Traded Dean Kent [traded to St Kilda for #65]

Remove this Banner Ad

From the other thread on him

"Best season 20 games 25 goals, in 6 seasons, has played 10 games the last 2 seasons and will be 25 years old before the start of 2019. Injury prone."

+ uncontracted + nominated a club

Melbourne don't hold any cards in this trade.

I'd think one of the Saints picks in the late 50s/early 60s (57, 61, 63 I think) would do. Potentially two of those picks - I certainly think it'd be a good trade to give up 2 nothing picks for him but Saints might need picks?

Should think their obvious interest in Kent, three year deal and midfield time promised, means he would go for around 50 rather than 70. Would imagine they’d like to get this one done on day one of the trade period.

Should think their obvious interest in Kent, three year deal and midfield time promised, means he would go for around 50 rather than 70. Would imagine they’d like to get this one done on day one of the trade period.
Very interested to see who get it right . 70 Is like 5th Round I doubt it . 4th Rd will be fair . 60+ .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ultimately Melbourne would like to keep Kent. However he wants out. Would probably be wanting a pick in the 40s. But could see it going down for less seeing he has a poor injury history and is out of contract.

Think in a bubble he'd be worth a 3rd rounder given the Saints are giving him a solid deal, but him being uncontracted makes it hard for Melbourne to play hard ball, so it'll probably be #57 or whatever St Kilda's second pick is (given they don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick).

He's someone I think could be good if he gets a decent run with injury. Probably doesn't fit into Melbourne's Best 22 now at full fitness though.

His manager confirmed on radio (1278) this morning that Stkilda were offering him more money, more years and midfield minutes. I have my doubts how effective he'll be in the midfield, but would have loved to kept him. Hope he goes well for the Saints!

Just not sure where the saints are going with this tbh. Kent hasn’t never shown the ability to win inside footy although he was earmarked to be a winger before Goody game in.

Keeping Lonie and getting Kent for pick 57 would allow them to play Gresham even more in the midfield, and that kid is an absolute star.

Just not sure where the saints are going with this tbh. Kent hasn’t never shown the ability to win inside footy although he was earmarked to be a winger before Goody game in.

Keeping Lonie and getting Kent for pick 57 would allow them to play Gresham even more in the midfield, and that kid is an absolute star.
Yeah I doubt he'll play in the middle. A high half forward would suit us nicely as we need a bit of pace as he has a nice kick.

I'm a bit surprised we have offered him 3 years, but happy we got him as he's got some talent.

I remember watching him against North earlier in the year and he looked like he was ready to explode before getting another injury.

Yeah I doubt he'll play in the middle. A high half forward would suit us nicely as we need a bit of pace as he has a nice kick.

I'm a bit surprised we have offered him 3 years, but happy we got him as he's got some talent.

I remember watching him against North earlier in the year and he looked like he was ready to explode before getting another injury.
Shame he had such an interrupted year. Looked in career best form when fit. Played really solid against the eagles too. It’s not a good decision on paper to give up your best small forward who can also kick 60 metres and mark overhead but oh well.

Hope he gets a good run at it. He’s a really nice fit when you guys actually use that run and gun style that always kills us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back