Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure. And he got penalised for that. Years later he told a bad joke and lost his job. But Carey doesnt seem to have suffered too much work-wise despite his ongoing shocking treatment of women.

didnt Baz just get a gig on SAS or I’m a celeb or something?

carey would lose his job in an instant if he transgressed again.

Man, sometimes it is like stepping into a time machine 15-20 years into the past when you log on here.

A few case studies of people who are proudly regressive and have lost step with the march of human social progress.
actually social progress has gone backwards in case u havent noticed,has been for decades,in this country anyway :thumbsupv1:

The scandal isn't that Laidley was not dealt with adequately by the courts, but that anyone, with loads of money and backing can achieve a different outcome than someone without those resources.

Legal Aid does a herculean job, but it is not the same as a squad of Q.Cs, accompanying PR, management guidance, coterie references....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure. And he got penalised for that. Years later he told a bad joke and lost his job. But Carey doesnt seem to have suffered too much work-wise despite his ongoing shocking treatment of women.

And Laidley is being lauded despite wrecking the life of a woman over a long period of time. And then seems to have been treated very kindly by the legal system.

Are we talking about legal penalty or the "good bloke" factor?

Did Laidley legally change his first name through BDM?

If he hasn't then those who are referring to the name 'Dean' (the very person who has had that name for the vast majority of their life so far) are morally sound.

The rest of you that keep trying to force corrections can swing the sjw flag elsewhere.

If he hasn't then those who are referring to the name 'Dean' (the very person who has had that name for the vast majority of their life so far) are morally sound.

The rest of you that keep trying to force corrections can swing the sjw flag elsewhere.

You seem to be assuming she hasn't changed her name, going by your follow up. Just because you can't get your head around these issues, it doesn't mean that people can't advocate for them. I mean, the dinosaurs did die out and so too will intolerance towards trans people. There will always be a new issue for those slow to the party to wax lyrically about the downfall of civilisation over

You seem to be assuming she hasn't changed her name, going by your follow up. Just because you can't get your head around these issues, it doesn't mean that people can't advocate for them. I mean, the dinosaurs did die out and so too will intolerance towards trans people. There will always be a new issue for those slow to the party to wax lyrically about the downfall of civilisation over
They've had the one (first) name that everyone knows for 50+ years.

This isn't about intolerance.

Don't over do it.

They've had the one (first) name that everyone knows for 50+ years.

This isn't about intolerance.

Don't over do it.

And everybody knows that the name has now changed. Do we cater for those who don't want to acknowledge the change or do we cater for what it's fair and just?

Don't dismiss it.

Also, nobody but her family and friends have known her for 50 years and used the name so much that it's a genuine habit. Those in the thread are just intolerant for the most part.

Good behaviour bond for something which carries a potential 10 year prison sentence.

Would be interesting to know how often people are treated so leniently.

And that is just the stalking. Doesnt even cover the threats to ram a car in to the woman.
Well you'd be shocked at how lenient our courts and how little urgency the police give these types of things. Women in our country are not taken seriously when it comes to stalking, cyber stalking, domestic abuse etc. And even if they're taken seriously, they're rarely going to see the justice they deserve.

Just three months ago a man in Townsville plead guilty to eight counts of sexual assault and was given a 12 month suspended sentence. There's the Hobart case where a mechanic literally installed software on a victims car, stalked her around the city, entered her home at night, and he was given a 6 month suspended sentence.

Read up on Di McDonald and Max Gardiner if you want a horrific series of events that lasted for years as the police didn't do anything.

What does it matter to you if she changed her name via BDM?

It may take some adjustment to get used to saying the new name, which I think is entirely normal behaviour as patterns are not easily broken. But if they want to be called a certain name then what's wrong with just respecting their wishes.

Good on Laidley for sorting her s**t out.
My question though, do we have to refer to her past as Dean with the female pronoun, or is it still onto refer to that time as him? Do we refer to her past as Dean, or is it re-written as dani?

I have a rule of thumb when reading posts: if someone uses “FACT” without any irony, their ideas are usually ill-informed and wrong.

Thanks for reaffirming this for me.

technically, biologically. if hes still intact down there then hes a living man,you can only be identified as a woman if you posses a womb,thats FACT
change your name,your hair length,whatever,mentally you can decieve yourself,wish yourself till your blue in the face,thats fine, but if you dont posses a womb you are not a woman,pls do not disgrace,insult and confuse the true living women of this realm
lets just cut to the chase....anybody who doesnt posses one isnt one,its pure nonsense.....Dean Laidley has the rite to act out who he wants to play
everyday of the week,no problem for me,but he aint no woman and that my friends can be proven,'he who maketh the claim bares the burden of proof'
now....if anyone of you dolts on here can prove that Dean Laidley posseses a womb then i'll quietly slip off into the sunset,if not,then STFU and i'll be happy to educate you on the physiology of living man and woman
We'll be sure to tell all those women with MRKH they're not women. Dark ages called, even they don't want you back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back