Dean Jones Champion Cricketer and Passionate Blues Supporter has passed away in India

Sep 16, 2010
Coastal cruiser
AFL Club
Carlton
Australian cricket legend Dean Jones dead at the age of 59
The global cricket community has been rocked by the shock and sudden death of an Australian cricket icon who lost his life in Mumbai.

James McKern
jLmcKern
94ac2431972c7940d8bd87e30306193f

SEPTEMBER 24, 20208:38PM
1ffb2fcd208de82386cab352d53f2640

Dean Jones died at 59.Source:Getty Images

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Reports out of India that former Australian Test Batsman and Carlton Cricket Club great Dean Jones has passed away in India.

Noooooo...... Literally my favourite player as a kid! Got him to sign my copy of his book at a testimonial game he played in Brissie! Absolute gentleman. Loved his swagger.

Remember the double ton against India as the walking corpse?

Vale Dean Jones and my heartfelt wishes go to his family and friends. Deepest sympathies.

Sep 16, 2010
Coastal cruiser
AFL Club
Carlton
Noooooo...... Literally my favourite player as a kid! Got him to sign my copy of his book at a testimonial game he played in Brissie! Absolute gentleman. Loved his swagger.

Vale Dean Jones and my heartfelt wishes go to his family and friends. Deepest sympathies.
Great Blues man, RIP

OMG, only 59.

Feels a touch ironic that it happened in India, when his greatest innings was in India and damn near expired him while doing it.

RIP Deano. Champion player.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow

Back