Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, the issue here isn't whether it would have 'come out' publicly later on, it's that police abused their position. Cops need to obey the law and their own rules, particularly as they're the ones that hold us to that standard.

And they've been punished for it.

If a Jarryd Hayne's mugshot was released I don't think anyone would really care too much. Cops that do it should get a punishment, but it's time for Danny to move on.

And they've been punished for it.

If a Jarryd Hayne's mugshot was released I don't think anyone would really care too much. Cops that do it should get a punishment, but it's time for Danny to move on.
It was an old school 1990s style tabloid outing, done with absolutely no care about Dani at all. I hope she takes them to the cleaners, we're supposedly better than that now.

it was just a photo of Laidley sitting in a police station it's not a photo in a compromised position.
There were private details, full details of the charges, phone contents and so on. It was pretty a thorough invasion of privacy.

If she did the wrong thing and got a lighter sentence because of the cops breaking the law, then the cops have screwed any victims over as well.

Regardless of your opinion on the individual the copper did the wrong thing and the law must take its natural course

Laidley had the right and will win, but it seems like Laidley has gone after them for making public, information that would have soon gone public soon enough anyway. After all it was just a photo of Laidley sitting in a police station it's not a photo in a compromised position.

Lol, the photo at the police station and mugshot wouldn't have ever gone public. The massively exaggerated rumours about what she did and what she had on her wouldn't have happened. Laidley's reputation was destroyed because of the leaks, and 90% of the people who read those initial stories and saw the leaked images and police gossip simply wont ever read into the truth of the saga in any particular depth. Damage was irreversibly done due to the police abusing their powers and breaking the law.

Laidley had the right and will win, but it seems like Laidley has gone after them for making public, information that would have soon gone public soon enough anyway. After all it was just a photo of Laidley sitting in a police station it's not a photo in a compromised position.

My argument is wouldn't you just let this go and show some mercy to the police officers in the same way people have shown mercy to Laidley despite quite serious stalking charges. I'm sure the person who was stalked won't feel safe while Laidley is still walking the streets.

I would have thought in terms of priority in Laidley's life going after the police for what was going to come out anyway is a little petty.
Having worked in a prison, you know before even starting your first shift, that you do not access anybody’s record that is not directly connected with your prison and you have a good reason to be in there. Police are the same. I was dying to have a peak at Ben Cousin’s Statement of Facts for his various crimes but I simply didn’t.

The police officers published those photos of Dani Laidley for ridicule and humiliation. I can only imagine how awful it was for her. Anybody that enters the criminal justice system for the first time usually does so on the worst day of their lives and are extremely vulnerable. For this reason, many are deemed at risk of self harm or suicide and monitored accordingly. On top of this, Dani Laidley had photos published. This wasn’t something petty. Police and prison officers KNOW the information they collect is extremely confidential.

Resolving issues from the past (suing the police) may be therapeutic and help her to move forward with what appears to be a bright future (certainly a lot brighter than a year ago).

As others have noted, she looks healthy so that’s one good thing out of this whole horror story.

Having worked in a prison, you know before even starting your first shift, that you do not access anybody’s record that is not directly connected with your prison and you have a good reason to be in there. Police are the same. I was dying to have a peak at Ben Cousin’s Statement of Facts for his various crimes but I simply didn’t.

The police officers published those photos of Dani Laidley for ridicule and humiliation. I can only imagine how awful it was for her. Anybody that enters the criminal justice system for the first time usually does so on the worst day of their lives and are extremely vulnerable. For this reason, many are deemed at risk of self harm or suicide and monitored accordingly. On top of this, Dani Laidley had photos published. This wasn’t something petty. Police and prison officers KNOW the information they collect is extremely confidential.

Resolving issues from the past (suing the police) may be therapeutic and help her to move forward with what appears to be a bright future (certainly a lot brighter than a year ago).

As others have noted, she looks healthy so that’s one good thing out of this whole horror story.

well said and nice to hear an informed And balanced view

Lol, the photo at the police station and mugshot wouldn't have ever gone public. The massively exaggerated rumours about what she did and what she had on her wouldn't have happened. Laidley's reputation was destroyed because of the leaks, and 90% of the people who read those initial stories and saw the leaked images and police gossip simply wont ever read into the truth of the saga in any particular depth. Damage was irreversibly done due to the police abusing their powers and breaking the law.

The damage was done when Laidley violently stalked a woman.

“On April 4 at approximately 1am, the accused attended the victim’s address and rang the doorbell several times,” the documents allege.

“At 8am, the victim returned home to find the accused in her driveway and was stopping the victim from entering her building. The accused became abusive towards the victim and called her a ‘sl**’ and ‘c***’.

“The accused then phoned the victim and began to verbally abuse her, saying, ‘I am going to ram you with the car when you leave’.”

If there is some form of a positive from this she has been able to say "* it" and embrace who she is, rather than feel she has to hide it. Its a very unfortunate way to have to do that though

“On April 4 at approximately 1am, the accused attended the victim’s address and rang the doorbell several times,” the documents allege.

“At 8am, the victim returned home to find the accused in her driveway and was stopping the victim from entering her building. The accused became abusive towards the victim and called her a ‘sl**’ and ‘c***’.

“The accused then phoned the victim and began to verbally abuse her, saying, ‘I am going to ram you with the car when you leave’.”
If you want to see how the police would treat you and your family and friends if they thought they could get away with it, watch how they treat other people when they think they can get away with it.

