Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

People are making so many assumptions here about what the police did wrong and the punishment for the bloke who took the photo not being severe enough when they actually don’t know the facts of either
If you see someone shoot someone do you need to wait for a court to find them guilty before you call them a murderer?
Mate.

It could of just been they looked up his record in the system to see the details rather than sharing the photos. It's not uncommon to catch people doing that after something like this.

I asked "which law did they break"
VICTORIA POLICE ACT 2013 - SECT 227
Unauthorised access to, use of or disclosure of police information by members or former members of Victoria Police personnel—summary offence
(1) A member or former member of Victoria Police personnel must not, without reasonable excuse, access, use or disclose any police information if it is the duty of the member or former member not to access, make use of or disclose the information.

Penalty: 240 penalty units or imprisonment for 2 years or both.

(2) Without limiting what may be a reasonable excuse, it is a reasonable excuse if the member or former member took reasonable steps not to access, use or disclose the police information.

Note

See also section 72 of the Criminal Procedure Act 2009 , which deals with the evidential burden of proof.

A very good start toward het new horizon.. Carry us all into the idea that we can be who we want..
I was taught that people do what they want because they can... or else because they don't have
a choice..

It is none of your business by the way.. Just having an opinion is a privilege...

Weak as piss. How hard would the cops go after someone if someone released photos of say, Shane Patton that he wouldn't want in the public. A 1-3k fine? You would be looking at 5 to 10 times that and probably a month in a cell.

fu** these idiots.
your being deliberalty obtuse but you are right.. everything is always being questioned.. and everyone is in the sight of the gun.. not even a
taser s good enough.. ..GET IT RIGHT....

Unauthorised access to, use of or disclosure of police information by members or former members of Victoria Police personnel—summary offence
(1) A member or former member of Victoria Police personnel must not, without reasonable excuse, access, use or disclose any police information if it is the duty of the member or former member not to access, make use of or disclose the information.

(2) Without limiting what may be a reasonable excuse, it is a reasonable excuse if the member or former member took reasonable steps not to access, use or disclose the police information.

Note

See also section 72 of the Criminal Procedure Act 2009 , which deals with the evidential burden of proof.
Any chance you can ban Kappa while you're here?

Note

Yeah but what law did they break?

If Dean Laidley had been arrested there's no way there's no way the rozzers would have leaked photos but because it was Dani and your average cop has the eq of a ten year, out they went. It was casual transphobia pure and simple.
Don't think it was transphobia- just excited it was a high profile person methed up

Don't think it was transphobia- just excited it was a high profile person methed up
I can’t recall photos of Thompson being leaked. Anyone else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was nothing about this arrest and circumstances that I would have expected. I call that unusual.
Why wasn’t Bomber Thompson’s photo taken surreptitiously and then shared?

Why are you asking me I don't work there.
OK so we have two higher profile footy people arrested under very unusual circumstances.

One got their picture taken and shared around, as far as I recall the other didn’t.

The difference being the trans aspect as far as I can see.

You're not sure ok. She's not the first person that this has happened to so I think we'll have to disagree.
I am pretty much certain. But no doubt these blokes won’t do it again.

I'd say the community has a right to know if there's a drugged-up crossdressing lunatic lurking outside people house's, surely
At that point, accused.

And the community doesn’t have a right to pictures like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back