Dean Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
What is his around-the-ground play like. Thinking swap him to the Crows for Perrie +. Gives Eagles a key forward. Perrie works well in a forward line where he is the main target. I hear McDougall referred to as a key position player - does this mean he can play in defence too? WCE Spine: Gaspar, Glass, Gardiner, McDougall, Perrie. Don't want to rely on Jakovich too much anymore but he can play forward or back depending on the day.

Any thoughts? Doesn't work if Cox can't run/kick/mark coz the Crows have 3 of them already. If Eagles supporters like this deal, want else do u want from the Crows - draft pick? Stenglein? others?

This is just a thought NOT a rumour

dean is very tall at (204cm) and he does do suprisiningly well around the ground, he averages about 14 possesions a game.
He doesnt break games open with his run and carry of the footy a la Gardiner rather he acts as a link man normally on the wing.

As a eagles supporer i am not really too impressed with Perrie and we dont really need any more tall forwards (although Wosha never seems to play them).

I would look at Bassett and a pick (2/3rd round).
Or maybe straight for Stenglien.

Originally posted by theorangeapple
dean is very tall at (204cm) and he does do suprisiningly well around the ground, he averages about 14 possesions a game.
He doesnt break games open with his run and carry of the footy a la Gardiner rather he acts as a link man normally on the wing.

As a eagles supporer i am not really too impressed with Perrie and we dont really need any more tall forwards (although Wosha never seems to play them).

I would look at Bassett and a pick (2/3rd round).
Or maybe straight for Stenglien.

Bassett appears out of favour, that could be possible
Stenglein is no longer as important to the Crows with Shirley's development this year, possible
I said Perrie coz I thought none of the Eagles' tall forwards were any good since that appears to be the obvious weakness in the lineup.

What's Cox's marking like?

Cox is pretty sort after it seems, He is a great addition as back up ruckman which Eagles already have(Mark Seaby). Eagles dont need a full forward. Do i need to remind everyone Eagles scored the most points this year. Our porblem is defence so Eagles would definetly settle for Nathan Bassett for Dean Cox, but at the moment i think Collingwood would be the front runners for him. Apparently from what i have heard Tarkyn Lockyer wants to come back to WA, so maybe Cox and number 25 draft pick for Lockyer could happen. Either way youd say Cox will definetly be traded of this year

Originally posted by F-U
Cox is pretty sort after it seems, He is a great addition as back up ruckman which Eagles already have(Mark Seaby). Eagles dont need a full forward. Do i need to remind everyone Eagles scored the most points this year. Our porblem is defence so Eagles would definetly settle for Nathan Bassett for Dean Cox, but at the moment i think Collingwood would be the front runners for him. Apparently from what i have heard Tarkyn Lockyer wants to come back to WA, so maybe Cox and number 25 draft pick for Lockyer could happen. Either way youd say Cox will definetly be traded of this year

If Lockyer goes home, Collingwood will want to use him to get Stevens, don't know what Port would want from Freo or WC apart from Judd or Pavlich, which I know won't happen. Don't know, maybe a 4-way trade with Port, WA team, Pies and someone else.

My observation of West Coast is that when challenged in the midfield, their small forward setup doesn't work because they don't have the time&space to set up Matera & co, they need a target to kick to, or did WC midfield just run out of legs towards the end of the year when I saw most Eagles games? Does a tall forward just not fit into Woosha's gameplan?

Originally posted by F-U
from what i have heard Tarkyn Lockyer wants to come back to WA, so maybe Cox and number 25 draft pick for Lockyer could happen.

I would take that in a flash.

Where abouts did you heard about Tarks wanting to go to WA F-U?

Originally posted by F-U
Apparently from what i have heard Tarkyn Lockyer wants to come back to WA, so maybe Cox and number 25 draft pick for Lockyer could happen. Either way youd say Cox will definetly be traded of this year

So the Eagles would let go of an outstanding young ruckman who is still developing for a back pocket coming off a knee reconstruction plus a mediocre draft pick??????

Hello??????

We already have Phil Read and Chad Morrison. Why would we want Tarkyn Lockyer? Has he put on 6 inches over the winter????

Fair dinkum, I reckon that if Molly Meldrum came from Perth, you lot would propose we trade Cox for him.......

Man Lockyer is a great player, plus Cox aint exactly a young player. And why would we want to keep Dean Cox when Eagles have Mark Seaby, who will most likely be as good if not better than Gardiner(from what ive seen of him anyway). Cox will just stop getting games and become a useless idiiot who plays WAFL. Better trade him now whern he holds some value rather then later when he is worthless ie koops

The Eagles have said they will not actively trade Dean Cox this year.

So I guess the only reason he may go is if he asks to be traded.

Be realistic about Seaby - the kid hasn't played a senior game yet, he might not even cut it in the AFL.

Cox is very valuable to the Eagles - Remember, Gardiner hasn't played 20 games in a season in his career.

Saints will take Cox if the opportunity arose. But I think Heath Black would prefer to play with the Dockers next year!! Looks like Croady is on his way to Moorabbin!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by F-U
Man Lockyer is a great player, plus Cox aint exactly a young player. And why would we want to keep Dean Cox when Eagles have Mark Seaby, who will most likely be as good if not better than Gardiner(from what ive seen of him anyway). Cox will just stop getting games and become a useless idiiot who plays WAFL. Better trade him now whern he holds some value rather then later when he is worthless ie koops

For an Eagles supporter it might pay to learn about the squad a bit more - Cox is a young player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back