The answer is, no matter who their target is, don't let them get away with it.

Does seem strange. Take the trans issue out and most guys on here would be happy for someone who did s**t like this to be royally ****ed over. If it had been their sister/mother etc a guy was doing that too I'm sure they'd be quite happy for the cops to give him a flogging and "accidentally" leak his details so people knew what he was really like.

Saying that, clearly the cops were in the wrong and bloody dumb with it. Open shut case really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I side with the Gender Critical feminists. I believe sex is dimorphic and don't agree with trans activists that trans women are women. I believe that trans people deserve not to be discriminated against, but I still believe there is a conflict of interest between women's rights to single-sex spaces and transwomen's experiences. I believe transwomen are transwomen, not biological women, and that women are adult human females. Inspired by the rape victims of transwomen, I believe it can be incredibly distressing to female rape victims, for instance, to be forced to use the chosen pronouns of transwomen who have sexually assaulted/raped them with their penises. I refuse the words cis, and I don't think it should be forced on people to use Laidley's preferred pronouns.

Isn't a male person who dresses as a woman and still has male genitalia called a transvestite?

....and only a person who has had the op to get rid of said genitalia called transgender? That's how it was in my day, although not talked about much back then.

I will not call someone a transgender if they are still intact and just a male dressing up, but we will never know I guess.......and its for that reason I agree with Caitlyn Jenner who said a transgender woman should not play in female sports.

I side with the Gender Critical feminists. I believe sex is dimorphic and don't agree with trans activists that trans women are women. I believe that trans people deserve not to be discriminated against, but I still believe there is a conflict of interest between women's rights to single-sex spaces and transwomen's experiences. I believe transwomen are transwomen, not biological women, and that women are adult human females. Inspired by the rape victims of transwomen, I believe it can be incredibly distressing to female rape victims, for instance, to be forced to use the chosen pronouns of transwomen who have sexually assaulted/raped them with their penises. I refuse the words cis, and I don't think it should be forced on people to use Laidley's preferred pronouns.

Gender and sex are completely different in our society. A he who identifies as a she is still a he but is called a she.

Definite vibe that the photos were shared primarily to humiliate Laidley. That's a dick move for one, and unacceptable from a police officer.
People who deliberately use non preferred pronouns just look sad and want others to be sadder. Dont need to push other people down to feel good about yourself. It costs nothing to let others live their best lives.

Gender and sex are completely different in our society. A he who identifies as a she is still a he but is called a she.

You're free to see gender and sex that way, other people might see it completely differently.

I don't really care one way or another. People can call themselves what they want. As long it doesn't affect my life. Out of politeness I would call someone like Laidley a she in a face to face interaction, but for all intents it's a man that wants to dress like a woman and be feminine which is all good, but he/she is not really a woman. You'll have a hard time convincing me otherwise.

It is possible that people that support giving sex hormones to children to alter their development are wrong. Some people will call me crazy and all kinds of horrible, nasty things, but that's the world we live in I suppose (or country because most of the world would agree with me I suspect).

Again, don't really care what people do with their lives if it doesn't affect me. Just observing and having an opinion.

Last edited:
You're free to see gender and sex that way, other people might see it completely differently.

I don't really care one way or another. People can call themselves what they want. As long it doesn't affect my life. Out of politeness I would call someone like Laidley a she in a face to face interaction, but for all intents it's a man that wants to dress like a woman and be feminine which is all good, but he/she is not really a woman. You'll have a hard time convincing me otherwise.

It is possible that people that support giving sex hormones to children to alter their development are wrong. Some people will call me crazy and all kinds of horrible, nasty things, but that's the world we live in I suppose (or country because most of the world would agree with me I suspect).

Again, don't really care what people do with their lives if it doesn't affect me. Just observing and having an opinion.

Hence why gender and sex are not the same, I'm agreeing with you

I would prefer to be 10 or 15 years younger to avoid discrimination in employment ... and relationships. Too bad. I can't alter my birth certificate to change biological fact of my birth year even through i look and feel at least 10 years younger.

So why should it be different for trans people. You can't change biological facts just because you want to. Laidley is a man who dresses and wants to be a woman. Ok fine... I don't care, but saying you ARE a woman, playing sport against biological women is plain wrong, and pandering to the female pronoun thing is just silly.

I would prefer to be 10 or 15 years younger to avoid discrimination in employment ... and relationships. Too bad. I can't alter my birth certificate to change biological fact of my birth year even through i look and feel at least 10 years younger.

So why should it be different for trans people. You can't change biological facts just because you want to. Laidley is a man who dresses and wants to be a woman. Ok fine... I don't care, but saying you ARE a woman, playing sport against biological women is plain wrong, and pandering to the female pronoun thing is just silly.
Why do you care about what they want to be called?

If you say the call someone by the wrong pronoun they might ruin your life or career, ban you from a forum, be punished for thoughtcrimes. It's a good idea to stay abreast of the latest thoughtcrimes.
If you do it on purpose to rile people up then yeah you deserve consequences. If you do it accidentally and just apologise afterwards you will be fine.

If you do it on purpose to rile people up then yeah you deserve consequences. If you do it accidentally and just apologise afterwards you will be fine.

I don't think anyone is trying to deliberately goad a reaction from militant segments of our society, they are just expressing opinions. I don't know what the alternative is we all just keep our opinions to ourselves, everyone scared to talk.

But one must be wary of the thoughtpolice it is their life mission to punish thoughtcrimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back