much more potent in other aspects of his game.
It comes down to what you value most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sidebums a pretty massive player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back