Scandal Dean Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

Catoggio76

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
No. The victim is not "owed" punishment. The state punishes offenders, the police are part of the state. The police actions here caused harm to the offender, which mitigates the punishment the state metes out to the offender. The criminal courts are not there to provide redress for victims of crime.
Yes I understand that, but I am still not satisfied that redress for the stalked lady has been addressed. By that I mean, does she wake up and think 'the State stuffed up my case, I better seek self recovery and comfort myself, as the State won't?'

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes I understand that, but I am still not satisfied that redress for the stalked lady has been addressed. By that I mean, does she wake up and think 'the State stuffed up my case, I better seek self recovery and comfort myself, as the State won't?'

I am not a lawyer but I imagine it is difficult to prove the victim suffered as a result of the Police messing up. Laidley she could sue for sure.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Made a joke about the OB-GYN liking his fingers after conducting an internal exam...I think Lee Montagna brought up an internal exam his wife had for their soon to be born child...in the midst of a pre-game segment...it was bizzaro world all round to be honest
I’d forgotten that! Holy sh*t that was weird. And disgusting by Hall. But it was a super strange moment to raise the matter anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad