Rumour Dean cox to be elevated to midfield coach

Remove this Banner Ad

has anyone from the club even provided a valid reason as to why we'd want Ballantye ? ?? ?

To be fair, no one from the club has said we are definitely interested in him although Vozzo did kinda maybe suggest we could be

Hagdorn, so must be taken with a grain of salt. But good lord, if even half of that is true we're in some serious trouble.

Hackdorn has been pushing the Petrie barrow for a while now. "Rawlings moves to list manager... must be positioning to bring Petrie in". "Cox moves to midfield coach... must be positioning to bring Petrie in". Whether we do pick him up in the end or not, he has been grasping at straws to back up his initial claim.

I don't want Petrie or Ballantyne at the club. But taking a glass half full (or 1/4 full) look at it to keep my sanity here are the benefits:

Ballantyne:
  • Would be funny if he kicked a bag in the next Derby.
  • Will put more pressure on LeCras to perform assuming they are competing for the same position.
  • We don't have a natural goal sneak on the list. Throw him at the feet of our talls (as opposed to Freo's) and he may actually do better.
Petrie:
  • Delisted free agent so won't cost us a thing.
  • Could end up as depth in the WAFL if Lycett is fit and Giles/McInnes lift their game.
But I'm still hoping like hell that all these rumours are just BS.

Is there any actual reasons why people think Cox can't coach? Anything to back that up or just a view from afar?
I think it's a combination of two things - firstly he was given the role of stoppages coach this year an area we didn't do particularly well in and secondly he is a relatively inexperienced coach.

I have no issue with him remaining as stoppages coach because it's too difficult from outside the club to understand how each coach performs their role and as a ruckman he'd have a good understanding of how stoppages work. It also dovetails nicely into his role as ruck coach.

The issue I have is the midfield is the most important part of the ground and I'd rather see a more experienced coach take on that position especially since our current coaching group is not exactly overflowing with experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a combination of two things - firstly he was given the role of stoppages coach this year an area we didn't do particularly well in and secondly he is a relatively inexperienced coach.

I have no issue with him remaining as stoppages coach because it's too difficult from outside the club to understand how each coach performs their role and as a ruckman he'd have a good understanding of how stoppages work. It also dovetails nicely into his role as ruck coach.

The issue I have is the midfield is the most important part of the ground and I'd rather see a more experienced coach take on that position especially since our current coaching group is not exactly overflowing with experience.

It is most important but can't teach the same old blokes new tricks, same old midfield so probably doesn't matter. lol

Hackdorn has been pushing the Petrie barrow for a while now. "Rawlings moves to list manager... must be positioning to bring Petrie in". "Cox moves to midfield coach... must be positioning to bring Petrie in". Whether we do pick him up in the end or not, he has been grasping at straws to back up his initial claim.

He was running with "Ballantyne will be a straight swap with MacKenzie" for ages, he seems to have given up on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back