Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

why Laidley should escape lightly just because it's fashionable to embrace transgendered people
Wayne Carey still gets work.

Barry Hall played in that Grand Final.

We could go on.

Looks like Malcolm Turnbull's missus:

af20217ac136224c16ad9569fa5b9076ae7feb80

Bit harsh on Laidley.

Laidly will face her time in court (or has?) and that shouldn't take away from what looks like on the surface her embracing of her new identity and hopefully a bit of inner peace

Gonna put it out there but I reckon grappling with that kind of inner conflict would create some trauma - she made mistakes and she should be held to account to them but people are allowed redemption and unlike Carey I doubt we will see her every Friday night front and centre on Ch7

So now she has transitioned to a women we are going to celebrate her courage and forget about the harassment and stalking of a woman 12 months ago when she was a guy?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

We could go on.
Care to enlighten me on Barry Halls women beating, stalking charges?

He may be a thug but he isn't in the same class as the other two when it comes to violence against women

Care to enlighten me on Barry Halls women beating, stalking charges?
No I didn’t say Hall beat women. Hall is an example of a violent thug who was rewarded and given the highest honour in the game.

No I didn’t say Hall beat women. Hall is an example of a violent thug who was rewarded and given the highest honour in the game.
Not comparable to stalking a woman though.

One tasteless joke about a woman got him booted out of the game

Carey I will give you though

We could go on.
Yeah we could go on, John Nicholls, Ian Stewart, Des Tuddenham etc etc.
Does that mean it shouldn't be discussed or should it be glossed over now because she's stunning and brave?

Yeah we could go on, John Nicholls, Ian Stewart, Des Tuddenham etc etc.
Does that mean it shouldn't be discussed or should it be glossed over now because she's stunning and brave?
I think it’s only really being discussed with such venom because it’s not a straight dude. Carey gets his redemption story on the leading infotainment shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn’t need to be exactly the same shorty behaviour.
It would help if the behaviour is even remotely comparable which it isn't

One victim was a woman who would have seriously been fearing for her life from Laidley. The other victim(s) copped a punch playing a physical contact game

To even compare Laidley & Carey's crimes to Halls indiscretions (they weren't even criminal cases) is a ******* joke and severely disrespectful to the female victims

A tough journey I'm sure and many days where she would have been doubting herself. Only to have dumb arse cops prove her fears right, that not all are ready to accept her decision.

Would be a difficult enough to keep it together on a good day, meth use would make it impossible. Definite candidate to medicate with illicit substances. Glad she's in a much better place.

So now she has transitioned to a women we are going to celebrate her courage and forget about the harassment and stalking of a woman 12 months ago when she was a guy?

To be fair, Laidley was never lacking in courage as a footballer and I doubt she would care what any person would have to say.

To be fair, Laidley was never lacking in courage as a footballer and I doubt she would care what any person would have to say.
Courageous isn't harassing and stalking a woman......

Thats how it works. Caitlyn Jenner ran someone over then won a bravery award at the ESPYs...

Somehow criticising, no matter how valid, is tranaphobic

The court has already dealt with the charges. While I think it's arguable they were lenient, it can't be denied that there were mitigating circumstances and that since then Laidley has sought out help for her issues.

Personally that's enough for me, but I understand how it isn't for others. Her redemption in the eyes of the public, if redemption is what we want to call it, isn't a clear cut issue.

Courageous isn't harassing and stalking a woman......

So you can’t separate the two situations at all?

Last edited:
Seperating them is one thing.

Dismissing them completely and running it through the press because it's a feel good story is another.

Hope the woman whose life he made hell for a period of time is doing well
Lets fast forward 18 months.... should Jordan Degoey be mentioned without referencing the multiple charges he has faced both here and in the US?

Man, sometimes it is like stepping into a time machine 15-20 years into the past when you log on here.

A few case studies of people who are proudly regressive and have lost step with the march of human social progress.

Last edited:
Interesting deflection. But to answer, he absolutely should not be celebrated, no.
That wasn’t the question. It’s not a deflection, but more so a valid reference point for a Collingwood fan.

In 18 months time, do you think DeGoey should be mentioned or celebrated without reference of the charges he has faced every time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back