Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

If you get a PhD it is your title, not your identity. Your former life could be spoken about without complication. Whether Dr is included or not, everyone knows what you’re talking about.
If you wanted to talk about Laidley’s professional career, you’re forced to either paint a picture of a woman playing football and coaching at the highest level in the men’s league. This did not happen. Or if you talk about Dean Laidley and His Career you are talking about a person who… ceases to exist?

It’s an “easy change that costs you nothing” if it doesn’t force you to express values you don’t hold. It would cost me nothing to change my language around topics like evolution and the age of the earth to placate fundamentalists Christians. But I don’t want to, so I won’t.

Lol can you think of any other titles that might just be relevant to the conversation at hand? If you called me Dr but referenced something I did before I became one would you blow a fuse over it? Nah I reckon you’d work it out.

No one’s asking you to deny scientific facts. Biological sex and gender identity aren’t always one and the same and you conflating the latter with topics like evolution does nothing but show your complete lack of appreciation for this distinction.

I think it's pretty cool that an inaugural Eagle turned out to be trans. Who'd have thought. Shows that as much as you love a club you can always appreciate that connection a wee bit more. I was a closet kid during the Cousins era and the Eagles were one of my biggest joys and no doubt helped me get through those times, so something like this warms the heart.

Last edited:
No one’s asking you to deny scientific facts. Biological sex and gender identity aren’t always one and the same and you conflating the latter with topics like evolution does nothing but show your complete lack of appreciation for this distinction.

They’re absolutely asking that. Gender is real. It is scientifically measurable.

To change from what?

From the gender identity that we assign to them, which we align to their biological sex by default. A newborn has no autonomy over nor concept of their identity at this point but this will develop over time. It may change, it may not. Not that hard.

From the gender identity that we assign to them, which we align to their biological sex by default. A newborn has no autonomy over nor concept of their identity at this point but this will develop over time. It may change, it may not. Not that hard.
Why do we align it to their biological sex? If the two are completely untethered from each other, surely we are doing them harm by treating girls as girls and boys as boys. Do infants also need the they/them/their treatment?

The process you are describing goes like this in reality:
When a boy is born, they are a boy. So we align their gender to their gender, just like we do with their eye colour and number of limbs. A newborn has no autonomy over nor concept of their identity at this time, but may go on to develop a delusion or mental illness in adolescence or adulthood.

Why do we align it to their biological sex? If the two are completely untethered from each other, surely we are doing them harm by treating girls as girls and boys as boys. Do infants also need the they/them/their treatment?

The process you are describing goes like this in reality:
When a boy is born, they are a boy. So we align their gender to their gender, just like we do with their eye colour and number of limbs. A newborn has no autonomy over nor concept of their identity at this time, but may go on to develop a delusion or mental illness in adolescence or adulthood.

You’re still stuck at square one. Sex and gender are not the same thing. If you can’t wrap your head around this fundamental then there’s no point discussing it any further.

I'm little bit more progressive than having all the eggs in the biology basket but some people (including me to an extent) view matters like this in the simplest of terms. ie- A man is a man & A women is a women.

and that's not being obnoxious.

You can't be a man for most of your life, get married, have children and then at 50 make the most drastic of changes a person can do. Now everyone has to conform to that persons gender pronouns and you even got others trying to enforce it in this thread.

I've met Dean/Dani in person couple times and I'd still have chat if I ever bump into em. Like nothing really changes in that sense....even if I'm not conforming to petty gender pronoun propaganda.
You really can’t just say Dani and her can you? You’ve even met her a few times and yet you can’t just call her by the name she wants to go by. Says a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Names are a way of identifying someone. If Dani was referred to as Dean Laidly, everyone will know who you are talking about The correct name is only required for legal documents and communication.

Changed by what society has deemed is a male/female trait/trend?

I do wonder what makes people feel they are a female in a males body or a male in a females body etc. It would be interesting to hear why they think this and how much of it is from what society deems is female/male behaviour/likes/dislikes etc.

To me a male has a penis, a female has a vagina

I think it's pretty cool that an inaugural Eagle turned out to be trans. Who'd have thought. Shows that as much as you love a club you can always appreciate that connection a wee bit more. I was a closet kid during the Cousins era and the Eagles were one of my biggest joys and no doubt helped me get through those times, so something like this warms the heart.
Totally agree. (Nice story btw, thanks for sharing).
Well done Dani Laidley I say.
If that’s who you are then good luck on the journey to getting to be the person you always thought you may have been.
Dani would have walked a very hard road to get to this point and I think it’s kind of inspirational.
Seeing Dani at the NMCF recently was brilliant, well done North.

Totally agree. (Nice story btw, thanks for sharing).
Well done Dani Laidley I say.
If that’s who you are then good luck on the journey to getting to be the person you always thought you may have been.
Dani would have walked a very hard road to get to this point and I think it’s kind of inspirational.
Seeing Dani at the NMCF recently was brilliant, well done North.
Yeah it would have been tough going. I finally cracked at about 20 and transitioned in an earlier era (which shows how desperate I was I guess). For Dani to get that far in life, and also being a public figure for her entire adult life, it must have been a marathon grind with a few forks and low points along the way, especially if they knew from a young age. I hope the footy obsession helped with Dani too. North did a great job welcoming her back.

Yeah it would have been tough going. I finally cracked at about 20 and transitioned in an earlier era (which shows how desperate I was I guess). For Dani to get that far in life, and also being a public figure for her entire adult life, it must have been a marathon grind with a few forks and low points along the way, especially if they knew from a young age. I hope the footy obsession helped with Dani too. North did a great job welcoming her back.
It will be nice when the day comes that likes of Dani Laidley or Josh Cavallo won't be lauded for their bravery in just being their honest self.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back