Traded Dean Kent [traded to St Kilda for #65]

Remove this Banner Ad

a) PSD is virtually defunct
b) the opposing clubs need to actually show some interest in he
c) A trade is almost certain to be facilitated due to
i) Kent wanting more opportunities (can't blame the club, injuries have restricted him)
ii) Melbourne get to free up a list spot by a player willing to depart the club
iii) Melbourne can gain a draft advantage by packaging him up with a pick for something earlier

This trade is going to be one of the more interesting deals set to go through.

Melbourne hold picks 33, 43, 51, 81, 105 whilst St.Kilda hold picks 3, 57, 61, 63, 75, 93

Melbourne currently hold 5 live (senior list) spots whilst St.Kilda hold 6.

Feel it is a fairly straight forward deal going to be.

Melbourne get; Pick 57
St.Kilda get; Dean Kent

Don't think it can get much easier really. Transaction should get done earlier in trade week.

Fixed

Melb recieve: Pick 40
Stk: Dean Kent and future 4th round

St Kilda recieved pick 40 for Lonie. The Saints get the ability to draft late next year and have some much needed speed in Kent. Melbourne get a pick for Kent that is highly overrated, (around pick 47)

Would like to think we'll try and extract a small amount more out of this. How about Kent + 81 for 57 and 61?

I'm assuming St Kilda would still have a use for 81 of course. Where did their 2nd and 3rd rounders go?

To which Carlton or Gold Coast would gladly snatch him up, so Melbourne have a little leverage.

3rd or 4th round pick.

Kent has pace, can kick and tackle.

Also he's an ironman compared to Freeman.

What? I doubt that very much we will be interested picking up players of this calibre anymore to assist with rebuild.

The club is now in Galactico mode. These type of delisted free agents unless its a bonafide gem - those days are over.

What? I doubt that very much we will be interested picking up players of this calibre anymore to assist with rebuild.

The club is now in Galactico mode. These type of delisted free agents unless its a bonafide gem - those days are over.

He was in our best 22 when fit, a quick, tough player with a good kick.

Carlton would absolutely take him.

Come off it. Thus bloke would walk right in to your best 22 if fit. You finished the year with 2 wins and a percentage GC and Giants would have ended up with in their early years, don't pretend you wouldn't take him for nothing if the option was there

Come off it. Thus bloke would walk right in to your best 22 if fit. You finished the year with 2 wins and a percentage GC and Giants would have ended up with in their early years, don't pretend you wouldn't take him for nothing if the option was there

No he won't - would be the same as the hacks we recently delisted after a year,

No he won't - would be the same as the hacks we recently delisted after a year,
You guys had some pretty ordinary footballers in your 22 this year. I think Kent would be better than quite a few of them.

I'm not sure Carlton would have had a small forward that averaged a goal a game?

Kent averaged 1.4

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see whether the Saints trade fair or not. MFC has a good reputation, hard earned for fair dealing. What goes around ...

Will be interesting to see whether the Saints trade fair or not. MFC has a good reputation, hard earned for fair dealing. What goes around ...
and honest to god so do we....cant wait till the trade for your unwanted player goes through and we can both complain about what campaigners the others were.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back